Sexiest Halloween Costume Ever?

I had so much fun shooting this! Be sure to watch right the way to the end as there’s something ‘unexpected’ towards the end… Enjoy!

The thing I find strange about American Halloween is that it’s a night where you can wear whatever you want… Yet everyone still goes as a prostitute.

A prostitute something…

A prostitute cat, a prostitute policeman, a prostitute nurse…

To illustrate this, just minutes after showing the video to a member of my team, I was sent this photo as they walked past a hair salon that proved my point.

I find it very strange.

Women say, “We’re doing it for men.”

To which I ask:

–What type of men are you doing this for?

“Oh we’re doing this because it’s what men want.”

–Which men?! Not the men who are looking for a partner. Definitely not.

I agree with women when they talk about how ‘piggish’ men can be, how objectifying they can be, and how degrading towards women they can be…

I also think that if there’s ever confusion created by women over this issue it’s on a night like Halloween.

What are men supposed to do when the rest of the time they’re being told they’re objectifying women – and then on this night every woman decides to objectify herself!?

It’s very weird and confusing! Definitely mixed signals!

You can be anything you want to be. ANYTHING at all.

When you dress up, do it because of who you want to go as.

Do it because it’s something you want to be for one night – not because other people expect it of you, (or because everyone comments underneath your Youtube videos the entire time that that’s who you look like…)

Be who you want to be.

Have an amazing time. I’ll see you soon.

###

Question Of The Day:

OK. If your guy could dress up as ANYTHING for a night, what would you want it to be?

128 Responses to Sexiest Halloween Costume Ever?

1. Lauren says:

Hmm anything wacky like Inspector Gadget or just dress in drag – have FUN with it.

OR
    – Rhett Butler
    – Doc Holliday
    – The Phantom of the Opera
    – Mr. Darcy
    – Willy Wonka (Original)

Thanks Matthew!! That was very funny and well said!!

Happy Halloween!!

3. Jenaia says:

Hahaha Daniel Radcliff if he had hair…

Love it Matt and I think you make an excellent point. There’s a video about modesty on youtube talking about the very thing you brought up. The lady goes onto explaining of what she had studied and saying that. When woman wear super slughty clothes the same parts of the brain in man that tells him this is a person shuts off. So what is left on is the same part of the brain when a man is working. Like I must grab, I must touch, I must push. So the term “She’s a real tool.” Wasn’t just made up for any random reason but because that is where it came from after research.

4. Viola says:

that’s very funny :)

Thanks for that Matt – How true! I once “Pulled” a fake vicar, while dressed as a gorilla in a bowler hat and dungarees – For the first half I acted silly while incognito, and men sat next to me thinking I was one of them, and suprised them when I got too hot to wear the mask later in the evening. Great party, needless to say!!!

6. Julie Morey says:

You know after the brainal video I thought wow, you really don’t like like Harry Potter anymore. But then you had to go and do this…Awesome. Made my day and have had the same Halloween thoughts. Thanks. :)

7. Gailelaine says:

Hurray! A champion of glamour!

Chapter heading; Simone de Beauvoir Was Totally Hot.
    “Say no to ho” and yes to eccentric glamour. …

So banish the badonkadonkdonk.
    Say no to ho!
    Pp. 1&4

Eccentric Glamour. Simon Doonan. S&S. 9781416535447. 2009.

8. Sage says:

Just for the record, I’ve always costumed conservative and have always dressed & makeup conservative in all circumstances. I even wear sensible shoes/boots/sneakers as appropriate to the situation/occasion — trust me I would have been arrested years ago in these United States of America if I didn’t. I always wear a one piece bathing suit and have a conservative covering when I get out of the swimming pool area and or ocean. Been married – what others considered desirable where not desirable to me because for what I consider ‘deal breakers’ — smoking, drugs, separated, because I didn’t feel safe/secure with them (which I consider good reasons).

Thanks for the reminder- most enjoyable!

9. Kamilla says:

Thank you matthew. YOU have tought me everything I need to know in this subject. Now I know what I want. Im gonna get my man. Women rules the world. Never forget. If you ever feel like talking. YOu have my mail.

