Life is about peaks and troughs…

So good to be back after all of the craziness of the GetTheGuy book and my show Ready For Love!

(Note: The rest of Ready For Love can be viewed on Hulu and NBC.com. Not in the US? Try downloading Hotspot Shield…)

No winning streak lasts forever. That’s part of life.

When you’re in a trough, that’s when your core confidence is really tested.

We will come back bigger and stronger than ever, because that’s what we do.

Life is just beginning again. It’s a new era.

I want to thank you for all of your love and support along the way! You have been incredible to me. We’re going to keep rocking this together. I can’t wait to get started!

Good to be back!

###

If right now you’re in a trough in your love life, turn things around with my online homestudy course The Man Myth. This is a crash course in the A–Z of attraction, understanding men, and instant chemistry. Check it out here.

188 Responses to Life is about peaks and troughs…

1. alexia says:

You are Special and i’m Honoured to have YOU as my Life Coach.

2. Louise says:

My mother died very suddenly there d end of Feb. It was 3 days before my 21st birthday and now I am also getting kicked out of my home as the house went with my mothers job. U might imagine d hole that I feel I am in now. Hearing how u are going to turn this bad experience into something good gives me some hope that I am in control as to how I react to this and that there can be good come out of bad. I look forward to making lemonade with you along d way :)

• Glenna says:

Louise -my condolences. You mother is always with you. She taught you lessons you didn’t even know you were learning! Stay strong sweetheart and ask for help if you need it.

Peace
      If you ever want to talk, just reply.
      Glenna

3. Fadzillah says:

Thank you very much. You have such an inspiration for me and I am sure you will make things work better for you. A BIG thank you.

4. Tina says:

*****O*****
    *Welcome Home* Matt*
    I’m just really happy!
    you’re here
    *****O*****
    x

5. Stef says:

Matt, that lemonade is going to be the most refreshing, delicious and rewarding thing EVER!

I had unfortunately heard rumours about the show going to be cancelled after just a few episodes (even though I never got to see it since I live in Norway) so I was kind of waiting for you to confirm it, as frustrating as it is. I’m so certain you’re not leaving this empty-handed – every experience is a new chance to learn more about the world!

I think Oprah Winfrey put it quite well: “I do not believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.” You obviously enjoyed every second of it!

Lots of love and good thoughts <3

6. Marie-antonine Woutaz says:

Thank you for sharing Matthew.
    I can imagine it’s tough for you but you have the right attitude & state of mind!!!
    Take good care of you!
    Big hug from Switzerland

7. Linda says:

Matt,

Sorry to hear about your show. That must be a crushing disappointment. Hollywood isn’t exactly a hotbed of authenticity. Your authentic desire to help people in a real and useful way shines through and is maybe better suited elsewhere. Congrats on the book. Thank you for this video. I am going through a similar disappointment in my work life and this was helpful. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make your event in Toronto, I had really wanted to.

Linda

8. Vikki says:

Loveliest of Matts,

Yippee and argh and wow and darnit and oh my gosh and “bl**dy h^ll!!!” and thank the universe for absolutely fantastic fabulous marvelous friends!

At least – that is what I imagine some of the last few weeks have been like for you and the team.

I have a liking for freshly made lemonade … a reflection of my strength through tough times. Even in the worst I look for beauty and learning. Allowing my good times to truly glow!

I know that you are creating a cocktail from that lemonade and that the next chapter/ the new era will be ever more inspirational and exceptional! A reflection of your core.

Keeping shining, Love, xx

9. Amrit says:

I just want to thank you for keepin’ it real. It’s honestly what I appreciate most about you. Your no “sugarcoating” approach is just my style and this video couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m sure we’ll both be back with a vengeance in no time. Just keep making that lemonade…:)

10. Petra says:

this is great message coming at the right time. I wanna share my approach.
    I’m just going through some ugly struggles with my landlord, who just wants to kick me out ilegally from my newly purchased flat. His behavior is just awful – he cut me from internet and I have home office, so I could not work…but you know what, I kept my positive attitute and focus on solution, not moaning about the situation. And you Matt helped me here, because this is what you teach us – don’t wait, create. And suddenly I saw how many people support me in this situation – my mum as lawyer and mental support, my friends bringing me positive vibes, my co-workers offering me relocation to a new office closer to my flat…and my salary just got significantly raised (so I can buy own internet:)!
    So what is the message behind this experience – never give up and let negative situation or people to hunt you, never build up your confidence around them, stick to principles like ‘don’t wait, create’ and you can achieve amazing things;)

I hope this is inspiring, btw I want to tell you Matt, that I like the show, I will keep following. What is suprising for me is how you appear there. It kind of seems to me that comparing to other 2 matchmakers and thanks to final editing of the show, you turned out a bit as a villain, which is wierd, because this is not how I know you:). I have been following you for 3 years now, so I thought I would tell you what is my impresion. But you know what, I like that villain look – always honest, always straight, some of these ladies need it sooo badly :))

Take care!

