Bow-Tie On Or Off? Caption Contest, Cover Revealed, Homemade Video…

I came back to London a few days ago and did a big signing event (which was a little crazy!). We had over 250 women there, and queues out of the door for signings, pictures, and even a few kisses (see the video below!).

The event was a huge success, and thank you to everyone who was able to make it!

My team and I had a blast, and we put a few bits of footage together for you to get a taster of what went on…

I’m now spending my week in and out of TV, radio and newspaper interviews in and around London. Very shorly I’m going to be flying back to Los Angeles however, because United States – you are next!

Caption Contest

This contest is now over. Thank you to everyone who entered! The winning caption was from Amanda.

The Get The Guy book is going to be available for everyone in the US & Canada very soon. To coincide with the NBC show Ready For Love the date to put in your diary for the release is Tuesday April 9th.

As a teaser, I want to reveal a rough version of the cover…

As you’ll see, it’s a little bit playful, and while I never intended to be on the cover, my publishers had the last word!

In celebration, I want to have a caption contest.

I want to hear what you think is going on in this picture, for you to write your caption in the comments below, and the best (decided by my team) is going to get two free tickets to the Get The Guy Live Tour.

On that note, I’m going to be announcing locations beyond Los Angeles for the tour very shortly. These are going to be released in the next few days which will be your chance to sign up and get tickets.

That’s it for today.

Write your caption below, I hope you win, and I’ll see you later this week for more videos!

258 Responses to Bow-Tie On Or Off? Caption Contest, Cover Revealed, Homemade Video…

1. Carol says:

Finally its here!
    Learn How It All Ties Together Through The Male Mind AND Tie Him Down!

2. Kavisha A says:

I think the cover should be simple yet captivating. Since the show is more intended for women than men and women love a little teasing and the idea of figuring out what this book means for them. the title of the book should be simple…something like:
    Ready for the love you deserve? or He’s dressed up and ready for you…are you? or Keeping it simple yet classy: the perfect man or Ready..set…fall in love or What are you waiting for? He’s out there

3. Luisa says:

“Bowties are cool!”

4. Erin Michelle says:

How to tie Mr. Right into your life
    Or
    Tying your guy to your life
    or
    Tying his mind to your love life

5. Nishalini Sookun says:

Caption: Life is not a dress rehearsal… Brace yourself/s & live in the moment

6. Anita says:

How about this~~

Brainy is the new sexy.
    Using your smarts to understand men’s hearts

7. LA says:

Looks like YOU are getting ready for love

Or

Ready to tie the knot?

Congrats on your book release & fabulously growing North American audience!

8. Rani says:

“A bow and tie away from getting your guy”

” Be high value to find that high value guy”

Excited for your book:)

Best,
    Rani

9. Cristina says:

Ladies watch out here comes your man! Or
    Watch out ladies, your man is on his way!

Nice cover by the way, like the pink background. Real men wear pink!

10. Mary Barrett says:

The caption should say : “Tie the love life you want: The guidelines of attracting your Mr. Right”

11. marianna pinzon says:

every guy need THAT girl, she is the one that dress him up (last details: organizing the bow)
    Nails should be another color ;)

12. Zeina says:

I’ll keep it simple.

Getting your guy is as easy as tying a bow tie.

13. Fernanda Barros says:

My mom suggests ‘available’ or ‘desperate lonely and available ‘ lol

14. Fernanda Barros says:

Ahh my previous comment didn’t post- here goes again ” over his head and head over heels” play with that. congratulations that’s pretty awesome to you at the team!!

15. Denise says:

Based on your expression and the hands on the bowtie I’d go with: Men don’t stand a chance.

16. Fernanda Barros says:

‘ Over His Head and Head Over Heels’.???

Your so funny Matthew you look like a deer in the headlights about to get decapitated hehehe I love it!!(not the decapitated bit;)) Well done and CONGRATULATIONS!!!well done:))) Fernanda

17. Trudie says:

‘From tying him up in knots to tying the knot, here’s how to Get the Guy:’

Congratulations on all your success Matt, its well deserved!

18. Faizah says:

Caption: “Be The Woman To Get The Man”

Congrats Matt! I hope your book will be published online or in Saudi Arabia. I’m so thrilled to read it.

