YOU Won’t Make These 5 Valentine’s Day Mistakes, Right?

Are you one of those people who dreads Valentine’s Day?

Avoid these 5 traps, and you’ll be on your way to fulfilling love at any time of year…

Leave a comment below… what will you do today to benefit your future or current relationship?

Okay so what are the five mistakes that people make around Valentine’s Day?

The first one is, this is for single people, #1 comparison – Comparing yourself with someone you know who’s already in a relationship. Let’s do a little reality check on this before we go any further. Firstly, half the people you know in relationships aren’t nearly as happy in those relationships as they portray on the outside. You wouldn’t trade for them if you really knew what it was like. A lot of them aren’t gonna be in those relationships by this time next year, so in a way, if you’re out there and open to meeting the right person right now and they’re stuck with the wrong person, you’re actually further ahead than those people.

Second mistake for singles, #2 thinking you can’t do something romantic because you don’t have anyone right now. I put a post on Instagram recently that really resonated with people. It said the most loving thing you can do for your future partner is to work on yourself until you meet them. I believe that the things we do right now to work on ourselves, to grow ourselves, build our skill sets to become more confident, are an act of romance for our future relationship. When we look at Valentine’s this year, this may sound a little strange, but what if you said I can do something romantic for the love of my life this Valentine’s even if I haven’t met them yet. And that romantic thing is gonna be what I do for myself so that when that relationship comes I feel stronger, I feel more passionate, I feel more fulfilled, I feel like I have a bigger more interesting life. I’m gonna give it to me as an act of love and romance for my future partner.

Mistake number three, and this is for those of you in relationships, #3 buying flowers on Valentine’s Day.  You can get your partner flowers pretty much any other day of the year and it will be a romantic gesture because it’s unexpected but on the one day of the year where they’re absolutely expect it,  they score you-know points. And by the way, you may be thinking I’m not going to buy my guy flowers, he wouldn’t want them anyway. It’s a metaphor for anything that’s generic, anything that’s expected on a holiday we have to go outside of that and say what gift is gonna show some kind of special significance and usually the ones that show special significance are the ones where we show we have a unique understanding and appreciation of who our partner is. All you have to do to get there is to ask yourself specific questions like ‘what’s my partner geeky about?’ ‘what movies do they love?’ ‘what books do they love?’ ‘what’s a memory we’ve had together recently?’ ‘what’s some quirk about my partner that not everyone else knows about?’ ‘what’s something they’re into learning right now or in the future?’ When we ask ourselves these questions about our partner we start to stumble upon ideas for gifts that actually connect to who they are and what we know about them. Buying a gift for someone on a day where it’s culturally expected of you, that’s not romantic, that’s fulfilling an obligation, but showing you understand your partner uniquely, that’s romantic.

Mistake #4 all money no message. This is the mistake of spending money to get something nice for somebody but not delivering the emotional impact of a handwritten message with it. Yes, I said handwritten because in this day and age handwriting comes at a premium especially in romance. If you’re not detailing the thought behind the gift why you did it, why this moment in your relationship is unique, or exciting, or magical, you’re missing such a valuable opportunity because you can spend all the money in the world but those words, that’s what really makes the difference. Sometimes spending money can be a symbol of investment in a relationship, but message creates meaning and its meaning that creates true magic in a gift.

Mistake #5 relying on a day like Valentine’s Day to show that you care about somebody. The quality of our relationships is not what we do on a special day, is what we do every day so every day of the year we should be paying attention. Every day of the year we should be looking at what our partner needs from us. Every day of the year we should be figuring out ‘how do I add value to this person’s life if you really want to give someone a special Valentine’s Day gift, make a commitment on Valentine’s Day. Make a commitment to a ritual going forward until next Valentine’s Day that you’re going to do every day. Whether it’s a date night once a week from now ‘til next Valentine’s Day, whether it’s the promise of every day, not even to them but a promise to yourself, of waking up every day and saying ‘what can I do to add value to this person today’. If you make a commitment like that that is the greatest gift you can give you a relationship. Forget what you do on one day and start worrying about what you do every day.