Petra

11. chandrakanthi says:

dear mr matthew,

great video message!
    I can well imagine that if you are in a “peak” is successful, that unexpected depth point comes your way.
    That’s right, it’s hard to get back to find the right balance.
    I do believe in this: “If your dreams a fighter for you, then you push yourself back to that one peak moment. And certainly comes next dream out again. ”
    Things did not give up but continue right is important in life.
    To pursue your dreams!
    Sometimes life against.
    Just what you say: so we are all strong people and we grow through experiences as a person.
    believe in new things and experiences we become stronger from that.
    Believe in yourself mr matthew!
    you do a great job ,keep believe in work !!

greetings chandrakanthi

12. Linda says:

Ah Matt, at one point in the video while you were saying something really inspiring, I had the strongest urge to just reach over and give you a big big long hug. Too bad you didnt say that to me in real life or I would’ve just done it there and then.
    You are such a lovely person and what you said- and i was cheering you on as you said it cos boy, do I f**king agree with you!!

You are a winner always. Things work out and sometimes they dont but it will only be a blessing in disguise it if you MAKE it a blessing in disguise, I LOVED that you said that in that video.
    Be strong, whatever it is, you will have your next win soon! I’m rooting for you! Haha.

Take care x

13. Clara says:

hi Matt
    love watching your videos, you are always so honest. ‘Peaks and troughs’ is a good life lesson for all; I’m also experiencing a trough, but it’s an ideal time to reach for the next peak!
    I never saw the show but if the initial ratings weren’t good, then take it as a sign that it wouldn’t have done much for your credibility, when I know you are an excellent coach with so much good advice! (saw you in UK a few years ago)
    Take some of my advice ;) you look knackered, you need a proper holiday!

14. Caitlin Jean says:

Words that got me through my April emotional roller coaster was “When life gives you lemonade… You might as well drink it!”

15. Sandra says:

Bitter Sweet message, thank you for your sincerity. Ups and downs are part of life and we must learn from them and move forward. I was happy you were experiencing all these things at once but it felt as if you were slicing yourself too thin. My wise mother always says to me, “things happen for a reason. There is a timing for everything. Bigger and better times will come, get ready for it.”

Your “warrior” spirit inspired me.

16. Saye says:

Thank you for the video, I really needed to hear it. Not because of what has happened to you, of course not! But the message in it to keep strong.
    I admire your honesty and confidence and wish you best of success in the next stages.

17. Meri says:

Matt your words and presence make life so much sweeter! Your helping me transform into the woman I want to be and Im so greatful for all that you do. Also, is there a specific age you have to be to attend your tours or seminars? (Im almost legal!)

18. Beanie says:

Can I say that this is my favorite video of you? Please don’t take it the wrong way as I know this one is the bitter sweet message you have. I felt your pain when you said the show got canceled and I cried when you said that you were with me if I’m in trough at the moment. Somehow that’s so encouraging to know that you and I are on the same path. My life is stuck at the moment, both love and work. Luck never seems on my side though I have made a lot efforts.

All I want to say now is love and love ands love for you my dear! You make me feel much stronger now and I thank you for that!

Much love, as always,

Beanie. xoxo

19. Lana says:

I just wanted to let you know that I first heard about you on Ready for Love and am amazed with how bang on you are about dating advice! I would not have heard about you if it weren’t for the show. I KNOW that your hard work was for a higher purpose and will help to get your message out.It always pays off. Sending love your way…

20. tanya says:

I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”luke: 24: 49
    all the best matt move ahead with double power God bless.

21. Marina says:

Matt!!!You are great man and amazing coach!!!!

22. Jessica S.B. says:

You are an incredible beacon of light to so many people, illuminating brilliant aspects of life and ourselves that were otherwise dark, hidden, unknown. Emanating from you is such love and power that every person can discern when they see you, hear you, and experience you.

Thank you for being such a blessing to me, and thank you for giving your gifts, talents, knowledge, and love… thank you for giving people what so few can give.

23. Rivka says:

All those little smiles from 5:00 on… make me want to smile.

24. Etha says:

Matt,
    I wanted to like the show, I did but I think the whole reality thing has played out. I would love to see you have a talk show with women and you doing what you do best. Sending them out on dates per your instructions. Kind of a “What not to do on dates” kind of thing. I am a devout fan, just bought your book and I so look forward to your next project.

Love to you!

~E~

• Pauline says:

I totally agree. It was to drama queen style instead of advise driven. You were the only good thing about the show. The other matchmakers didn’t give advice only told them what to say. Like we encourage each other already as women.

25. Karen says:

Hi, Matt!