Good Luck in everything!! :)
    Love,
    Faizah

19. Simona says:

The cover is a bit cheesy but I think American clients will like it.
    The bow should be slightly untied.

20. Alicia says:

Get the Guy!
    ladies get ready to be revealed the secrets of how to find your prince charming, pull him in, and make him never let go.

or

the guy with the answers to how men think and act based on your moves

or

the man who knows where and how to find and keep your soulmate (til death do you part) (that last part is just an option)

21. Melody x says:

Caption: “Untie his mind, and he will tie you into his heart”

So excited on your new book Matt – You must be thrilled – Congrats!

22. Jessica says:

I’ve got a couple of options:
    1) Untie His Heart
    Optional cheeky sub-line – ‘Find Your Own <3<3 7' (I couldn't get a heart symbol to work for the 0's in 007)
    2) License to Love
    Optional sub-line A – Tips & Trick to Untie His Heart
    Optional sub-line B – All's Fair in Love & War
    Optional sub-line C – Take No Prisoners & Win His Heart

23. Beverley says:

i think short and simple is the way to get attention so here goes……..”read my book and get YOUR guy”.

24. celeste says:

Wait I got a probably better one than what I put! Ok-
    “Make him want to bow-down and get tied to you. “Bow-Tie” Master, Matthew Hussey tells it like it is!” Get it?? Bow, as in bowing down and Tie to get him tied to said lady and you’re the Master of getting the guy so it’s like play on words so I’m hoping. Yeh yeh? It’s not even about the tickets anymore. Just hopin’ you’ll like my ideas haha!

25. Katie B says:

I’m a big fan of your work, but my first thought of a caption was: “Did I suck in enough or is my ‘I’ve spent 6 months in America’ muffin top still showing?”

I wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be a tagline about the book or what you are thinking in the photo. haha

Honestly though, you are super fit and DARLING, but I think the bottom of this photo looks kinda strange. It’s like you have a spare tire and you so do not (at least from what we can tell with your tailored shirts in the videos)! Can you have them cut it off before the weird shirt-tucked-in-suspenders-which-causes-a-male-muffin-top?

Love the pink background and glad you are on the cover…who you are is the best thing about your book.

26. Theresa says:

Ladies of the USA, brace yourselves for the English gent who’ll help you secure your beau!

• Theresa says:

PS a comment on the cover…I realise you’re going for a different image for the Norh American market, and while I like the cheeky image that also conveys some Englishness, I’m not sure that your name is written in an entirely appropriate place! Just saying… :-)

27. Jasmin P. says:

“A guide to getting the Mr. Right you really want”

“The right formula to authentically getting the guy you really want”

“The/An authentic formula to getting & keeping your Mr. Right!”

“The/An authentic recipe to getting & keeping your Mr. Right!”

“Wearing the pants without your Mr. Right knowing”

“Calling the shots without Mr. Right knowing”

“Calling relationship shots on Mr. Right without him knowing”

“Fishing for Mr. Right the right way”

“How to hook your Mr. Right without him knowing”

28. Sarah says:

Sorry Matthew- (predictive text!) I meant….
    YOUR success!! X

29. Sarah says:

‘Get your hands on Matt’s Tips, Tools and Tactics. It’s your love life- make it happen!’

Hey Matt,

Congratulations again for our amazing, well- deserved success!

I can’t thank you enough for the help you’ve given me so far. Your book and you are AMAZING!!

Sarah xx

30. Leah says:

Here another one!

HE’S SNAZZY, HE’S FLASHY, HE’S DASHING, HE’S MINE!
    [HOW TO GET THE GUY] READ AND BE DELICIOUSLY INDULGED

31. Katherine says:

As Matthew says, “Give a guy ten women and he’ll play; give a woman ten guys and she’ll choose.” Find out how today!

32. Katherine says:

Sick of feeling knotted up? Untie that dickie bow now! Matthew Hussey shows you how.

33. Leah says:

Here another

Tangle in knots? Have no fear GET THE GUY! is here to steer you in the right path to happiness

34. Paola González Jareda says:

From the first time I stumbled upon one of your videos I knew I have to be in one of your live events!! So here it goes… I have 2 so far:
    “There are many unsolved mysteries in this world….don’t let getting the right guy be one of them!”
    Or more straightforward: “The rite of passage to the love life you deserve.”