With this in mind, leave me a comment.

If you’re single- write down one thing you’re going to do that will benefit your future relationship.

If you’re in a relationship– what is something you’re gonna do that’s not a gift on Valentine’s but a gift going forward that will benefit your relationship.

Thanks so much I’ll see you next week.

127 Responses to YOU Won’t Make These 5 Valentine’s Day Mistakes, Right?

1. Brenda says:

For my boyfriend last year I wanted to give him a very unique gift he would never forget. ( by the way – he is a total tit man !) I used a 3D scanner to scan my breasts – which are pretty spectacular I might add. I sent the 3D file to Shapeways and had a “my boobs” keychain made in sterling silver. ( about 2″x 3″ final size and was under $100) then I had the back engraved “To Michael from your f___ slave”… :)
    My boyfriend was thrilled – it was one of a kind, did not cost a lot of money. and showed him I went to a lot of effort to have some fun as well as make him happy. He is very proud of his new keychain!

2. Dori Williams says:

My man and I are engaged! He wants to lose a little weight for our wedding, so I am doing daily meal prep of healthy, but still good tasting foods for him. We are doing his diet plan together because we are a team!

3. Marsha says:

I read many of the comments you are receiving, Matthew. A lot of lonely and hurting women out there. It made me realize that finding love can be extremely difficult. I am an older single woman and I thought maybe it was just because of my age that I was having difficulty finding a decent man. Now I know I’m certainly not alone on this quest. I want to try a single seniors cruise this year. I figure even if I don’t find “love” I’ll have a great vacation! Thanks for your wonderful advice.

4. Nicole Benes says:

I am single and I have been putting off pursuing additional education to start my own business. Today, I will apply for a scholarship in the hopes of obtaining some funds to pursue this goal.

I am working on understanding that I have value and worth and how that would look in the right relationship with the right guy. More self confidence and allowing men to come toward me, not me making things happen, but attracting guys that want things to happen and not being afraid to ask me out, guys ready for a relationship.

6. Cheryl Watson says:

Thank you Matthew. You are so Awesome!!!

And so true. I Love it. I love your approach to life and love and the non-BS approach. I was single for 4 1/2 years and felt very much like the single person you refer to.

I am blessed to be in a committed and passionate, loving relationship. Although I never stop working on myself and call myself “a work in progress” My goal is to be a “Bohemian Beach Bum”

Thank you for all you do and the wisdom you choose to share. It is much appreciated. I am grateful for you.

7. Deborah says:

Love this video Matthew. I am single. I think I will begin a Sunday evening ritual of slipping into a nice bubble bath with a facial mask on and a lovely glass of Prosecco with strawberries on the side. Then I will put on my favorite jammies and give my dog, Uli, a relaxing massage.

XOXO
    Deborah

8. louise says:

Love you and love listening to your wise advise Matt! Single (widow) would love to find somebody but every one I meet I have the attitude you can look and enjoy chatting my friend but you cant afford me !!and it goes no further !! Have a bad superiority complex ?? Will treat myself to a session at the Spa !!

9. Grace says:

I’m by myself Matt no one with me the person l thought he’s the one can’t trust him. So l will be with my kids having fun.

10. Yulian says:

Thank you for sounding this advice to us…I love the part when you say “the romantic thing we can do as a single is we prepare ourself to improve ourself so in time we meet our man, we present the best of us for him and everyday we should figure out how to add value to this person”. It feels so right, but ladies don’T forget to promise the same thing for yourself too. And that’s what I’m working on with myself. A lot of thing happened in my previous life that made me loose my confident till the nadir state..but thank God, He make me meet a lot of people directly and indirectly who show me the world in different view. It makes me realize that God never fails, He made each of us just perfectly. All we have to do is just see it better, know ourself better and know what talent He gave us better so we can use to improve ourself, and the most important to love ourself and people around us. Stay away from toxic people, and try to build a new image, learn and see moment in our life like a kid who just learn how to walk. With that state of mind, we’ll run this life with excitement, hope, and optimism. Keep your good work Matt, God Bless

11. Kathy says:

I am speaking to a Life Coach today to consider working with her toward improving myself!