I feel that you are the angle in our life!! You have been so encouraging and given me sooooo much inspiration when I feel down and get stressed out! Don’t worry about the cancellation of the show, we all think it s a great show and it will definitely come back some time!! Good luck for everything! YOU ARE ALWAYS THE BEST!

P.S. I am so regret that I couldnt get your signiture in New York last time! Next time when I see you I would definitely ask you for it!!! :)

26. Rebecca says:

Matt,
    You are in good company. Tony Robbins’ show did not work out either. That particular genre of show is quite difficult to succeed with as a prime-time thing. Don’t worry, though. Television, as television, isn’t far from death. ;-)

I don’t agree with the “blessing in disguise” thing. It’s simply a blessing. How could it not have been a blessing for you to get to do a Hollywood show? Even if it didn’t succeed in the end? What about that was not a blessing?

My dear friend, you wake up every morning doing the work you love, the work you were made to do, the work that makes a difference in people’s lives, and the work that fulfills your mission. You are blessed. That is all. No disguises.

Much love,
    R

27. Monique says:

Hello Matthew,

– We went to Brighton to your event. Unfortunately, you are busy with doing the tour.
    – We hope in the near future to hear you personally speaking, because you have a very inspirational energy and expertise, what we need to learn from you.
    – We have learned about Love, Life and the costs of Success & being confident in life all the time.
    – Not everything pays off in life.

28. Olga says:

Very sorry to hear about your show but thank you for your courage and inpirational words. I know better things will come to you and to all of us who “create”.
    I have been following you for a few years now and THANK YOU!

29. Olga says:

sorry to hear this, but thank you for sharing with us and showing us your courage.
    I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOU FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND CAN’T THANK YOU ENOUGH!

30. Olga says:

I am very sorry to hear it but it is nice to see your strength and your courage to share this with all of us.
    BEEN FOLLOWING YOU FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND CAN’T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR YOUR INSPIRATION!

31. Shelly says:

Oh Mathew: What a lovely response to your disappointment. And, I can’t help but notice how external it really is … part of the great game of life. A thing … not a soul. Perspective …
    I’m already tasting the lemonade with you …
    ROCK on!

32. Melissa Smith says:

I actually went to the bookstore to purchase a different guy/dating advice book…and somehow ended up buying yours instead after skimming through it! I am reading it slowly and being thoughtful in what I need to change.

This video is divine timing for me…I am in a trough…and while teary when you spoke, I felt strong and hopeful. THANK YOU!

Best wishes to you,
    Melissa Smith

33. Karla says:

Hello Matt,

Watching your video literally made my eyes water. Your positive attitude is amazing. Today you touched a part of me and you made me feel better. I am going through a tough time in which the guy I was seeing decided to go the other way. Thank you for those inspirational words. I am definitely making lemonade with my lemons. =)

I am sooo disappointed that your show got cancelled. I was waiting to watch the next episode this week! But I know great things will come your way because you deserve it. I am reading your book as well and I love it! Congrats on making it to the Best Seller list!

Karla

Hey Matt: I am so sorry the show didn’t work out. I really
    liked it. Thank you once again for such an
    inspiring video. Getting your email today could
    not have come at a more perfect time for me. I can
    really relate to Barbara above on a work situation. I am definitely
    in the work trough but it’s all good. I have poured
    10 yrs in this company given the blood, sweat, and at times
    tears of frustration & something happened last week that
    made me sit up & think I really don’t need to keep
    beating a dead horse, it all came to a head yesterday that
    made me stomping mad but it was the Confidence
    I have in myself & believing in myself that spurred me
    into action of finding a way out of my misery of staying any
    longer at a company I no longer care to work for. I recently had
    a conversation with a friend of a company in
    Boston that I never considered due to traffic but honestly
    with the sheer volume of traffic in MA I will always
    have traffic to contend with. It’s no longer holding
    me back. Yesterday I contacted a headhunter & that Boston
    company has an opening for a position that I would absolutely
    love & he felt I was the best candidate for it. They want to immediately
    see me. And I was like, Hey I was just talking about them. I had a
    Meeting today that upset me more than the other day but they
    never saw it because I held onto my own confidence &
    held my head up. When one door shuts one definitely
    opens. The timing is so perfect. So this is my time to be all
    that I can be. I can’t wait to see their faces when I hand
    in my resignation as they will be the ones that
    never saw it coming. I have had my stompfest like a 2 yr old but I feel
    great. Your videos always inspire me. I am so happy
    I found you & I can’t thank you enough for all
    you give to me & everyone out here. You will go
    on to big & better things. This is a minor blip and
    in the big picture not much at all. You will dust yourself off
    & bounce back up & go on to so much more. And it’s not a I think you
    will, it’s a I know you will. Have fun on your tour, laugh alot,
    dance a lot and enjoy every minute of it, you deserve it.

