Be Thankful for Bad Men

Since moving from London to the United States, it’s taken a while for me to get used to the idea of Thanksgiving.

At first it felt weird to have an extra holiday squeezed in just before Christmas.

But now I love it (watch this video to see what I’m thankful for).

And it got me wondering… could you even be grateful for the bad things in life? Say, bad dates, bad men, bad relationships?

Sound crazy?

Well, take a look at this and you’ll see what I mean…

115 Responses to Be Thankful for Bad Men

1. Mata Hari says:

This was the advice of a mystic. Respect Mathew!

2. Julie MacKenzie says:

Too funny! Jameson…reminded me of Mr. Bean with that turkey on his head! LOL! I am thankful for my family & friends…& to Matthew Hussey & his wonderful support team who happened to help me “get the guy”…;) Hugs! <3

3. Ell says:

I’m thankful for the guy who didn’t apperciate me the way he should of. He lead me here to Matthew, and with Matt’s advice I’m postive that I’ll find my true love. Even though I’m bummed it didn’t workout with my ex, I know one day I’ll be thanking him for letting me go so I could find the one I’m truely meant to be with!

4. Karyn Cavallo says:

I am thankful for my sister Dana and her husband Ben. They have created a wonderful little family with their two awesome boys! Thankful to be part of a wonderful extended (huge) family!

Thank you also Matthew for making the happiness in their lives possible and that of so many people you touch!

Karyn from ,Syracuse, NY

5. Glenda Sexton says:

I very thankful for my girlies who never judge me. And I’m also thankful for perspective.

Wow, that was a really cool video, thanks Matt & Team!! I’m really greateful for it:) And suddenly so many things that I’m grateful for “reminded me of themselves”. Like all the super holidays that I had this year and some amazing magical moments with awesome people there. And those journeys that are ahead of me next year. And my house that is full of light. The fact that I can buy myself food that nourishes me everyday. My family. My friends. All my past jobs and the new one that’s just ahead of me. My body and mind that serve me so well. And yes.. all my men from the past – good and bad. Thanks!!!

7. Karey says:

Jameson is cute! :)

8. Valentina Mazzei says:

I am thankfull for having my family and friends with me, health and specially thankfull for knowing you. You make me have confidence in myself. I love you Matt and all the Staff!! you change lifes!

Thank you!,
    Valentina

9. Rocio says:

I am thankful for Matt s great piece of advice. Being a positive person will certainly change my love life!

10. lynelle says:

I’m thankful that I am shown the need for, importance of, and endless opportunity for gratitude itself. Everywhere I go now, I see others looking at this “simple word” GRATITUDE and realizing just how Everything and Everywhere that it is.

So I don’t find the need to be grateful FOR something; gratitude is this whole way of life and grateful is an intransitive verb.

However — there are one heckava lot of things I am indeed grateful FOR, too — including having gotten mixed up with Matthew Hussey and his team. I love you guys. Happy Holidays, happy life, PEACE to you all.

11. Paige says:

Going along with your advice, Matthew, I am thankful for a special person in my life named Connor. For about a year and a half we have tried to be together and it has never worked out. There has been pain, tears, heartbreak, joy, excitement, passion, and a lot of self evaluation. He has taught me a lot about life and about what I really need and deserve. And even though we didn’t work out, I came back a better, more wise person. Happy holidays Matthew, thank you for letting me share

12. Barbara says:

I am thankfull for all the learning I gained this year, for my financial stability, for doing what I love, for my flexibility, for having the life I want, for the mentors life brings me everyday, for being able to work in making the world a better place every day, for my health, for my family and friends, for my lovely apartment, for the travel I can make, for the opportunities and blessings I have every single day, for all the love I have in my life, for being able to share my life with so many incredible and extraordinary people. Jameson, with that name, lets go and grab a whisky! Besos!!

13. Suylin S says:

I’m thankful For Matthew Hussey and his team for allowing me to see a different perspective on men!