12. Patience says:

i have tried to think of what i could do but w cant go out or take a walk together etc because our relationship ended up being a long distance relationship after he was relocated due to work.would love to make it a special day for him too.what fo i do any suggestions

13. Sherine Gordon says:

I never had a valentine’s, my ex’s don’t believe it those stuffed.

14. Katie says:

I will be hearing from my son’s teachers about how well he’s done at his new school over the last six months – how he has turned it all around – and giving him a huge huge hug

15. SAMANTHA KAVANAGH says:

I WILL MAKE LOVE TO MY BOYFRIEND AND WEAR PRETTY LINGERIE FOR HIM AND MAKE HIM FEEL THAT HE IS THE ONLY MAN IN THE WORLS

16. Eunice says:

very insightful, wl definitely invest in future by working on myself instead of living according to societal pressures and expectations

17. Kat says:

I am going to work on my confidence and happiness for my future partner…..I agree that every day should be romantic not just Valentine’s Day……

18. Nina says:

Give gratitude to myself and my partner.

19. Jennifer says:

Hi Matt, This video rings very very true to me. I will work on centering myself every night through regular meditation in order let go of the internal stresses and worries so as not to let them build up. I will starting today work on my baggage so that I don’t bring that into my future relationship.

20. Gina says:

I am in a new relationship, but still going to fulfill something for myself. I absolutely love flowers and plants. I am going to start buying myself beautiful flowers and plants for myself on a regular basis. My partner does other things to show me he cares such as helping with maintaining and servicing my car, driving my son to work so I have more time to prepare dinner and relax afterwards. Flowers are my thing not his, so there is no problem with me buying myself beautiful flowers and plants that I will enjoy. Thank you so much for your ingenious coaching. Even though I am in a relationship I still benefit immensely from your advice. Many thanks.

21. Crystal says:

For someone that has such wise words toward romance, I don’t see a ring.
    The words you speak resonate with me. Thank you. Happy Valentines Day.

22. Donna francis says:

I will prepared his meals every day

23. Debra Newlan says:

Thank you so so much. I was at a lost end and you just reminded me exactly what l needed to remember. I decided over ten years ago to work on myself and be the best person l could be for future relationships it didn’t stop me from choosing the wrong person but something l am very proud of even when guys in my life don’t see what l have achieved ❤️

24. Brenda Hernani says:

Hi Matthew question
    How can I said to my man happy valentines day sexy way fall in love even more with me

25. Sylvia says:

Learn to accept complements on my achievements and know that I am doing a good job

26. Gordan Dyla says:

I would be pissed if didn’t get flowers on Valentines Day. Why? Because if you TRULY knew me, you’d know I LOVE FLOWERS! So your rule 3 is inaccurate. It should say: Buy something that means something to your partner.

I have NEVER received flowers on Valentines Day from a guy. Why? Because they listened to posts/videos like these. They only see the words: Don’t Buy flowers. And they stop listening at that point. They missed the whole point of get something your partner loves/really wants.

Years ago, I started buying myself flowers every Valentines Day and put a note saying “From” Your secret admirer” (or something fun) . It drove all my high school friends, and college friends, and work friends crazy. I may not have had a guy who did this for me, but I made sure I did this for myself–why? because I love myself so much I make sure I have flowers every Valentines Day (and Birthday). I have been doing this for 20 years now–and I’ll never stop. (Unless of course the Right Guy figures this out and starts buying me flowers on those dates)

27. Soph says:

Do everything I can to meet you ;)

28. Jennifer Thoma says:

I HATE Valentine’s Day for the very reasons Matthew stated. SO…I sent my partner a list of questions we can pick from to have an intriguing conversation in lieu of spending money on something silly. We won’t see each other on actual VDay, but will serve others at a dinner on that weekend.<3

29. Dora says:

I will practice on my piano :)

30. Alexis Bradford says:

I am going to give myself self love for my future partner!