• Barbara says:

Wow. I couldn’t help not to reply to this one. You have made such a huge decision with such confidence, that I’m sure you’ll be very successfull at your new job. I’m sooo proud of you (if that is even relevant). You’re definitely a winner (just like Matthew said to me). Hope everything turns out the way you want it to. ;)

35. Ada says:

You are spot on in this video – just want to say – show cancellation is hard news to take… however, it means another door of opportunity is opening!
    Keep on keeping on!
    Cheers
    A

36. sara says:

sorry to hear the show is cancelled. On the other hand, great news about the book and I am reading it and I love it! thanks so much for your advised and support. Your attitude and confidence is inspiring. I saw you in NY and had the most amazing time. You are a very special and better things will come.

37. Ronda says:

I think the show is at least playing out up here in Canada. You’re the only reason (after attending your seminar) that I became interested in the show. I thought it would be like Bachelor/Bachelorette and I’ve never watched either of those. I don’t like the notion of all those ladies fighting over one guy. But I finally tuned in and got hooked. That Tim seems very genuine (only watched the first episode so far) and I think all you matchmakers used good criteria in finding potential matches for him. My heart broke a little for his old flame, but I knew he would send her home. Anyway, sorry that the show wasn’t given a chance, but when I heard, I immediately thought it would be a blessing in disguise for you. So many more people know who you are and what you do and you will be crazy busy. Good things often come from “bad” and I know that will be the case for you! ;)

I’ve found you surprisingly inspiring! And (to reciprocate what you said to me in Toronto, though I’m sure you don’t remember! ;p) I love your energy! ;)

XOXO

38. Raimee says:

Hey Matthew!

I watched Ready For Love and totally fell in LOVE with YOU! and I really did enjoy the show, and I am soooo sad that it won’t be continued. I understand your frustration with the turn out, but it is definitely a lesson and you have gained so much recognition.

I’m going to see you in CHICAGO this Saturday! I cannot wait to meet you! Thank you so much for all of your amazing advice.

39. Stacy says:

Matthew-
    I saw you in San Diego and this vlog post further cements what a leader and inspiration you are. I’m so looking forward to your brand and message exploding and reaching gazillions of people. You are a blessing.
    See you in Palm Springs!
    :-) Stacy

40. Jules Wallis says:

Matthew, I adore you. Thank you for your brilliant book. I watched your show too, but I think you should have your own show instead. I am an English 41 year old living here in the USA, going through a divorce. So to hear you, with your excellent advice is heart warming for me in so many ways. I know you will find something bigger and better. I’m here with you all the way.
    Jules

41. vanessa says:

I love the attitude….. you did great!!! I will be wqlking in your foot steps…. look out! something BIG!! is coming.

Love the attitude and way of looking at things. Thank you so much Matt! This video really helped me. I want to keep working on my core confidence. I would love to come to a retreat that you do, however at the moment that wouldn’t be possible due to living on the other side of the world.
    What are some ways that I could work on my core confidence?
    Thanks!

43. Noura Bashshur says:

I am so sorry to hear your TV show got canceled, but please remember that when the Universe slams a door shut that hard, it’s only because the Universe is really trying to get you to look at a different door, one that is much, much better–maybe beyond your wildest dreams. And I agree with the other comments–you need your own show, honestly.

Keep your head up–better things are just around the corner and we can’t wait to see what is in store! Don’t feel bad it got canceled–you were the best part of the show and the only reason I watched. So, all in all, you can consider it, and your part in it, a success.

Thank you for all that you do for us. I was supposed to see you in Chicago this weekend, and I’m brokenhearted I cannot make it. Please consider making an MP3 recording available?
    :)n

44. Denise says:

I can’t believe a show with a hot guy like Matt allegedly didn’t get sufficient ratings!

45. Cate says:

Hi Matthew! Congratulations for making the best sellers! And thank you for all the difference you’ve made! Sorry that the show didn’t work out the way you hoped for, but I believe that greater opportunities will present themselves and knowing you, you’d latch on to it and do them justice =) Keep the spirits up Matthew!

My love life is going through a sort of trough/plateau right now, and it’s equally frustrating. Good news is, “Get the Guy” just made the shelf of the my local online bookstore last week! I’m waiting for it to arrive and I must say, I’m really, really excited!

46. Saph says:

I was looking forward to the show. Can’t even watch it online from the UK! Something better is around the corner. I have to remind myself of that too. I recently lost out on my dream job to someone who worked in a similar company before. I don’t have any other interesting interviews lined up so I’m back to square one but using the time to catch up with friends/family and to write my book. Which leads me to congratulating you on making the NY best sellers list. It’s inspiring to see you make it. I hope to join you some day soon!

47. audrey says:

I really enjoy your videos and I am a baby boomer. I caught the show because of you. You mentioned you are a Gemini and you make me proud to be one, makes up for Donald Trump who is also one.

48. Sara says:

Loved ones who pass never really leave our hearts. That’s the positive.