• Seritavieira says:

I am thankful for life and all that I have and being able to wake up to a new day knowing I have a chance to be better and do better. Thanks Matt for your words I truly appreciate each and every one! happy thanksgiving to u and your family

14. Sandy says:

I am thankful that no matter how the day turns out, I have been able to wake up each morning and HAVE A DAY

15. Angela says:

Dear Matthew,

I am thankful for all my beautiful family and friends. For their inspiration, love and for always being there for me to brighten my day! I am also thankful for a potential career change, which I know will ultimately be the right one for me! Best wishes.

16. Cheryl says:

I am thankful for the challenges I am given. I am thankful for a world that allows the sun to shine through people.

17. Hilda says:

I am thankful for the wonderful children who are amazing adults and for awesome grand children. Also thankful for every day to have the opportunity of a better life.

18. Jan says:

I’m thankful for “Meet Up”
    I’ve found a group locally, and have met so many lovely, new people. I’ve gone from being the dumped woman to enjoying life with new friends. The guys are funny and fun, and every meet up, usually has one or two new faces!
    Now enjoying life to the full.

19. Jami says:

There is a lot for me to be thankful for this year:
    · For being able to go back to school
    · For being able to buy my first home all on my own
    · For being able to change careers and prove that I can do the job
    · For my parents and brother who love and support me
    · For having met really good friends over the past 3 years
    · For one very special friend who has been my rock. He encouraged me to be who I am, to finally make the move to change careers, and to love me for me.

I may not be with someone, but I am thankful that the bad relationships and bad dates have taught me what I truly want in a guy, and not to settle for those who don’t see my value or aren’t willing to meet me on my level.

Lastly, I’m grateful that you were part of what helped me learn that lesson. Finding your videos and book were the best thing for me these past couple of years. Hopefully one day I will meet you in person and can thank you face to face.

20. Nancie says:

I am thankful for having people in my life that support, inspire and encourage me. And I am a grateful that I’m learning and growing.

21. Aliaa says:

I’m thankful for meeting you this year. For having a better perspective in life. And for getting closer to finding the love of my life everyday!!!
    You’re the best team in the whole wide world. :)

Aliaa

22. Holli Christine McCormick says:

Hi Matthew and team!

I shared this with your dad last week and will try to make it brief:

I am thankful for my ex and how his unhealthiness has pushed me to get healthy, find my power and voice as a woman.

On Thursday, between working with a local mentor extraordinaire in combination with learning from you how to talk so men will listen…I changed my story so dramatically…there are not words. I left my marriage because it was “abusive” 5.5 years ago. I had to cut off all communication for a month just in order to break the abusive pattern. Then I kept communication to just emails and texts mostly for 2 years. During the 5.5 years, I have worked my tail off to get healthy, to learn about holding standards for myself, even got my NLP coaching cert to help – and tho my ex has done very little work – because I have changed so much…we are now co-parenting and having great conversations where we are actually able to hear each other.

More than that, just since July when I found your work, I have so dramatically changed my story about men – realizing at least for me (and suspect for many women) that it is really a subconscious program that we women buy into that men are unsafe, dangerous, out to get us. My hard work has proven to me that that was my story, and thus I played it out. But when I changed that story – the story plays out differently and I can see how much the men – even my “narcissist” ex – actually really do care about me and want the best for me.

So – to end…as I said to your dad…I am sooooooooooooooooo darn thankful for you and the team for brining this light into the world! (And really want an opportunity to work and learn more from you :-)

23. Kristine Gravelle-Rystenbil says:

Love the reframing and the thank you’s from your team at the end. Two thumbs up! Well done.