31. Daniela DeCaro says:

Taking me out on romantic dinner !

32. Roxy C. says:

I am currently single, after a 6 months relationship with someone who never care or appreciated me that much, and I always “whatever’d when I should have hellno’ed”.
    I am realizing I often get into relationships where I am offered less than I need for neediness and for believing I don’t really deserving to be really loved. Which I do, just like everyone else.
    As a positive point, I am very outgoing and talkative and truly independent. If I wanna go have a meal somewhere nice or watch a movie, I go by myself very comfortably.
    So if I am always giving myself nice stuff, and good experiences, why am I allowing men who don’t offer me those things to waste my time and my effort, while they don’t give a rat’s ass about me nor value my time nor presence in their lives?
    This realization is my big gift for valentine’s day.
    Besides that, I am organizing a nice dinner out for a large group of women so we going to have fun.

33. Hailey says:

Thanks Matt, I really needed to hear that. Before watching this I was trying to remind myself that since im single I should focus on all the other loving relationships in my life like friends, family, co workers and pets. So the thing I did for myself was reached out to some girls that I want to progress in my friendship with and made plans to hang out with them this month. Social support is important and I want to be more independent and confident now and for my future partner.

34. vera says:

I am single and I wasn’t even aware that valentines day was coming up And I guess my non-single best friend wasn`t aware either because
    we will be in the midst of our yearly snowboard vacation hopefully enjoying some really nice powder snow
    Anyway, thanks for another great video – they are always so full of truth =.)

35. Des says:

I’ll draw him his favorite symbol on paper as it gets completed until Feb. 13. Will show it on installment as a work in progress.

Last year, he gifted me a sketch of flowers he grew.

Well , you’re absolute right . Valentines isn’t about buying gifts or flowers . I’m on s relationship right now . I don’t Exocet my boyfriend to send me anything on Valentine’s Day . We’re on s long distance relationship. Whey I would go I will call instead of texting & I’ll send him a personal hand written message . On my end I don’t expect him to buy me anything. He makes an effort to drive 4 hours to see me . For me that’s a very good gift .
    Thank you Mathew for all your advice !
    Xoxo
    Maris

37. Shaun says:

Amazing insight….I completely agree and love the ritual idea…actually posted that for my New Years post…forget resolutions and start rituals:)

38. Heather says:

Valentine’s has never been a day that I looked forward to. I suppose as kids it was fun, little gifts from friends at school and my mom always had a heart box with chocolate that she would give us with some silly note.
    But once I grew up and found myself married, valentines was just something else to fight about. My husband hated the ideas of holidays that are made just as a ploy for marketing and making money so he stubbornly refused to take part in it.
    Honestly, I wouldn’t have minded that one bit, IF… If he had taken your advice on #5. It was something we talked about extensively at times, how those “significant” days wouldn’t be so overwhelming if we did things to show love on a regular basis. A beautiful flower plant for no reason, a small gift that I saw while grocery shopping and just had to get it because it reminded me of that time ——blah blah… etc. I went through things that didn’t cost money to counter that excuse, things that involved time with each other, but he was far too busy, things that could be done in the craziness of life, to lift each other up. Once I put this huge peace of paper on the wall in the bedroom because it seemed like we were stuck focusing on negativity. Everyday for a month I wrote something on there that I loved specifically about him, and I told him the other half of the paper was his side to write on if he wanted to try this little project with me. At the end of the month, I had filled his side and he never picked up the pen once. Later that weekend he started a huge fight and ripped the paper down into pieces, threw it in my face and told me I was so selfish for trying to make him feel guilty and he shouldn’t need to write a list of anything because I should already know how much he loves me and no stupid holiday, activity, or new idea would ever change his mind about anything.