10. Audra says:

Just have to say……LOVE THIS!!! Truth, invisibly cloaked (hee hee) with comedy.

One night dressed as anything I wanted?? Fitzwilliam Darcy!!!

11. Suzanne says:

I burnt my breakfast toast while watching this video, and by george, it was well worth it! Thanks for the fun, Matthew!

Happy Halloween!

12. Kelly says:

Hi Harry…I mean Matthew

Thanks for this great video. My sentiment exactly. Thank you for the affirmation that I am not completely from another planet. To me Halloween was always about a great disguise…so no one would able to tell it was you. It was also at times about being something scary. At university I would dress up as a clown…make my hair all big and spray it red…tonnes of makeup…definitely not sexy….a creepy skeleton…the process itself was part of the fun. Creativity and intelligence was also a bonus. I had a friend once who dressed up as a puppet theatre..big box, with the curtains…he would even put on a little Punch and Judy show if you asked. It was a little awkward for dancing, but definitely memorable. It wasn’t until I was in my late twenties that I thought there might be something wrong with me. I went to a big warehouse Halloween party in Toronto. I dressed up as Frankenstein, even put a big piece of foam under my jacket to give me a bit of a hunch….face was green, lips were black, hair sprayed black…no one could tell it was me. I had this nice boxy look about me. My boyfriend was something creepy as well and we had a blast getting ready. When I arrived at the party full of sexy devils, sexy cats etc. I thought for a moment that there must be something wrong with me (and all those years I thought I was normal :P) Anyways…a moment later I decided that I wouldn’t have it any other way!

The bar on outrageous is so high now that many things that should be saved for the bedroom are right out there in front of us. Believe me, I can do sexy if I want…but there is no way I am comfortable with the ‘2013’ version of Halloween sexy.

My 15 year old son was taking a look while I was watching this video. He admired your intelligence and ability to communicate your message so effectively. He agrees 100%. He also watched ‘brainal’ and found it both entertaining and educational.

Thank you!

Kelly

Oh yes….this year I might go as a TARDIS. My daughter and I are big fans of the BBC show ‘Dr. Who’. I already have my sonic screwdriver so the rest should be easy.

Happy Haunting:)

13. Janet says:

Is this what you really want to be on Halloween day or it’s because they say you look like Harry Potter? Anyways, it’s a nice twist, quite entertaining.

Bottomline, we should please ourselves and not for sake of shagging as it will lead to unwanted relationship.

Thanks, Mat! Cheers to you of respecting a woman!

14. Nany says:

Perfect!!!! I’m laughing until now! lol
    very, very funny Harry, ops! I meant Matthew!
    xx

15. Bec says:

Oh matthew!! Very funny, and a very good point.. thanks for the laugh :)

16. Sapphire says:

lol, very funny, love the harry potter :) xx

17. Stephi says:

Batman or a Mustard Bottle.

This video is hilarious!!! Thanks again Matt for providing wise words masked with humor. I shared this with several friends and a group of PAX women mostly because I was cracking up!

18. Clara66 says:

Love it! Good advice that made me laugh yet again. Guess I’d better tone down my zombie nurse outfit then ;)

19. Bashayer says:

Hi, I love your vids :)
    Thu i Get frustrated when you announce some kind of seminar/program ur having all the way in the states or UK for that matter :( when I’m all the way here in Bahrain -_- [country smaller than a dot on the map]
    Ow well main point of this comment is to tell you that u have many fans all over the world even in what are considerably the smallest countries :)
    Thank you for being one of the great motivators out there that simply give people the strength to go on and move forward in life ^_^

20. Angelina says:

wow I cant believe how cool you look in the potter costume, had fun watching this video. thanks Mathew

21. Jill says:

Almost forgot…I’ve never seen the Potter resemblance, maybe the eyes

22. Jill says:

I was just thinking girls dress as hoes but guys never dress as pimps or gigolos.

