Book Club Call #7: Mating in Captivity – Esther Perel
In this episode we discuss the central question in Perel’s Mating in Captivity: can we desire what we already have?
– The dangers of excessive closeness, and cultivating a “secret garden”
– How to reclaim a sense of curiosity about your partner, and rekindle a sense of mystery
– What to do when you catch yourself in a jealous headspace
– Why you need to have a healthy respect for the challenges of monogamy
– Matt’s views on open relationships
We begin with a basic setup to the book if you’re yet to read it.
With so much to cover, the call ran to 90 minutes. It’s full of things to consider when in or embarking on a relationship, and we know it’ll give you a LOT of food for thought.
We’d love your feedback! Be sure to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.