Rock Star Social Media Manager
Are you a killer social media manager with experience increasing engagement on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Do you live on social media 24/7 and wouldn’t dream of being out of touch for more than a few hours? Are you primarily a people organizer, with the ability to plan a schedule and get others to stick to your timeline? Would you be psyched to manage a social media community of smart, successful women seeking dating, relationship, and confidence advice?
Well, you might be the rock star social media manager we’re looking for.
This is a critical role on our team that requires a super organized, independent self-starter. We need you to not be shy about keeping others — even our CEO — to a schedule. If you need a lot of hand holding, you won’t be a great fit for this role.
The qualities we’re looking for include:
– One to three years of social media management experience (bonus points if it’s for a media personality)
– Unparalleled organizational skills and ability to organize others
– Confidence, but no ego
– Ability to keep others on schedule, no fear in your project management skillset
– High digital availability and willingness to grow with us; we’re looking for someone who wants to be full-time almost immediately
– Passion for and devotion to the work we do and our community
– Prior experience as a freelancer preferred
– Basic design skills are also a plus, but not required (you will be liaising with a designer)
– Organizing content and scheduling daily posts and tweets
– Planning content schedule
– Communicating regularly with the Content Director on the current strategy for social media
– Managing the relationship with our designer to get posts designed on time
– Managing our CEO, Content Director, and video team to get what you need from them on time
– Caring oversight of our social media communities and the individual ladies that participate in them, which includes responding to queries about our programs and/or managing or helping to manage a team to do so
– Willingness to speak up with ideas but take final direction from CEO where necessary
– Developing a trusting relationship with the content team so they can be more hands-off in future
Why Join Us?
You’ll work remotely with a lot of flexibility. We are 100% remote, with team members based in LA, NY, the UK, Eastern Europe, Asia, and South America. We don’t care where you work from as long as you deliver results.
Make an impact – help women level-up in their relationships, self-esteem, and happiness.
Be part of a positive, upbeat team that deals with each other with respect and gratitude.
This position starts as part-time freelance for 25 hours per week, but we are looking for someone who wants to be full time and expect the hours to grow to 35–40 per week rapidly. You should be available to work flexible hours, with consistent availability for team video calls between the hours of 11 AM – 3 PM Eastern.
How to Apply
To be considered, please write a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as to why you’d be a good fit in the body of your email. DO NOT send a CV or other attachments (if you attach ANYTHING to it, your application will automatically not be read). We prioritize culture fit, attention to detail, and clear, professional-level writing when selecting candidates.
You’ll be interviewing with our Customer Experience Director, Rachael Mare. Her favorite color is blue, so she’d be pleased if you put that word somewhere in your subject line when sending your letter.
Cheers & looking forward to meeting you!