Book Club Call #6: Daring Greatly – Brené Brown
Discussing Brené Brown’s Daring Greatly – a book on vulnerability, compassion, and what it means to be courageous – we got into a wide range of topics:
– How to be kinder to yourself and have more constructive self-talk
– A distinction to avoid identifying with failure so that you’re more resilient against mistakes
– The importance of putting yourself in the way of discomfort
– 3 defences that can hold you back from enjoying your life to the full (and how to get rid of them)
– The lonely road of masculinity and some of the struggles men face
– How to hold courage as a standard
If you want to put a stop to the “gremlins” of negative self talk, you’re going to get a lot out of the recording.
We’d love your feedback! Be sure to write to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what would be worth doing even if you failed.