49. Jules says:

Hey Matt, thanks for the video and it’s great that you’re so honest about the highs and lows. I always tell myself when life throws me these moments after the disappointment, you just have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and think hey what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and that you can always find a positive out of a negative even if its a lesson learnt. Keep up the good work and keep positive, more amazing opportunities are heading your way I’m sure.
    Thanks for sharing :) xx

50. Sara says:

You’re enchanting! Happy to see your smiling face – Rock On!!!!!!!

51. Ange says:

Hey Matt! I loved your tour! It was awesome seeing your energy in person. And even after going through your Man Myth program, I still learned a lot of new incites on how to pick up guys! Don’t worry about the show cuz honestly I watch everything online anyways! And I know your loyal fans will keep watching. Keep up the great work! I can’t wait to see what you have coming up!

Angeline xxoo

52. Paula says:

You’re so humble and genuine, I love it! Thank you! Wish you the best of luck, and please go on tour again so I can come see you because I couldn’t make the Philly event which was closest to me! xo

53. Inggrid says:

Dear Matt,

I am also going through a trough at the moment, thank you for the video, came at the right time. You stay strong and keep smiling cause it is infectious and i will too. I really believe The best is yet to come for you. :)

Xoxo from your fan,
    Inggrid

54. Stephanie says:

So are you heading back to London or..? What’s the next step? Looking forward to the next “video update”. Take care, Stephanie

55. Junko says:

Your talk was touching and encouraging. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I ordered your book for my friend, and it should arrive by today. Can’t wait!

56. Stephania says:

well matt my grand mother used to say that if life ever kicks you you just have to turn around and say.“is that the best you have got“ …
    you are a very blessed man and we are all proud of you, so just turn the page over and re start, it is your dream, and as long as that statement remains true it is worth fighting for.

lots of love

57. Ugh! This is me too! says:

*sigh* I was so upset about the show. I feel as though NBC set you up to fail. It wasn’t cool and this all or nothing junk is really sucky. >:( I hope E! or some other network takes it and gives it the love it deserves! I will continue to watch it online and on E! for sure! Perhaps if people see that the base is still faithful they’ll pick it up? I’m hopeful.

Sadly I found out today that my internship was given to someone else because they couldn’t reach one of my references and instead of asking me for another, they just dismissed me. After leading me to believe that I actually had it in the bag. I won’t lie. Not having a job lined up for the summer really blows and finances are practically dissipating by the second. I’m trying to buy into the frame of mind that they didn’t know what they had lined up. I’ve cried it out, the fear isn’t gone, but all I can do is line up another one and move on. NEXT!

On the brightside, I’ve got a lot more free time to work on my paintings. BOOM!

58. Amani says:

Don’t worry Matthew, you are so great and you are so wise! You have given me so much knowledge and hope, I am now seeing the most amazing guy in the world and i know that it wouldnt have been possible if i hadn’t been for the advise you gave me. I was really looking forward to seeing your show, but the females in the world need you, so this is a big mistake! Good luck in your future and im sure everything will work out okay :)

59. Carmen says:

Hi Matt, your video could not have come at a better time for me. Thank you for sharing your great experiences with your book. And I’m so sorry about the show. Stay positive… much love

60. Tiffany says:

Matthew!

Sad to hear that they cancelled the show. In your video you talked about making lemonade and creating blessings in disguise. I have already found a positive thing out of it…this show is the first time I have ever heard your name. I instantly became a huge fan of yours. I couldn’t get enough of your tips and that led me to looking you up online and now I am following you on here, on twitter, and I bought your book last night. I am thankful you did the show, even though it didn’t work out the way you had envisioned, because now I have a chance to take your tips and change my love life for good! Thanks, can’t wait to hear more from you!

61. Isa says:

Hi Matt !

I know exactly what you are talking about. Last year, I spent all my energy preparing for an oral exam in order to get in a certain university. That oral interview/exam was the final phase, I had already gotten through other “filters” to get admitted. And I didn’t make it. I got the news a few days before my final exams.

Like you said, it was frustrating at first. And then I thought: “Bite the bullet. You have other projects waiting to be accomplished anyway” :) :)

I did get accepted in my other “dream college” a few weeks later and I couldn’t be happier now.

Thank you so much for sharing this experience… It’s inspiring to see how how you handle these situations.

Congrats for the book, I wish you success in your current projects!

Isabella.

62. Christa says:

Bummer that the show got pulled– but life goes on, and you’re making lemonade out of lemons. Why not go a bit further, get a little feisty and make some limoncello? ;) The last time I posted a comment on your blog, I was not focusing on my love life, and everything else in my life was pretty good. Then I realized very quickly that things can go south FAST– balancing my personal physical and mental health (and the issues that came with that) is proving to be difficult with school, work and social life. However, when I least expected it, a guy came into my life. Granted, he went out and made the first move and I inititally rejected him, but I used a lot of your advice to make a “date” happen, got to know him better, built some chemistry, and we hit it off :) Now I’ll just have to use the advice in your book to steer him towards commitment, lol.