24. REENA says:

I am thankful for this video. I do practice gratitude, still clearly, we need reminders from time to time. Thank you for the timely reminder.
    Because of your video Mathew, I am able to say the following :
    I am grateful for both the men I loved, who treated like I was invisible went on to date someone else, as this has given me an understanding that I need to be comfortable being visible to the outside world.
    I am thankful for the proposal that was sad and bad, because it tells me the vibration I had been, and thus it is time to change that, time to raise my vibrations.
    Best regards
    Reena Yadav, India

25. Selene says:

Waaaahahahahahah! The turkey! The tuuuurkeeeeeeey! XD
    Er… I’m tahnkful for my men, brothers, father, exes, guys after me.
    I’m thankful for my art skills.
    And I’m thankful for hitting my 40 and still look like a 20’s
    *Giggles*

26. Hafsa says:

I am thankful for my family always being,for me and lifting me up.And you Matthew Hussey for your advice happy holidays to all.

27. Carolyne Christine Melson says:

I am thankful for my family, and my gifts as an artist that God has blessed me with!

28. Heather Bowen says:

I am thankful that I am lying in bed sick with the flu so that I can have some time to catch up with my Matthew Hussey emails and videos…my life has been getting so busy because it’s so amazing…how did that stinkin’ virus know that I needed some MH time for learning new tactics with men? Haha! Happy Thanksgiving!

29. Jill Handy says:

I’m grateful for a warm apartment, good food and wonderful roommates to spend time with!

30. Lauren says:

I am thankful for my wonderful daughter. And for a good nights sleep and for being able to work out at the gym.Happy Thanksgiving!!

31. Heather Bowen says:

Thank You Matthew for being so amazing! I am thankful that I do know what Jaimeson looks like because I attended one of your retreats last year!

I have so much to be thankful for, that I would be writing here for a bloody long time. I am inspired to write to you about my experience since the retreat that I attended…I am reading some amazing books on fitness…these books are so hot and inspiring…almost as sexy as you ~ buuuuut being the book junky you claim to be, you’ve probably already checked them out.
    They need to be added to your member’s post-retreat reading list! They are a must read…will provide your ladies with information to be healthy, sexy, and physically strong if that is something they are into….at least for all the sporty adventurous ladies like me! Happy Thanksgiving! Welcome to the USA!
    Heather xx

32. fairykiss69@gmail.com says:

i am thankful for my mom and best friend who are always there for me no matter what and to be able to laugh because jameson made me laugh so hard thanks for that : D

33. Dawn says:

Matthew, my experience is different. Every time I was single and happy, I was attracting mass of men, that stands. But when we get into relationship and at some point down the line I show them that I am sometimes depressed and hurt, and not happy, they do not know how to handle that and usually disappoint me as people. Otherwise, they were great partners for the first, say year or two, and everything was going well. But when it comes to having to help me out and be there for me for a period of time, none of them bothered too much. I got “there there baby, its going to be fine, you can make it” – trivial empty words when you need real support.
    So I decided that meeting guys when you are happy is not really my thing. I want to meet someone when I am a bit down and a bit stressed, not my happiest and not at my best. It is easy to attract anyone when happy, but people who will like me in a different state of mind, just normal, are those that I will be looking for. They will appreciate the good times, and be there for bad times. You need someone who can do both, right?

34. Eliza says:

Im thankfull for get to know amazing human beings like you guys and that give me hope to find my one and only

35. Sandy- NYC says:

Thank you so much for your preparation of the video and Jameson why are you covered in a turkey costume. Are you under the witness protection program?
    Thank you to the men who had no respect for me this year and last year and have show me that I am a valuable person. Have a great holiday!!

36. EC says:

I’m and thankful for my family and friends, my puppy and doctors and nurses and healing remedies. I’m thankful for all the wonderful people in my life. Thank you for making us look at the amazing instead of the lack.