XoXo from Mexico!

35. Yvette says:

Unravel his secrets and Untangle your love life

36. Leah says:

This picture saying to me!

SNAG THE GUY BY GETTING THE TECHNIQUES TO TIE THE KNOT!

I Love your views and thoughts on helping others with there relation & single life’s your so dear to me :-) Congratulations Matthew <3

UNTIE YOUR WAY TO MR.RIGHT AND ENJOY THE RIDE!
    UNTIE YOUR WAY TO MR.RIGHT – POWER IS IN YOUR HANDS!

P.S.CONGRATULATIONS MATT :)

38. celeste says:

“Either tied around his neck or tied around your little finger, Matthew Hussey will show you how to GET THE GUY!”

39. Raha says:

If the title was get THIS guy with your picture on it i would jump and grab in a second… Lol its nice.

40. Britt says:

My first thought was the pink panda. The ladies now have tamed the wild Panda (Matt) and is preparing it to come out to the audience (us the woman) and show how things has to be done. The ordinary Panda, because everybody like it and respect it – and it is an rarely sight. The Pink Panda from the old movie ( I have only seen it as I was very young, so don’t get me wrong) but as I remember the Pink Panda it smart, cleaver and has the thing, which can get people to do something they never dreamed of doing. (like Matt can)
    Also the colors say a lot: The pink color stands for unconditional love and understanding and is associated with the giving and receiving care. Since pink is a combination of red and white, the red color there means the need for action, and the white, which gives pink, lead us to success and insight. Passion and power of the color red, softened with the purity and transparency of the white color that complements the color pink. The deeper the pink color, the more passion and energy radiates it.
    In addition to this, pink is known to be a sign of hope. That in particular is the big issue in the case – perfect timing. It all about us girls getting the hope back.

41. Fiona Flynn says:

“The magical insight of men’s minds”
    “Learn the gift of getting that guy”

42. Tatyana says:

“Creating the guy YOU want”

Be Irresistible to Guys… Let me Matthew Hussey give you the tips and guidance to ‘Get the Guy’ of your dreams!

***

Brace Yourself and Let me Help you Tie the Knot!

***

Change the Rules you followed, to being proactive now, roll play, have fun, be playful, be irresistible to every guy you meet.

***

Find out how to drop your handkerchief to Get the Guy!

***

Follow my advice, get proactive, Get The Guy!

***

And on that note, i never win anything so i am just adding humour to the list, I am half way through the book Matt, and its Amazing! I have already used the “drop the handkerchief” and it worked in getting my car fixed three times on three different occasions, first i needed wheel trims put on, then a tyre needed changing, then the petrol cap broke.

Ladies in the USA you need this book, you know those “RULES” we got told about from our older sisters, forget them they really do not work, buy this book, it will make you smile, laugh, and you will say, really?

Good Luck XX

44. Louise says:

Based on something you say in your book: “I can’t stand to be around an English guy in a bowtie. We’d better get it off you immediately.” ;0)

45. AISH says:

‘READ THE BOOK AND YOU’LL HAVE THIS GUY STUFF ALL TIED UP’

46. Emma says:

Get your hands on one of these and you’ll become the woman of his dreams.

47. Catherine Duncan says:

Matthew says :
    ” If you still don’t ‘get the guy’ after reading my book…….then spray chloroform on his bow tie ”

Best Wishes :-)
    x

48. Rachel says:

I prefer the UK cover, but then I’m British! And definitely living in the right country for me. Since the colours on the American cover actually make me feel like I’ve-overdosed-on-sweets kind of feeling (sorry Matthew!)

49. Ali says:

“A hands-on guide to finding Mr. Right”

or something like that!

Can’t wait until the book comes out in the US :)

50. Marian says:

Caption: Giving your love life the makeover it deserves!

Congrats on the book! I can’t wait to read it.