LMFAO!!!!!! You did Harry! I remember at your seminar- I mentioned you reminded me of Harry Potter and you frowned and I said, “I love Harry Potter- Daniel Radcliff!” I also mentioned people said I look like Whoopie, and you were sweet and said, ” I would never say that!” I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE this! It made me laugh a lot! I recently went to a Halloween party and dressed as Cleopatra but it seemed that quite a few of the ladies came ‘baring’gifts (If you follow me). Yes, women, girls and even younger girls are going for trampy…scampy…whatever! I hang out with a lot of guy- mostly guys… and women heard what they say afterwards most women would rethink the way they present themselves. Ladies, do you want a Lad or a Cad? You know we(women)secretly run the world. We can change the way men view us by changing how we present and view ourselves. Belgium– I have to go there—- I like seeing really scary Halloween costumes. It shows some effort was made to be original or artistic! I can see (and many guys too)trampy any old day of the week! Boobs, bellybuttons and ass, is not original- every chick has one! The only message you are conveying is——I WANNA GET LAID——–that’s it! Anyhoo… enough from me! MATTHEW I adore you for dressing up as Harry Potter!

REPOST cuz of mad typo’s..which happens when I am doing more than 3 things at once. LOL

• Michelle says:

I did it again. I hang out with a lot of guys and if women heard what they say about them they would be mortified. —-Continue reading…

LMFAO!!!!!! You did Harry! I remember at your seminar- I mentioned you reminded me of Harry Potter and you frowned and I said, “I love Harry Potter- Daniel Radcliff!” I also mentioned people said I look like Whoopie and you were sweet and said, ” I would never say that!” I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE This! It made me laugh a lot! I recently went to a Halloween party and dressed as Cleopatra but it seemed the quite a few of the ladies came ‘baring’gifts (If you follow me). Yes, women, girls and even younger girls are going for trampy…scampy…whatever! I hang out with a lot of guy, mostly guys… and if hear what they say afterwards most women would rethink the way they present themselves. Ladies, do you want a Lad or a Cad? You know we(women)secretly run the world. We can change the way men view us by changing how we present and view ourselves. and Belgium– I have to go there—- I like seeing really scary Halloween costumes. It shows some effort was made to be original or artistic! I can see (and many guys too)trampy any old day of the week! Boobs, bellybuttons and ass is not original- every chick has one! The only message you are conveying is——I WANNA GET LAID——–that’s it! Anyhoo… enough from me! MATTHEW I adore you for dressing up as Harry Potter!

25. Jessica says:

Hey Matthew,

Would you dress up as an “interesting, charismatic, sexy ketchup bottle” in a future video? Just to show us how it’s done? I have great confidence that you can pull it off, and personally I would be far more impressed by that than by a Harry Potter costume. . . You barely had to do anything except throw on some glasses and wash your hair! Also, since that was the zany, weird costume idea you had pop into your head for the video, I think it would be interesting to see how you wanted to dress up for your own amusement instead of giving in to what everyone else wanted ;) Thanks for considering my request (slash challenge!)

Cheers!

26. Melatron says:

Matthew Hussey says to not be a hussy.

27. Gabrielle Carolina says:

The philosophy you’ve stubbled upon is called “Female Chauvinist Pigs” and Ariel Levy wrote a great book with the same title. I’ve used it many times in my theory of women’s studies course & my psych of women course. I’m basing my thesis paper on the idea of Human > Female or Male, but if I could go for a second it would be on the psychology of women objectifying themselves and how we got there.

Oh Matt, this was a great video and I almost busted a gut when you magically turned into Harry Potter.

I am definitely out of the loop because I didn’t know prostitute dressing was so very popular for Halloween. I am still seeing adults in ghosts and goblins outfits. An adult neighbor runs by with a false hatchet in his head just for grins. We are still into gruesome. So it’s the same old same old Halloween in this neighborhood. Thanks for the updated info I will let the neighbors know next year it’s a brothel gear. Yes I am being cheeky.