37. CCR says:

What I am thankful for: I saw a guy for a short time. That is, we only had hook-ups when he was available. He didn’t want anyone to know he did this with me. He had to go on a trip and stopped by for another hook-up. Because I study my GTG, oI said we will sit in your vehicle and talk. I told him I don’t do “hook-ups.” I do dating. He finally said he wants something of mine to have with him while we are apart. The only thing I had was a ring, so I gave him that. He was to come by upon his return. He didn’t even call. That weekend I texted him that I wanted something of his for when we are apart. He said “No! You want a relationship! I’ll have to give your ring back.” Then he started to bargain about a basis for seeing me. I replied “Pay attention! I don’t do hook-ups.” Well I haven’t had any contact since–not even after I texted I wanted to have my ring back. But my gratitude comes from how I felt. And for the first time I understood how so many Afro-American women felt those decades ago, when they were north of the Mason-Dixon Line and were courted and kept in secret by white free-state polititions. I am so thankful for that experience of understanding and the fact that if it weren’t for GTG, standing up for my value as a woman might not have occurred to me.

38. Penny says:

I am thankful for Matthew Hussey’s help during a difficult past year. Happy Thanksgiving to Matthew and all the staff at how to get the guy.com

39. Cassie says:

I am thankful for the unemployment money that is getting me through till I get another job–hopefully one I love!! I’m thankful to have a car, roof over my head, and support from Matt and everybody else in this family. I have such a hard time with men!

I spoke to Michael last year about the retreat–he was wonderful to speak to, and quite handsome I see now! Maybe one day I will have the money to come meet you all. Happy Thanksgiving

40. Sasha says:

I am grateful for my shift in perspective. Subconsciously i would make bad men as the majority of men i met. Then suddenly i had this moment of awareness of wait a minute is this really true or have i cast the one off as the majority? Then i looked around other men in my circle, and started to appreciate i have great men in my life: Men that are respectful, kind, set good example, masculine, men of strength. This is something i am retraining myself every time i meet a good man i am thankful and appreciative and those men are the majority in my life vs the one offs ☺️

41. Miss P says:

Awww, poor Jamison! Relegated to anonymity. For shame.

42. Tammy says:

I am thankful for my daughter. She is my rock and makes me want to be the best me I can be so she can look up to me and have an example of a strong independent woman. For this reason, 6 years ago I left an abusive relationship and we are both so happy and strong and independent.

43. Donna says:

Aww. We don’t get to see what Jameson looks like?!

44. Catherine says:

Im really thankful for the great British cup of tea …ooh its a grand thing ❤️❤️

I’m thankful for the laughter, joy and great positive energy I get from the work you and your entire team produce, Matthew!!! You guys make it fun to always be learning, and oh, what a beautiful quality to inspire in others. Cheers!!! P.s. – Dammit, Jameson! Lol…

46. Julie says:

I am thankful for meeting my new boyfriend, I have been treated awfully in the past few years, broke my neck in a car crash which resulted in losing my career, my engagment to my ex, my home everything. It’s literally like somebody has pressed a reset button on my life!!
    However, since investing in my own wellbeing and getting my life back on track, I have met the most wonderful man which i honestly didn’t think I would ever meet. But it’s true, there are some wonderful men out there and I have met one of them!!

47. Anastasia Kefalas says:

I’m thankful for my 3 sons are healthy and safe because I had the courage, strength, determination six years ago this Thanksgiving to leave an abusive marriage and create a safe, loving home for us. I’m thankful that I got to spend three years in what I thought was going to be my last relationship and although my heart was broken badly that I was shown I am lovable and I do leave others with only good thoughts and the problem wasn’t me but his inability to commit. I’m thankful that 2 years latter I still am full of hope and determination that I will find my forever love. Shout out to Will who is thankful for good hair days, are you single? I think you do bald with style and are very charming! Happy thanksgiving to Matt and his crew you guys are awesome.

48. Joanabrown7@gmail.com says:

“I am thankful for” my amazing sons 28y and 26y. They are true gentleman and have such a great attitude with life, work and love…

So many times after speaking with my sons on the phone, I find myself teary eyed from the conversations we had, because once again I realize how truly blessed I am for having them in my life.