Life is full of highs and lows, but eventually you’re going to have to find a nice equilibrium to settle on. While you can’t just coast, you can try your best to find that balance. :)

At the very least, you have your tour and the book, and amazing support behind you. See you in Chicago!
    x

63. GG says:

I still see you asking for applications on the show. Is there going to be more Ready For Love seasons? I realize NBC isn’t airing it except on NBC.com so is there a season 2??

64. Angela Thibodeaux says:

Thank you for the update; I’m sorry to hear about the show’s cancellation. I think it’s a temporary setback for you though. The book is amazing. One of the best investments in myself I’ve ever made. :) I enjoy the videos so much that when I read (and re-read) the book, I hear your voice in my head. lol. Love the accent! Take care and good job!
    ~Angela

65. Fiona says:

Sorry to hear the show was cancelled, my mom and I enjoyed watching it. However, your strength and optimism is contagious! All the best!

66. Kathryn says:

Truly shocked. What can one say, apart from what you did just say in your video.
    You have been much missed and I am sorry for the circumstances of why you are back. But rather selfishly very pleased as I am definitely in a big trough, not of my own making but something life has thrown at me. So I am with you in turning this into something good.
    Your support is invaluable, which does seem a bit strange saying to someone on a blog I have never met : ) but we understand.
    Lots of love xx

67. Latoy says:

Hello Matthew,

You have earned my admiration…Here’s your ***STAR*** (not that you need it…lol). I admire you more because you are one of the very few people I follow who “walk the talk” and keep it real even when in the trenches. This video clip is truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing and showing “live” what it means to be confident and remain positive. Here’s to making lemonade…even if you have to cry-then-smile doing it! You rock :)

68. Nancy says:

Matthew!! I was so disappointed when I heard the show was canceled :( BUT I’m still watching online! I couldn’t wait for the show last night!

You really shined on that show… I mean all the matchmakers were good but, you, the guys perspective, was what I valued more, seriously!!

And starting and ending a show so late?? What was that about! I think too that maybe they should’ve narrowed it down to one or two guys? The difference b/w the Bachelor would’ve been the matchmakers :)

Matthew, I think you have you’re own show! What I really appreciated about the show was how women behaved on dates, the things that they say!! I cringed so many times! But I’m sure so many women could relate and I hope they learned something :)

69. Jackie says:

I got this in my email this morning after my dissapointing yesterday… it may help you as well…

“Sometimes, Jackie, when circumstances or disappointments bump you off track, it’s the beginning of an even bigger dream coming true, that could not have come true on the track you were on.”

Yeah, always.

Always, always –
    The Universe

70. Jackie says:

Matthew…. this is what I got this morning in my email…and I had a disappointment yesterday….. it may bring you a bit of perspective as well…
    Sorry about your frustrations… I feeling them too… but there’s something better coming for us! <3

"Sometimes, Jackie, when circumstances or disappointments bump you off track, it's the beginning of an even bigger dream coming true, that could not have come true on the track you were on."

Yeah, always.

Always, always –
    The Universe

71. Stephanie says:

Pretty bummed about what happen but it’s true no matter what comes along in life good or bad we must learn to keep moving forward. Just because one door closed doesn’t mean it is the end. Geesh if only you know how many times life has brought me down to the point where I didn’t want anything in life. But here I am, in love, with my own business and most of all in love with myself and who I have created myself to be. Your book guided me as well as all your videos and I just being able to tell girls about you and your words of wisdom. So never stay down because there is light ahead of your journey. Hope to meet you soon Mat!

72. Violeta says:

Hey Matthew :)
    I can totally relate – I’ve been through some tough stuff recently….well… It’s still happening but I am not giving up. My all childhood was very tough too… Life was incredibly difficult for me but I’m not a victim anymore- I’m a surviver ! I’m invincible today and I’m not gonna stop pursuing my dreams. ; )
    Wish you good luck…. Your attitude towards life is amazing. Keep it up :)
    btw… I got your book from Amazon ;) can’t wait to read it all !
    Greetings from Poland !!!!
    Violeta

73. Abby says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! It’s honestly comforting to know you are human and that even very successful people have some bumps in the road along the way. That said…chin up…forget about the show because you are a NY Times bestselling author. That is a such a major accomplishment and suggests you have an amazing career ahead of you. Besides…you kind of already have your own online show with these video messages you keep sending out! It’s been fun hearing your perspective and it feels like we get to join you on your journey. Looking forward to hearing about what is next! Cheers!

