Men are in love with things you never think about.
Although men are frequently advertised as the gender that suffers from being serial runner-up in the Communicate-Your-Goddamn-Feelings-Awards, men have a volcano of passion and emotion in boiling away in their little Grinch hearts, no matter how much they pretend it’s not the case.
Men fall in love with body parts, cute little mannerisms, and adorable habits you probably never even realized he obsesses about on a daily basis.
Sometimes in a working day he’ll stare off into space to recall a particular moment from last night (and not always the smoking hot foreplay, though of course that has its special place in his fantasy bank) – just a memory of what makes you the woman he can’t imagine his life without.
When you suddenly get an adorable text message from your guy in the middle of the day, he’s probably having one of these moments.
Here are just a few of those things he can’t get enough of:
1. The excitement on your face when he says “shall we order dessert?”
2. The way you push your nails through the back of his hair sometimes when you share a passionate kiss.
3. How you make him feel like a hero for making you a cup of tea when you’ve had a rough day at work.
4. The way you get giddy about popcorn when you go to the movies.
5. When you whisper to him how sexy he is in a room full of his friends and family.
6. That you care about looking incredible when you go out together, and take extra time on your hair and make-up, even though he tells you you’re beautiful anyway.
7. How excited you are to get warm in bed with him.
8. The soft part on the back of your neck that he kisses while you’re asleep.
9. How tight you squeeze his hand when you walk into the party together.
10. The way you turn over to cuddle him in your sleep. And then jump on him in the morning. Then when he tries to get up, you pull him under the covers, kiss him, and tell him he’s not allowed to leave the bed today.
11. How strangely hot it is to watch you eat cereal first thing in the morning. And that sexy “morning smell” all women mysteriously seem to have.
12. When you tell him how safe he makes you feel.
13. How incredible you smell before you walk out the door to go out to meet your friends.
14. When you text him randomly to tell him how special he is and how you can’t wait to be home together tonight.
15. The way you completely admire him and tell him to go for it, even when he feels the world pushing against him.
These traits only come from someone who is (a) caring, (b) lives in the moment, and (c) is her authentic self.
Someone who is caring is able to make her man feel incredible.
Someone who lives in the moment is spontaneous, able to enjoy the present and has fun now, instead of living in the past or future.
Someone who is authentic doesn’t need to play a character – she is comfortable in her own skin and allows her true self to emerge around the man she loves.
When you’re guarded, or try too hard to play a character that isn’t who you really are, you deprive the relationship of those real moments that make it incredible.
A guy doesn’t fall in love with the mask you present to the world; he falls in love with who you are when all of that disappears.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Stephen Hussey helped co-write the Get The Guy book and is a wealth of knowledge on dating and relationships.
To Follow Steve On Twitter For More Updates Click Here
(Photo: Nathan Congleton)
48 Replies to “15 Things He Secretly Loves About You That He Doesn’t Tell You”
I’m melting and speechless, even blushing from those sweet words (•^_^•). Yes, it’s the little things that matters.
I just love this Stephen….It just makes me miss being with a special someone…Thanks for this article…;) I am a hopeless romantic…& always will be….<3
Wow!!! Never even thought about any of these. Thanks Stephen for sharing these.
Stephen, you’re a great writer and this article provides valuable insight. Unfortunately, there have been two separate instances in the past year that I’ve opened my heart to dating, let myself be vulnerable, and had an immense amount of fun… It’s too bad those two individuals didn’t feel the same about me.
I’ve excitedly smiled at the mention of dessert, got lost in the moment of a passionate kiss, felt absolute comfort waking up beside them, shared my quirks, randomly gave kisses in an elevator before the door opened, openly complimented them (and truly meant what I admired about them).
And to not avail, they appear interested for 2 months and then leave. Every. Single. Time. I guess my authentic self was meant to walk this journey alone.
No one is meant to walk alone. There’s somebody out there for everyone. Some times patience and time are your best friend. Your special someone will come along and when they do it will be when it was meant to be.trust me it’s frustrating. Patience and time.
I loved this article Stephen…Hit the nail on the head…Again… ;) <3
I loved and appreciate to read this kind of article because it does help to see stuff which we were doing but did not realised it and this somehow makes me smile and laugh at myself because in reality I’m still single.
Absolutely gorgeous article Stephen. Thank you so much for sharing the male perspective – I love it
❤️ This. THANK YOU STEPHEN!
I totally agree with everything said above. But what if you are all that, and you were doing all that – and he leaves you with an excuse that he is very good in judgement and knowing that the way he reacts and the way you are, you both are going to reach a point in your relationship in future where you will fight? So he left because he was scared of giving a chance of knowing you more and being happy with you? What then?
Stephen, ever since I have read this article, I have been in wonder of what I smell like in the morning #11 “And that sexy morning smell all women mysteriously seem to have”. Not every day I think of this, but enough to drive me bonkers.
All-Time POPULAR Posts