You may say that I am just being a mother “tooting my horn” about my amazing sons… However, I have had many people tell me the same things about them and that Matt tells it all…

This is going to be the second Thanksgiving without my husband who passed away after being diagnosed with bone cancer at the age of 52y. My oldest son is married with amazing wife, will be spending Thanksgiving with his wonderful in-laws. I am sure he is grateful for having such a fantastic extended family…

I will be traveling to be with my youngest son who is single and still seeking for his true love…

“I am thankful for” many more things… Having had an amazing 28 years of marriage to my best friend, and although his not on this earth anymore I have all the great memories we had together close to my heart…

“I am thankful for” people like you Matt that help give hope to those who have not dated for a long time (30 years) by posting all the fantastic advice. I know that what ever years I may have left on this planet I will be able to find a loving man to share it with…and I thank you Matt for being part of my quest…

Humbly Thankful JB

49. Julie says:

I am super thankful for this stage in my life where I’m learning to really LIKE myself and be happy where I AM, no matter what the situation.

50. F says:

I might be romantically alone this Thanksgiving, but I’m grateful for it because the last few years of my life have been hell. It was so much worse going through the holidays being with someone and feeling alone than it is to be single. Thank you for your videos, Matthew (and team) they have been very helpful to me on this journey. I have hope again and my expectations have raised.

51. Katarzyna says:

I.m thankfull for hearing voice of Jameson

52. Corine (Cory) says:

I am thankful for the Matthew Hussey team and my Retreat Tribe for the happiness and encouragement they collectively bring with Matt into my days and particularly, Sunday mornings!

53. Amber Breland says:

I am thankful for forgiveness in myself. When I was enlisted in the US Air Force I was raped and sexually assaulted by a fellow airman (or coworker for you normal people). No justice came of my attempt to file against him, which I was advised I would loose. And eventually decided to not go into court because I let other people convince me that it was my fault for being in that situation in the first place. But today I had a dream where the guy who hurt me apologiezed and hugged me warmly where he hurt me, and said “I am sorry I hurt you, you are a kind person.” This helped me come to the conclusion this morning that everyone else was wrong. It wasn’t my fault. And I forgive myself for thinking it was for three years.

54. Emilie says:

Thank you Matt! I’m grateful for seeing the faces of your team again!! Big hugs to you guys!

55. Teri says:

I’m thankful that you reminded me to be thankful. In a sea of bad relationships and bad men. You reminded me there are good ones they just need to be found And you make me feel better with your great voice and great advice Your staff seem amazing too. Happiest of Thanksgiving to you all ! <3. Teri :)

56. asal says:

I am thankful for finding a great guy like you “matthew hussy”

you really changed my life

57. Sara says:

I am thankful to have discovered you who has reminded me that I can and will find my “better half”/ ” love of my life” or whatever we wanna call it taking the right actions and changing my mindset! I am thankful for my wonderful, healthy and loving life! I” I’m thankful cause there’s a lot to be thankful for!!!!

58. Cindy says:

I’m thankful for my family. They always look out for me. Plus I recently adopted a rescue dog :).

• Joanabrown7@gmail.com says:

Congratulations on adopting a rescue dog… Our family adopted our last 2 dogs form the Humane Society and had really great dogs.

Our First adoption was an English-Setter and Collie mix, Ruby was alswyas great with the kids, she lived with us for 17 years.

Our last one lived 19 years and was a chiwawa and dixon mix. He traveled with us everywhere and was always a great companion…
      Best regards,
      JB

59. Gale says:

I’m thankful for you, Matthew Hussey!!!!! I am thankful for all the great advice you have given me. And my awesome life, body, face, hair and personality. I guess, I am thankful for being ME!

60. Brooke Bogacz says:

I’m grateful for my son. He’s the reason I get out of bed every day. I’m also grateful for my job. I get to help people recover, heal, & continue living their lives. I’m grateful for my friends, co-workers & shipmates. I’m too blessed to complain.

61. Melissa says:

I am thankful for my friends and family. We do not always have the opportunity to see each other. However, when we do it is as no time has elapsed. Even with distance, we find time to come together. I love you all. Also, I am thankful that I went to a Matthew Hussey Live event, the lessons I learn constantly and his team. Continue the good work! I am Thankful for chocolate, coffee and cheese. This is self explanatory. Xo :)

62. Maya says:

Will, you are awesome!!! That’s the spirit! Always look at the bright side – and you made me laugh so hard. Thank you! :)
    Hugs and love to all wonderful team!