74. JoJo says:

Ahhhh i so needed this video. Dont worry about NBC they have the worst rep on network tv – and are badly mismanaged. Look what they did to Conan O Brien!! Im in Entertainment so i know how this rolls. Trust me u r better off without them. T least it got ur name and face out there. Every show they launch seems to struggle or fail- i liked ur show but u r better off following in conan’s footsteps: launch ur own show on a cable network!
    Trust me that’s where future is (and Internet TV shows too. U have the content and the substance – u just need a better vehicle. Use the successs of ur book to push a cable tv program.
    I myself am going through a deep deep trough :( I’ve been unemployed for a month now… My industry is in major upheaval… Fewer jobs in my area than ever – and on top of that a guy I’d just started to really like and was hoping to get closer too (younger than me) informed me 2 days ago that he got accepted for 4th year medical school at Emory (Atlanta georgia – and I in Los Angeles :( and then a residency job after. So never gonna see him again and I’m carrying alot of disappointment and rejection feelings righ now while he’s excited to be off on his new adventure .. I’m sitting here unemployed, broke, and like “um yay for u” pretending im so happy for him :/ argh like I said deep trough.

75. Susan says:

This is wonderful msg, Matthew, I am working on to be that inconvincible person and be strong no matter what happen. It’s so good to see how you cope with your life cause normally people only let you see them when they are on the winning track.

Wish you the best, yes we will come out stronger and better!!

76. Gina says:

Matthew, you and your videos and blogs have been an inspiration to me and taught me many things about life. This could be one of your most rousing videos yet. Thank you for your hope. It gives me hope.

77. Amelia H says:

The troughs in life make the peaks worth while but, something amazing will come from this.

That’s amazing news about the new york times best seller list.

If you need any help with updating ur blog let me know.

All the best.
    Amelia x

78. jillian says:

So sorry to hear about the show…..NEXT!!!!! When life sends me lemons I make lemon drop martinis…..LOL!!!!! Thrilled about the book……I keep giving it as presents to my girlfriends and family members for birthdays etc. Thanks for sharing your gifts and mentoring with us…..it is appreciated.

79. Anya says:

Haha .. even before you were drawing to a close, I noticed you were sitting under a lemon tree and thinking, ‘time to make lemonade from these lemons, people’!

Whatever fresh window this closing door’s just opened, we got your back, kiddo. To fresh adventures!

xx

80. princess says:

Hey Matt, How refreshing to share your blog on this disappointment. Life really is about peaks and troughs and I guess coasting periods. While circumstances around us change, there is one thing never changing and that is God’s love for us all. I think of Job and his story – he had many blessings; then EXTREME challenges where everything seemed to be pulled from him; and finally he was BLESSED more than before. Although an extreme case, it shows that life can be a journey of ups and downs and that it is crucial to have faith in something unchanging. Wishing you much joy in the nezt season – does this mean we will be blessed to have you back in the UK?!!! lol If so can you do some events in locations outside of London?

81. Nofyah says:

So sorry about the show. You’re still a shining star!

Looking forward to seeing how you get compensated (and you will) with something even more fantastic.

Nofyah

82. janz says:

wooooow your confidence is amazaing . and you dont sugar coat anything and your so genuine mat….your courage will get where you are aiming to go!!

83. Barbara says:

Hey!
    I’m so glad you posted this video. I’m going through a trough right now. Something at work didn’t work out for me and I worked really hard for it. When I found out, I was angry and disappointed. Afterwards I even cried like a baby. I cried so much my eyes were red and puffy. But it made me feel better. I haven’t cried in a long time and after I got it out of my system, I felt good. I now have more confidence in myself and think I can still make things work out for me.
    So thank you again and good luck to you too.

• Matthew Hussey says:

Barbara, you’re a winner : )

We will come back bigger and stronger than ever, because that’s what we do.

• Barbara says:

That’s so sweet of you to say. You’re one too. I’m sure there’s something bigger and better than that show waiting for you. ;)Maybe your own show? :P
        As I like to say great words from a great man.
        I look forward to your next blog entry, which will surely be amazing as always. :D

84. Amy says:

I have always enjoyed your positive attitude, Matthew! I am coming to see you in Dallas, so you being in the US has already been a blessing for me.

Take care,

Amy

85. Yvette says:

I agree you need your own show like Plain Jane here in the US! Men and woman of all ages, shapes, sizes, backgrounds, and personalities not only bueaty queens. You were the best and absolutely the most AMAZING part of the show. You even had the other matchmakers in awe of you when you were showing examples of what to do. They even learned from you. I can’t wait to see you on the television again!

86. lindsay says:

Sorry to here about the show :( , but like you said you guys will definately be coming back bigger & stronger. I have faith in that! :D . and thank you so much for the inspiring words! My week didn’t started as I hoped it would be but your message came as a blessing!

Good luck @ the next events. Keep it up!