Tootles,
    Alice

29. Bianca says:

It’s soooo true!
    I’m celebrating halloween here in Belgium, ad guess what, the scarier the costume is, the better! That’s what counts here!
    It’s so much more fun to dress up as a witch or a pumpkin, than to be dressed up slutty and trying to impress some guy…

30. Jill says:

I have thought the same thing for so long. I don’t understand why women choose to look like a stripper when there’s so many other options that are still sexy but not in a cheap way.
    This reminds me of the scene in the movie Crazy Stupid Love when Jacob tells Hannah he thinks she’s adorable and she replies No I am sexy I am R rated sexy. If you’ve seen the movie you will get it. Personally I would rather be told I’m adorable anyone can be “sexy”

31. DENISE says:

Matt, you look very cute as Harry Potter! I wasn’t expecting that!

32. Jess says:

Hahahahah! I wasn’t expecting to see Harry Potter.
    Anyway… I am from Brazil and I’ve been living in US for a couple of years and I can totally understand what you are saying. When I try to find a good costume there is only really slutty ones that show TOO much skin, which makes me uncomfortable (not because of my body, but because I’m not use to it); or funny ones that are ridiculous. My advice for the ladies is… try to find a balance. I would never go out as bottle of ketchup, it’s just not my style. Being sexy doesn’t mean show skin, it means confidence and good posture. It’s hard, but it’s still possible to find something cute and make it look hot and elegant with a good make up, hair style and posture. It’s not about the costume, but how you portray it!!
    PS: Ladies, if you want to show some skin than show your neck. It sounds weird, but the neck is one of the most sensible, elegant, and sexual places in the body. If you notice strong and female figures always show their neck, for example: flamenco dancers, Beyoncé,…

33. Kathleen says:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Really?!?!?!

• Kathleen says:

Oh, well that one went through, I suppose I said something
      wrong in my last comment…
      I love you Matthew Hussey, you are the BEST, you are wise beyond your years, you are so funny…blah blah blah.
      Why on earth would I want to look for a man when you are the absolute perfect specimen???

34. Eimi says:

Hey.. I went one year as Bob Dylan and I still got married to a way hot guy and we get to shag all the time… and have babies! it’s a wonderful thing… lol

35. Cori says:

I’m literally holding my side laughing! You’re awesome – I’ve never bothered to actually post anything – ever – but I couldn’t resist here. Thanks for the laugh, my football team is currently losing @ the moment so I saw your video during a timeout & am the only fan in a losing team jersey w/ a smile on her face. Thank you!

36. Faith says:

UM… I an now going out as a ketchup bottle. Definitely. And Matt you really do look like HP– I did’nt think so before but now…well you’ve opened the ketchup bottle…

37. Hidz says:

I fucking laugh myself off the roof! What the heck Matthew Hussey had decided to be!!! So unexpected. Hahahhaha I you cracked me Matth. Darn. Hey have a nice celebration at Hogswood! Luvyou!

38. Kamilla says:

hahaha I love you.

YOu know..if you ever get to sweden, we should meet. You may be a love guru. But you have lots to learn., Im a love godess. And Im only 26. ha!

• Kamilla says:

Im gonna be a vampire btw. Im gonna go old school. Im already born with one vampire tooth. Got the pasty complection and the haunting green eyes. I got a little black thing to wear. No hooker tho, nasty business. Its gonna be so much fun! Im gonna scare the crap out of everyone.

39. Sandra says:

Yesterday’s Halloween costume party, I dressed up as Mr. Peanut.

40. Sandra says:

Great advice. Thanks :)

41. Janice says:

ROTFLMAO! Thanks for the great laugh! I needed it!

42. Nofyah Shem Tov says:

I think women are more piggish than men.

43. Joyce says:

Oh Matthew… for a second there I thought you said boobiquitous rather than ubiquitous… only you could make it still sound classy and intelligent. Thanks for a laugh. Great message in this video by the way- spot on.