Maya

63. Heather says:

I lost my brother a month ago to cancer. Seems like finding things to be thankful for right now would be impossible, but there are so many little things every day that bring unexpected joy and thankfulness. I am thankful for my sons and daughters showing me and their family love and leadership through serving them in this difficult time. I am thankful for the care, love and dedication of the hospice nurses. I am thankful to airlines that bent over backwards to get me where I needed to be without taking advantage. I am thankful to friends and co-workers for support. I am thankful to family for unconditional love. I am thankful for my dog for insisting I play ball when I really just want to sit on the couch:) I am thankful for having a glass of wine with my sisters at the beach under the full moon and enjoying the beauty of the world. So much to be thankful for…I wish that for all who are struggling to see the good in life right now.

64. Caroline Rizzi says:

This video could not have come at a much better time than now because just yesterday I was telling my friend how frustated and sad I’ve been lately with not finding the right guy for me. Seeing this video today reminded me to change my mindset and find something positive in every situation and for reminding me to be grateful for the bad men I meet and dated. I know my worth, what I want and deserve. I’m very grateful to have my family and friends in my life. I am also grateful to you, Matthew Hussey for all of your great advice and words of wisdom you give to us. Thank you so much again for posting this video. Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and all of the people who work for you. : )

65. Deanna says:

Very Rough last few months. I just abruptly lost my best friend/ boyfriend of the last four years with no explanation and three weeks later my mom passed away. She was basically the only family I had besides my kids. But I am thankful my mom is no longer suffering and that I have four beautiful children who despite my mistakes or short comings think I am amazing. I am grateful for the Matt hussey programs that keep me from completely throwing in the towel. Someday I hope to be able to go to a retreat. I am grateful for food on my table and a roof over my head. A job that keeps clothes on our backs. I am very grateful to live in beautiful northwestern Montana. And for the Lord who will help me through the storm.

66. implementation says:

cool topic

67. Cara says:

I am grateful for the study abroad experience i had last year and all the ways it has made me a better person today – I’m grateful for the confidence it has given me in every aspect of my life (social, professional, love, etc), for the opportunity to learn Spanish for the first time which I’m absolutely passionate about now (and I can’t say I was passionate about too many things before that), for the friends I made, the places I saw and the good times I had. It was the best thing to ever happen to me.
    Subsequently, I’m actually grateful for my break up with my ex boyfriend, as knowing we were both going abroad was a major factor in why we broke up, and I’m not sure I’d have benefited as much from my experience if I had been holed up in my room on Skype the whole time. Also if we’d stayed together I might not have gone abroad at all seeing as I was so determined to make the relationship work. And even though I always thought we would get back together when we got back home, I now realise how much better off I am without him, and how immature and insecure and egotistical he really is, and if we hadn’t broken up I think it would have taken me a very long time to see that and I would have stayed in a bad relationship much longer than would have been good for me. So long story short I’m grateful that a painful breakup actually lead me to the best thing to ever happen to me, to massive learning experiences and to a huge personal change for the better, and I’m grateful to have the common sense to realise how much better off I am now.
    Happy thanksgiving to all!

68. http://www.howtogettheguy.com/ says:

Im thankfull that Im not thankfull

Heidicruse4@gmail.com

69. Paula Parkman says:

Im thankful for your videos depicting hope in a future relationship!!!

70. Carolyn says:

I’m thankful for all the love in my live from my three sons and my new Little grand baby girl❤️

71. Melissa says:

I’m grateful for:
    Being strong and healthy.
    Having the guys to leave my partner after 20 years.
    Owning my own business.

I’m thankful for all the blessings I have in my life, my family and friends. I am most thankful for the day I discovered who you were Matt. Your programs are empowering me in ways I never dreamed I could be empowered. I am excited for what the future holds.