Lindsay

87. Amelia says:

Sorry to hear about your show, but great news about the book (I’d always pick a book over TV anyway!). I’m in a trough with you – waiting to come back bigger and better than before. It was just what I needed to hear. Thanks!

88. Simi says:

Matt – You ROCK – onwards and upwards. Thank you for this very powerful video – I can imagine how flat you may feel about the TV show…but just remember there IS something BETTER waiting for you around the corner!! From your dear friend and fan! Love Simi xx :)

89. Francesca says:

Hi I bought the book after seeing you on the show.
    Just thought you should know there was a reason
    you were there .
    X Francesca

90. Clemency Gomes says:

Thank you for that Matt. I really needed to hear all those things…have been experiencing many troughs of late and you comments on core confidence during such times really brought some perspective on my life at the moment. Thank you. I hope you can indeed make this a blessing in disguise! All the best :)

91. Charissa says:

I am very impressed and inspired by your attitude.

Everything I have tried from the booked has worked. I am meeting tons of guys per week. I now don’t spend my days wishing guys would come talk to me, now they do! THANK YOU!!!

Sorry about the show, HUGS … but I can’t wait to taste your lemonade!! ;)

Sad news about the show. You really do need your OWN show.

On another note, I am still desperately waiting for the book we were promised at the FEB 16th event in Santa Monica :( Very sad….waiting is the hardest part….

93. Stella says:

Well done for the book!
    I am really happy for you!
    Sorry about the show but I think for you it’s not gonna be a drawback.
    You will still gain from it even if it didn’t go as planned.
    x

94. Jen Kelchner says:

Matt, I was so disappointed in the showing being pulled. FINALLY, a quality show that offers so much value to its viewers and placed an emphasis on self-value and not settling. I know so many amazing things are in your future. Thank you for being so inspirational and transparent. That is what makes you such a great leader! :) In the trough with you!

95. Jackie says:

Matthew – you need to have your own show! One that reflects the unique you.

96. M Leonard says:

I loved your bits in the show. I liked the basic premise.I think it brought a wisdom to the world of reality matchmaking from the episodes I saw. But it was a weird hybrid of “game show” with bright lights and elevators moving women up and down, MC’s (I did love Giuliana and Bill, though) and trying to find real, sustainable, authentic love.

An honest show with you and the 2 other matchmakers helping those men find women who would be long term, genuine, healthy, happy, and worthy mates for them would have been awesome. Not sure it would have gotten better ratings or been picked up by a network, but needed and valuable, yes.

You are intelligent and incredibly loquacious. You have experience with your material and passion for your audience. You are sexy and funny.

I know you will have no trouble conquering the world in the way that you want.

You have so much to give. Please make sure you take care of yourself too. Success isn’t so great when you are burned out and have to force out the passion bc you are “cooked”.

Best to you and your amazing team, Matt.

97. Magdalena says:

Hi Matthew
    im in a through with you :),lost my job
    thanks for sharing your experience, we are going to be stronger and come back with tripled power ;)
    your book is amazing ,I went for weekend last year but I wasn’t well during the workshop and you were in USA
    I would love to do it when you in London
    Regards and Don’t change
    Magdalena

98. JJ aka Janise says:

Sorry to say but to be honest the show was lame and the best part of the show was you and really the only interesting part of the show worth watching. The other match makers I thought gave poor advice and were so superficial. The guys looking for women were not very interesting and the dates were boring. You need a separate show all your own.
    Blessing in disguise for sure!

99. Sana says:

I saw the link to this via Twitter just now. So sorry to hear about the show. I was at your Philly event because I missed the NY event and had no idea. You hid the news well and I enjoyed seeing you live, as I knew I would. Wish I had gotten my copy of the book sooner so I could’ve gotten it autographed. Oh well. C’est la vie. The point you made about confidence is spot on. Looking forward to sharing my own theories on confidence via YouTube…soon. I’m still interested in being mentored. If you’re ever in NY and have 30 minutes, coffee’s on me. No worries either way though. AND…that part about the lemon tree was a little cheesy. Did you videotape in front of it, on purpose? HAHAHA. Either way you’re adorable so you pulled it off and I’m still with you ;D All the best, Sana

100. greta says:

just a question about how do you feel about death. how is it possible to stay positive

• Kathryn says:

I am too dealing with life and death. Yes it is possible to be positive because before death comes life, it just becomes more crucially important what you do in life. How you deal with things.
      I hope this is understandable and you do not mind me chipping in! xxx

• Sara says:

Death is just another life – there is no “escaping” life but to live it and enjoy it as best you can in every moment every single day. Suicide is NEVER the answer – been there and seen the devastation it causes in its wake. Choose life, let death come when you are called Home. Don’t force anything in life Everything in its perfect time as God intended and loves you.

Choose The Guy You Want, Make Him Feel Like A Man

There are amazing guys everywhere – literally a BUFFET to choose from. Women have been 'making the move' for centuries,...