Fast forward a few years later, after the divorce, and I “celebrated” valentines by having to say goodbye to the most unconditional love I’ve ever known; My 15year old dog, Atenea, who we had rescued thirteeen years before, a few months into our marriage, and who was the most important reason that I survived all the things people don’t know about my “happy marriage”, she was the reason I made my self strong enough to leave, honest with myself about his many forms of abusiveness, stubborn enough to stop believing his lies… she was the giver of the most unconditional love that I spent Valentines with and we had tons of fun on the beach eating ice cream and snacks and enjoying a stress free day. She saved my life and saying goodbye to her last year was something words alone can not describe.

So I will be spending this Valentine’s Day watching all the happy couples and probably making up sarcastic stories in my head and trying not to cry at every table I take care of in the restaurant I’ll be working at, wishing with every fiber of my being that I could celebrate with my sweet girl as soon as I get home instead of having to deal with the fact that I’ve somehow made it through a whole year without her.

Valentine’s Day isn’t the problem. The loss of love, the twisted versions of love, the scraps of love, the showy shallow love… really, that’s the problem.

I’m single everyday so being single on a holiday is exactly the same. The only thing is it brings to the surface the feelings that getting lost in daily life can help you to repress.

This Valentines I will continue to miss my girl, I’m not the same without her…. but I will also pour love into Ghost, a dog I am fostering who has spent his first 4 years of life abandoned or stuck with people who don’t know or care what love means. I’m going to show him what it really looks and feels like.

39. Kelly says:

To benefit myself and future relationships: I’m going to learn to embrace being single and stop comparing my life to my friends who are in relationships. I intend to make my love life a priority this year and stop letting bad experiences via online dating put me off. Here’s to more dating and more fun in 2019!! xxx

40. ambrose priscilla says:

I wish I could do the one thing that would change our lives to the better ( as we are in a long distance relationship since many years…).
    The one thing for me to do is quite difficult & it would be to leave my current situation & to fly to him definitively to his country which is very tough for me to drop everything behind.
    I guess this would be the one thing I could do & which will benefit our relation.

41. Erin Fannin says:

I am single and in Valentine’s day I have an aerial yoga class and I will take a nice hot relaxing bubble bath. :) Relaxation day for myself.

To benefit myself and my future relationship, I am going to learn to be more loving and accepting and open to love and stop being so cynical and scared of being hurt. I am going to love myself and get to know myself better.

43. Sylvia Twerd says:

I will learn to let go of expectations and appreciate the fact that just being in my partners presence is the best gift I can ask for. Appreciate the moment I am in and make the best of it!

44. Thea says:

quit smoking

45. Tina Griffith says:

I’ve been collecting dark green beach rocks every time I go to the beach for his rock garden. Small ones that he said he wanted to put in a certain area. He mentioned it a while ago but hasn’t gotten any himself.

46. Thelma says:

Help me plan for it m in a distant relationship n that day both will be working..

47. Marjorie says:

I really relate with what you said about improving one’s self for future relationships. And that’s an everyday job . I’ve been doing and will keep doing so.

48. Sara says:

That was the most powerful video I’ve ever seen about valentine day

I am single but I’m going to take more risk to meet and date guys!

49. Amanda says:

Hi Matt!
    Valentine’s Day is actually my favorite holiday—I always do something special for my family and friends (and a partner if I have one). But I don’t always remember to do something for myself! So I think I’m going to take myself out to breakfast, read a good book and maybe get myself an orchid or something beautiful to put in my home to remind myself to share some of the love with me! Love is not reserved for romantic partners; it should be expressed to anyone that we have a connection with, and our connection to ourselves should always be a priority. Thanks for the reminder!

50. Lisa Bretz says:

That definitely made sense. I’m going to continue working on myself….going to 12 step meetings, praying & working with others.

51. Melissa says:

Build a solid and sincere friendship with my date, that’s what am gonna do with my current relationship.