73. says:

Hi Matt, I am thankful for You and your team. I sort of run to you I think of You as my big brother I lost. He was 28 they got married in white both of them. Then she wanted a divorce. He killed himself. Thats his story. But You make me think He would tell me the things you say. Again Thank You All And God Bless Us All.

74. Lily says:

I am thankful for all the people who i have meet throughout my life time be it a good or bad and of course my family and friends

75. DD says:

Thanksgiving is the (rough) equivalent of Boxing Day. Though Canadians celebrate both… how greedy is that? (!)

That aside: Excellent video, an important message.

76. Calandra says:

I’m thankful for a lot of things, but one is for Matthew providing women the secrets of guys. It’s challenging coming back out and date after being married and with someone for 6 years.

77. Ayu says:

I’m thankful for my partner who supports and believes in me, even when I thought no one could do so after my marriage was over. Almost 1 year on, we’re still going strong!

And I’m thankful that my sons love and treat him like their own dad.

I’m thankful for my divorce, because without it, I would never have known my own self worth.

I’m thankful to have love surrounding me and my loved ones!

78. c says:

Wow Matt, you have a big team working with you! Nice to see them!

I’m grateful that I was picked for the Retreat (thanks Billy!) & went on the Retreat in June 2015. I was 41 then & it was a turning point in my life. I’m living life at a higher level since then. It was great to have taken those 5 & 1/2 days out for myself & it’s something special to look back on, & the memory of it continues to inspire me & I have my inspiring notes from it too!

Ladies, no-one knows how long Matt will continue to do these Retreats. GO ON THE RETREAT (if you can afford it). You won’t regreat it!

79. Monique says:

I totally agree: being grateful for the less-than-ideal-stuff too has helped me a lot in many regards, but love is one of them. There’s this INCREDIBLE guy I’m very much in love with for a while now and I got all the signs he was into me too. We also had some great conversations in which we really connected. We just haven’t been able to get to anything else, because what can go ‘wrong’ has gone wrong between us due to (extreme) shyness, insecurities on both sides when it comes to making moves (he even told me so in a really good conversation we had after I had finally let him know in a letter how I felt about him) and some unfortunate turn of events.

However: every time I get to the point of thinking this is it, it can’t be resolved anymore now and I feel (really) sad about it, I choose to be grateful for what it at least taught me along the way. And for the fact that I always come up with a solution to adress it – coincidently? after I choose to be grateful for the unwanted situation and for what it is brínging – and things have eventually always progressed a lot faster than they normally would have in our case. Actually because of the ‘mistakes’. So they’re really a blessing, while they always seem to be the total opposite.

So I’m very grateful for all of them, also being the only reason I ever found you. Exactly what I needed and you are the reason it will/could ever work out between us since he’s quite a guy ;) and I didn’t really understand those well enough as it turns out. Because of that and what I’ve learned from you so far I probably would have screwed it up somewhere along the way if things hád worked out between us sooner. So THANK YOU Matthew & team, for everything you do and giving me at least a chance at something amazing that would otherwise have been doomed to fail. :D

80. Jenna says:

Hi Matthew and to all of your wonderful team. Just listening to the things that other people are grateful for warms my heart and raises my spirits.
    I’m grateful for every new day I’m blessed with, my family and friends and the fact that I’m filling my life with hobbies and interests that I adore. I used to suffer from very low moods after a difficult time, but every morning and evening I practice gratitude and thankfulness for everything in my life, even the negative experiences that have shaped me into the person I have become today. It makes a huge difference and it’s such a simple ritual but I have to say I spend more time feeling upbeat about my life than feeling negative. You can’t feel down when you’re focusing on the good no matter how small :)

81. jasmina Isaacs says:

Hi Matthew and your crew,

I am thankful to God, carrying me through another year, my son my family and people like all of you!God bless!

Warm Regards
    Jessie(Jasmina)

82. Julie says:

I am so thankful for my strength, which I discovered when my husband left me for another woman…..and I”m thankful for that too because I never would have discovered it.