51. Debbie Bradly says:

‘How to tie him down without him knowing why he finds you so unique’

Matthew looking the way we want our men to look! Lol

Must say love the uk version more (cos it’s got Matthew on the front and is next to my bed)!!! X

52. Renee says:

Tying the knot with the RIGHT guy ;)

53. Manon says:

Make it happen. – Get the Guy

Or

Ready for… the challenge? – GTG

M. x

54. Beanie Nguyen says:

Congratulations on your very first book Matt! I’m sure your love ones are so proud of you! :) …

I love the cover, I love pink too as it’s totally match the book contain. For the caption, what I got from the first look is “What are you waiting for? Get the guy who makes it right!” xx

55. Holly says:

Hmmm caption?
    Untie your perfect love life.

56. kim says:

i missed my T for mysTery

57. Ali says:

Or, “You can leave your tie on…” ;)

58. kim says:

look at him,is that your smug face? hahahaha

Get the guy: the male mysery revealed….taataadumm
    get the guy: A learning way to your epic love
    Get the guy: Your road to say I DO
    Get the guy: matthew hussey,for a foursome.

i cant stop laughting,hahaha

59. Ali says:

I adore this cover :) Matt, you look great in it!

“No more ‘hanging’ around, leave him tongue ‘tied’.”

Too many puns? :P

60. Holly says:

I LOVE the fact that 22 seconds into the book launch video there’s you laughing at my “send him my way!” joke and then you saying “It sounds very sinister!” after I said I live 10 mins away from your UK office. I guess I made an impression on you! ;-)
    I’m guessing the caption competition is only open to US residents?

I’m working on a reply to your poem – you should definitely post that on your blog – it’s brilliant!

Have a great time in US and hope to see you on a weekend sometime.

Holly

61. Marina says:

“You should get the guy or at least just catch him by the bow tie”

62. Imani says:

Caption: “Dressing up Your Love Life” OR “How to Tie Him Down” (if you wanted a play-on-words with the bowtie)

You are phenomenal for helping us women realize where we’re going wrong & helping us find a better alternative. Thank you so much!

63. Georgina Hall says:

Caption:
    “UNTIE HIS MIND
    AND CHANGE YOUR LOVE LIFE
    FOREVER”

Hope I win, I could do with a bit of help date wise. All the best.
    Georgie

64. Jodi says:

Congratulations, extremely well-deserved success. I haven’t found the guy yet but am having fun looking…

Caption: “Men DO want to be tied down – Matthew Hussey shows you how (bow tie optional)”

65. Jo Phillips says:

“Look in his eyes, not at his tie” – Are you ready for the love life you deserve? Read inside for all the tips and techniques you could possibly need to secure the guy of your dreams!

66. Trisha says:

Congratulation! Can’t wait to read it. Amazon has your book with a different cover? is it the same one so i can order? BTW Matthew, you should use your sweet seductive smile more on the cover :P

67. Celeste says:

“Order now and as a purchasing bonus, receive this adorable Matthew Hussey doll! Pull his bow tie to hear love advice!”

68. Jodi says:

Men do want to be tied downn – bow tie optional!

69. Naz says:

Matthew’s little secret hints on how to correctly tie a man’s bow!

70. Athena says:

Very bright cover, but I love it. It will definitely attract attention. To me this picture reminds me of a word you like to use, cheeky. So I’ll be going with: “Being cheeky, are we” and preferably with a wink behind it ;)

71. Greer says:

Get The Guy – How To Become The Perfect Catch He’ll Love Forever

72. Amy says:

Learn how to put your love life in the pink! You already have everything that you need.

73. Trisha says:

Caption: Stop the “play hard to get” myth, be proactive

74. Tamara says:

Haha, I really like the playful front and that it’s pink!

Here it comes:
    Untangle more than just his tie.

Good luck and enjoy these next bissy days!

75. Amanda says:

Straighten the tie, to get the guy!

I am glad the book is out. I am reading it now. However, I am not convinced by the cover because it does not really reflect the ideas of the book. A man with 2 women ? (it is indeed impossible that the two hands belong to the same woman). Where is the high ‘value woman’? That seems more like the cover of the ‘bro-code’ to me. But that is just my opinion and other may disagree. All the best. :)

77. Shannon says:

“Bringing bow ties and sexy back!” ;)

So thrilled for all that’s to come for you in the coming months. Sorry to have missed you and the launch on Saturday; thanks for signing my book! xo

78. Tamara says:

Hahaha, I really like that it’s playful and pink! Cuteness all over ;)

Here it comes:
    Untangle more than just his tie.

Good luck and lots of fun these bissy days!