52. monika says:

brilliant as always
    i agree 100%
    As a single person who despises all the bullshit commercialism dedicated to the day of “love” if a guy shows up w flowers n chocolate Id vomit

I keep doing what I always do, work on myself so I can better understand my responses in situations where I was more “reactive” in previous relationships as a result of the past
    cheers and thanks for the work you do Matthew.

53. Ameejo says:

Matthew you are so right :) … When I was single just to make my day and to make me smile I would go out and buy myself flowers. I figured no one else was going to buy them for me and hey I like flowers… they make me smile and that is the whole point … when you smile your whole attitude changes and every time you think about it or look at them you smile… Now that I have a boyfriend I like sending by mail to my love a hand written letter… right now I write about things he doesn’t know about me and things that someday I would love to go do and tell him how much I enjoyed the last time we were able to be together… I think it is very important to do things like that for our love.

54. Kat says:

I’m going to start putting me first and getting me where I want to be physically in better shape

55. Marive says:

I am in a long distance relationship but for both of us everyday is a Valentine’s day no material things as a gift only heart to heart connection.Thank you for this video..

56. Teresa Pierce says:

Spend more time on me. This Valentine’s Day, I’m spending time with my Mom.

57. Jacqueline says:

I am single and I love this holiday despite not having had a significant other to share it with. I will buy me some bubbly – champagne, draw up a nice bubble bath with epsom salt and love myself!

The right man will be presented at the right time – not a minute earlier or a minute later. Until then………cheers to lovable me!

58. Sheila says:

My partner has a 10 year old boy and is a great Dad and not his style to have pictures of him and his son. I’m going to print a canvas picture of him and his son that he can place on his desk.

59. Teresa McIntyre says:

Love your advice, no BS and I could listen to you for hours! I had been seeing a guy for about a month, and was planning on giving him bacon and cheesecake for V day(his favorites) sadly he dumped me. So, think I’ll do some yoga on Valentine’s Day as a gift to myself.

60. Libby Stobie says:

What if you’re not actually in a relationship but seeing each other but you want him to know how special he is. Would definitely hand write to him but I don’t want to freak him out

61. christina says:

I’m single so I’m going to watch a romantically inspiring movie like ‘Hitch” to remind myself of the partner and relationship I want and deserve and help manifest that in my future relationship❤️

62. Pranjal mudholkar says:

Thanks Matt for the video.
    I am going to get some comfy stuff to decorate my home.

63. lindy says:

i dont even know what valentine means,but i know how heartbreaks feels like.
    valentines is for a few who got lucky with love.
    thanks

64. Alex says:

You’re like fine wine

65. Hasmie says:

Am recently single so am going to take myself out, after that get myself some romantic novels that I love so much

66. Els says:

Last year i bought myself 4 Valentin cards and wrote empowering Words to myself. If i feel down, i sometimes get them to remind myself eg that i don t need permission to happy. Also a bouqet (?) of rosés and gift from a kamasutra website haha. I liked the idee of giving me what would want from a partner. Execept from the intimacy i can give myself just that and that feels great!
    Last years gifts still function perfectly ;-) so this year i arranged a “break through session” with a colour coach. What do my favorite coulours of my past tell me and which colour will help me to follow through regarding my World tour (for now solo but if the right Guy comes along he s very welcome).

67. Miss P says:

Quit cursing all the time. So unsophisticated and, well, low.

68. Catriona Hegarty says:

Ok Matt I hear ya!

I think my head is so fecked now with watching your videos . (Which are great by the way). I do appreciate them and learning all the time.
    I am up on my moral high ground all the fecking time when It comes to men and relationships.
    As for Valentine’s day it’s a day I don’t really care about anymore.
    I never ever got a card or flowers and I always felt really sorry for myself. Not anymore.

Now I go out and enjoy my night.

Matt here is a suggestion for next Sunday Subject cynicism and why we are,well I am like it. Seriously
    please talk about it.

Thanks from the Cynical Irish Woman. Who still loves your stuff!!