83. Darlene says:

I am thankful that my 81 year young mother is still here with me.

84. Syd says:

❤️

thankful for figuring out I am my own competition, today and always. Let’s Go!

85. Veronika says:

I am thankful for being rejected yesterday by one guy. I am thankful for him telling me not to talk about my family problems on the first date.. Because I just realised how much I actually want to talk about my family and how much I love my family. Talking about something or someone that is important to me is actually opening my heart and soul and I realised how opened, friendly, social and warm I am. I like the way I talk to men, I am honest and direct and I start to value these qualities. I appreciate my positivity and the fact that I am the smiling girl in any room.
    I am thankful for my sister and my friends and that they are always here for me.:)

I am also really happy, that I’ve started watching your videos on youtube. Thanks to you Matt (and your team:)) I am more confident in conversation with men and I use a lot from your lessons in my life.

And one thing you’ve taught me as well: not being afraid of a rejection.

Veronika from the Czech Republic

86. Maribella says:

I’m thankful to be healthy alive and being able to feel love x

87. Melissa says:

I’m thankful I’m still alive.

88. Feebee says:

We still don’t get to see Jamieson’s face!

89. Dani says:

Hey Matthew, I am grateful for taking up the course I wanted to, for the great people it brought me to and for the fact that I found your channel! Now I look at guys and the relationships in a whole new way and I know I have an expert view on it! :)

I have been asking in my comments for this for some time, but when are you going to make a video for all the single ladies who are just not yet ready for marriage yet and not ready to settle down just yet? Should we actually date anyone at this stage of our lives and with what mindset?

Thank you and have great, great holiday season!

90. Mona Rangar says:

Lovely post guys and very timely for me as I embark on the biggest challenge life has thrown to me (a move to another continent for a very big job) and one which I did not expect! I’m thankful for the most amazing family around me who are helping me with the move and encouraging me every step of the way. For someone so close and admittedly dependent on them it’s time for me to get real and do something big and bold!

91. Janae Rishay says:

Daaaamn Billy you’re looking great ;-)! I am grateful for the bad things that happen because without the bad things you can’t grow or learn from them, and become a better person for sticking through the bad times. I’m grateful for the bad times and things because I wouldn’t be who I am today without it :-D ^_^.

92. Laura Crosby says:

Hey Matthew!

I’m thankful and most grateful that I am single and have a WORLD of choices in front of me (and am going through all of this with my best friend at the same time!). So much to look forward to!!!

93. May says:

Im thankful for everything that God is giving me everyday
    Im thankful for the support and love of my parents
    Im thankful for your lessons and guides

94. Elke says:

I’m deeply thankful for the inspiration and the vibe from family, friends, colleagues, students, everyone I met.and YOU.

95. Catherine says:

Hi guys..
    I’m thankful for my mortgage been paid..
    And for me so I can be positive for all the good things are going to happen to me….

96. SUSAN from San Antonio says:

I’m thankful that I found Matthew Hussey in 2015, attended the San Diego Coronado Bay Resort Retreat, met everyone associated with the organization, and continue to be led and encouraged by Matthew and his work everyday. You saved me.

97. Terri says:

I’m thankful for a job I enjoy, my 2 sons, my health, and the means and ability to travel and see different places in the world.

98. Nico Doniele Scegiel says:

Im thankful for all the growth I’ve experienced and all the bad dates!! As it’s helping me get closer to find someone I AM in alignment with!

99. Mira Sta ana says:

I’m thankful for all the men in my life right now, brothers, sons & ex husband who remains supportive and loving to me.I am also than that I found you Matt and ur videos as your genuine and giving… More power!

100. Mira Sta ana says:

I’m thankful for my brothers, sons and ex husband who remains supportive and loving. And I’m thankful for stumbling on your videos and having you Matt as my guru.. All the best

How To Beat The Jealousy Curse

Do you always compare yourself to other people? Worried about what some other woman has that you don’t? Do you...