79. Cassi says:

“Know the tie to get your guy.” Hmm, still working on it, but that’s the best I have for now.

80. Jennie Walker says:

CATCH HIM WITH HIS BOW TIE ON AND HIS GUARD DOWN

81. Lo says:

Here are my critics, but u know they are sent with love.
    I like your expression, it looks funny and flirty. And I like the bow tie. However (and here it goes) I think it has many information on the cover, between the name of the book, the description, your name, the hansd and the suspenders, its king of too much. And the letter on your chest make you look like you have a big belly!

On the other hand, I would suggest to highlight your blue eyes, they impress here, but they could impress even more!

Kisses!

82. paramesh says:

“Get the Guy “—-
    CAPTION :
    “GET THE GUY”- ‘the way he is’

Rock on !!
    Sir good luck !!

83. janz says:

i think its cool, your giving that ‘look’ and im loving it :)

84. Lauren Acton says:

“Stop fixing what’s wrong and start finding what’s right.”

85. Sara says:

Caption… “Are you ready to get your guy?”

Your facial expression, to me, asks “ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? It’s going to change your life!

86. Dyonisia says:

I like Jen’s approach, yet to me the pink
    lady-fingers look playful.

It looks as though she’s everso breathtakingly
    gently caressing the bow-tie til it springs off and
    let’s things get just everso slightly ruffled-up. Did
    you know that bow-ties have the capacity to fly?!

“Please tweak my heart out!”
    A new kind
    of heart surgery?

Look into my eyes. Fly into my heart!

You look great. i love the giddy feeling of delight in your
    video. You go, Matt.

87. Kiara says:

So much hot pink…Lol! Awesome!
    I feel like there should be a crowd of women behind you, clamouring to get their hands all over you ;) Where’s that cheekier smile? :P

“Because we all deserve a man that measures up to Matthew Hussey”

88. ann Jackson says:

He’s mine, no, he’s mine! Hands off!

89. Rana says:

You look great but bit uncomfortable :/

90. Grace says:

Mi Matt!
    I love the cover!!! And here is why:

1. color PINK – brilliant eye catcher, especially this “hot” pink!
    2. Your “innocent” face…. hahaha… I have been to one of your presentations and of course I could read you (or I hope that I can…) – but, this lovely face of your on the cover of HOT pink and that innocent grin, that works wonders!!!

To me your message in the book is very clear: your book will make any guy to do what we want!!! As the other part of the message is in working on the bow tie.
    However, slightly mixing is the fact that there are two different hands… this means coming from two different girls… does it mean that the guy we are hoping is “ours”…. is he in fact between two different women…

Would love to know more about that last bit please!!!

And to continue, the actual message (the written part…) is also great!

Good luck with your book, I will be getting one of course. By the way, will you have an audio version as well.

All the best and I do hope that this year I will finally meet the man of my dreams!
    With warm regards
    Grace

91. Sile says:

Tips, tricks and techniques to attracting, luring and tieing the knot with your perfect catch!

92. Jennie says:

Matthew Hussey – The Man Whisperer…….

93. Sara says:

God, why are you so adorable?

94. Kelly says:

I’ve got to agree with Jen. It does appear that you are being fixed, and I definitely don’t want to fix my man. I love the fact that he’s a mess.

95. Jen Kelchner says:

Hi, Matt! I don’t have a caption because I’m not that clever :) But I do have an observation about the cover. You look fantastic as always. However, the cover to me appears as though you are being “fixed” with the hands straightening your tie. (By the way, bow ties are cool.) I personally don’t want to fix my man. I want to enjoy the messy bits too. Love the rest of the cover … just my thoughts!!

96. Polly says:

Brace yourself

97. Polly says:

Hustle the Hussey

98. Polly says:

1. Tie The Guy OR
    2. Bow low and Tie the Guy

99. andrea says:

Congratulations! You totally deserve all the accolades you’re getting. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner.
    Andrea

Photo okay! Cute. Wondering if the sub title reads to a woman more to say “the love you DESIRE.” That’s juicier.
    Oh would also be fun but maybe not appropriate to have them un tie your bow tie.
    Good luck!

Dealing With Arguments That Wreck Relationships

Forward this on to anyone you know who is in a relationship and could use a pick me up. We've...