69. Jenn says:

I am single at the moment. I will take myself out on Valentine’s day, because this will be part of taking care of myself, getting ME ready to meet my “Mr Right”

70. Katrine says:

As the always single I will though work travelling take time out to pamper myself with training and healthy good food and hence take good care off myself until I meet someone who will make me want to get into a relationship. As by now I would rather be single and happy than miserable in a relationship.

71. Verlean Beasley says:

I am going to put 50.00 away for a movie night and when just the right night come around I’m going to the movies. I’m single

72. Simone says:

Hi Matt, thank you for your videos.
    I commit to be my best friend. Accepting that I feel whatever I feel, give me time and space to express it, give myself love and understanding, be loving, clear, consequent and true to myself and others, remind me of the many things I Iove about myself and my life and chose to live the life I want to live.

73. Jennifer says:

You are the BEST!!! I’m recently single – my heart was just broken and yes! I will do something fabulous for me as I now start the journey on working on becoming my best self.

74. Veronica Ezrre says:

Thank you so much for this video and the blessings of your life to help others, being present in all the possible ways that´s what I will do, share everything that you love and cares for, that´s the way that you can say I love you every single day…thank you…God bless you always

75. Akpan, Glory says:

I’ll ask my partner what to do to make him more happier in our relationship.

76. Carol says:

You…are…amazing! Thank you :)

77. Tammy S Schrader-Gaede says:

How about praying for the mate daily or writing romantic letters every day. Wooing the woman.

Men do not today know what this even means!!

Teach a course of how to woo and how to woo back!

78. Melinda says:

haha, Matthew.
    You know, it is funny. I just got off the phone with my bestie when I opened your email. I had just told her that what I am going to do while I am looking for Mister Right For Me, is to learn about how to be a good date, how to talk to guys, how to feel in love (as much as one can after being single for 10 years)
    And not feel sad about not having Mr. Right For Me on the 14th.
    So that one hit a home run with me! That is exactly what I have been doing these past few days, and I am loving that your message today confirmed that what I am doing is the right thing! :)

79. Aixa says:

Mr Mathew Hussein . Love the video. Thank so much for the help on this subject. YOU HAVE NO IDEA how hard it is for A V I P visually impaired person trying to find someone whether it be online or even in person let me tell you very difficult . Especially on Valentines Day. The one thingI’m going to comment myself is to stay true to my goles when it comes to finding the perfect Guy till next year . And if that doesn’t happen I Break anyway even if it on my own .

80. Mihaela says:

Beautiful message :) Thank you, Matt!!!

81. Deannara Goode says:

I’m technically single so I’m thinking about starting yoga so I can be healthier and more centred as a person. But in saying that I going to be baking some homemade cookies for this guy ;) We used to date and there’s this quote from a video game that says “Real badasses eat chocolate chip cookies” and I think if I write that with the cookies he’ll really like them :)

82. Christine says:

Love this so much Matthew!!!!! I am going to do all my favorite things on the 14th like everyday! I need to surround myself with the energy of being loved not “I am single on Valentine’s Day”…

83. d says:

I will take concentrated effort & action to stop bad things from happening to me. I want to stop being an attraction for bad men, bad people. I want to be strong, take back control of my life, to do something to protect myself from crisis that happen to me on a regular basis. Other than to die I must find a way to feel safe in this world day to day. Happy Valentine’s Day!

84. Mellanie Ali says:

I agree with you Matt, on ,#3 which we need to show love most of the time or do something not only on Valentine’s day.

Im divorved ,and not in a relationship, actually its because i did not find an honest guy so far…so what I can do is to prepare myself to continuously learn about guys which i know n hope you will guide me without leaving any important tips…. ;)

85. Jan says:

Make that person I care for feel appreciated and
    Let him know regularly how much I value him in my life. Do “little things” to make his life a bit better!

86. Kristen says:

My single girlfriends and I have dubbed Valentine’s Day as “GALentine’s” Day! We get all dolled up and go out for cocktails and dinner and have so much fun. It really is a way of celebrating eachother and feeling good about ourselves. What’s better than enjoying every second of life?

87. Joann says:

I am single and in my 50’s so I will be at home with family..It would be nice to go and meet someone

88. ngayiyo sharon says:

We just met 3 months ago, and not so sure yet of what he thinks, but this valentines I’m gonna pay attention to my own self

89. Jenny mondello says:

Be more open minded to do things I normally wouldn’t. Stop living on such a rigid schedule every day. Make time for having fun with me!

90. Debby says:

I’m going to learn how to skate backwards. I’m a really good forwards skater, but I dropped the ball and never learned how to backwards skate. So I can’t do that amazing couples skate… you know the one… where you’re face to face and super close. I can only do the holding hands couples skate. It’s just not as cool. Am I right? That is one thing that could bring a lot to the table for my future love. I’m sure of it. And that’s just ONE of my self-improvement goals! I got lots more where that came from.

91. Anna-mirrie says:

Gonna take care of my self by doing a facial every secons month or so. Facials are expensive but its nice.

92. Agnes Adangle says:

Hi,

As I’m single I would be concentrating on myself specially my health coz m suffering from thyroid n putting on weight.. So I will make sure I’ll make myself fit to do any romance or to spend quality time with my future partner.

93. Stephanie says:

Hi mattew
    Pls can i have ur phone number so we can talk more

94. Jan says:

This was one of your best!
    I’m going to take the TIME to increase my exercise, make healthy choices and learn something new everyday as a gift to myself. I’m going to record each day and see how it changed my life in a year.

95. Julie says:

Remembering to value your guy friend ….every day…Me & my guy are great friends right now…not in any rush…he came out of 2 relationships…a 17 year marriage…then a “rebound relationship for 5 years”…he knows he needs to spend some time alone to get his shit together…& I know it too! We are both on the same page. He doesn’t even want to get serious..(sleep together with anyone)..& he really wants to get to know someone for at least a year….before he would even consider living with someone again. (He still has a 23 year old son living with him..the son is thinking about moving out…& he hopes his son will..but his son is wishy-washy right now…and doesn’t realize he might not have the funds to even move out?? & is thinking about going back to school?? So indecisive about his life…& it is affecting my guy friend too….has him frustrated to no end…Yikes!) He doesn’t want to get in another relationship that is going to fail miserably. I was in a 25 year marriage…& I have been happily divorced for 10 years now. Not in any hurry to sleep with anyone. I’m very “old school”..and I believe in only sleeping with someone in a monogamous committed relationship. Just the way I feel & those are my standards. Everyone needs to follow whatever “floats their boat”…not judging anyone else for their decisions & the way they want to conduct their lives. Only concerned about myself…Love the topic this weekend. Every day should be Valentine’s Day…:)

96. Jeanetta Jansen van Vuuren says:

I am currently 6 months single and still not over him. Still a lot of crying and counseling. So for this Valentne day I would try not to shed tears over him.

97. Tatania Alba says:

I’m going to dress up and take myself out to dinner I’m single and I’m taking care of myself by dressing better and I’m getting myself flowers why not

98. Michelle M says:

Hi Matt!
    Love hearing from you on Sunday mornings! Thanks!
    I am single. I am going to clear out the clutter in my house to prepare myself for my next relationship! It’s not super bad right now, but something that could be improved for sure. Thank you for this post. It can be such a bummer to face another V-day single, but i’d rather be single than in a relationship that does not bring me (or us) joy.
    ❤️,
    Michelle

99. Bebo says:

My boyfriend spends most of his job time driving in gis car. So, I’m thinking of getting him a key medal with his name so he remembers me each time he looks at it. Do you think it is a good idea?

100. Julie says:

Awesome advice Matthew! Hugs! ;)

#1 Easy Move to Make Him Chase You (Risk-Free Flirting Tip!)

If you’re tired of endlessly swiping on Tinder and not being able to speak to that cute guy at the...