44. Petra says:

Hello Harry, I mean Matthew..LOL
    Thank you for the funny video..and if I don’t know better I would day that you are jealous of Harry Potter…hahaha
    I kind of feel sorry for the Americans, because they have only one day to be somebody else…and Halloween should be only for children….so, I heard…and this is where the girls wear the most skimpiest dresses, and the costume industry supports this idea…
    In my home country Germany, we have 6 weeks of slipping every weekend into another role at another Costume party,if we want to, which is awesome! We call that season ‘Fasching’ or carnival and ends on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday…
    And yes, most of my costume I made myself with sometimes some cleavage and a mini skirt…and I dressed like that to show off my great body and I felt like it, not because men want to see this…!
    I think, my best costume, however, was when I dressed like a Dandy, where I borrowed an old suit and a Fedora hat from my father and tried to be a man for a night…; )
    Most boys though realized very quickly that I was a girl, and thought that was actually very sexy to them…!
    So, Happy Halloween everybody, be what you want to be for one measly night here…; )

45. Tina says:

Well I frickin looooove halloween and I’ve never been a slutty anything because for me, i find it kind of boring, uncomfortable and generally just crap.But that being said I do love to give myself spectacularly humongous boobs for most of my costumes. It is dress up after all.

We already had our Halloween party and I was Enid Coleslaw from Ghost World (my favourite graphic novel). It was very popular with one of the two guys all the other girls were trying to get with. The evils I was getting when I was explaining my character to him (his costume was no good man- a hoodie and a mask. Wtf? Why did they want him?!).

Adding it to my long list of hallows eve awesomeness. Including: Latin gang member, Warriors gang member, Tura Satana, dead prom date 1983, Russ Meyer girl, and intergalactic fairy.

46. Mel says:

Errr did u wear a wig with ur Harry Potter attire or is that how ur hair really looks like when it’s “unstyled”? :P
    Anyways, wishing u a Happy Halloween in Slutty land!

P.S 1 : Do ppl really thk u look like HP?! Just because u’re both British?! :S #morons
    P.S 2 : U could’ve drawn on a fake scar Matt, COME ON!!! Attention to details! ;)

47. Mary Ellen Cuneo says:

I agree with you Matt! Last year I was invited to a Halloween party, didn’t have time to make a costume and I had a hell of a time finding a costume that wasn’t too short or low cut. I ended up having to purchase a vampiress costume meant for a teenager in order to get one long enough that I wouldn’t expose all my business if I tried to lean over. Fortunately I’m very petite, but a taller woman wouldn’t have that option. So my point is, some of the fault lies with The costume manufacturers who do not offer women any other option, and if you don’t have the creativity or time to make something yourself your left with overexposure.

48. Jenny says:

haha! You look great as Harry Potter! It quite suits you. I loved the costume. I’d still shag you Matt, you sexy Potter you!

49. Brigitte says:

Haha very nice Video Matt. Loved it…you are truly amazing and inspiring. And yes i totally agree with you. Why dress all slutty if you can be anything you want. Women have some more confidence in your inner sexiness :D

50. Akbota says:

Good afternoon

I am not a person who usually comments but I must say.

I moved to LA 2 weeks ago and last night I had my first ever LA Halloween.

That’s so true. Women do dress like that here. And that was shocking for me.
    And that’s true that it is hard to win a man’s attention amongst them. The only thing was on my mind is that the attention like that is not my level. And I was just having fun and dancing. What can you do hehe keep enjoying and stay classy. :)
    And thank you for this video. Because that’s annoying when women say that men get them down. It’s us ladies! Let’s treat ourselves in a way we want to be treated by men.

Have an amazing day up there everybody
    A.

• Rivka says:

You’re confirming my thought that it must be an LA thing, because where I grew up on the East Coast only children dressed up for Halloween,and where I live now on the West Coast, some adults do, but in modest costumes.

51. Virginia says:

You ARE Harry Potter! You work magical wonders in the dating world! LOVE THIS VIDEO!

52. Evelyn says:

I just wanted to thank you for your amazing videos. I am now 20 years old and I’ve been watching your videos for some time now even before you came to the US. Great costume! by the way hahaha. With that said, I think the reason why women dress slutty for Haloween is that the media is very influential here in the US. It brainwashes people into buying products they don’t need and dictates our social norm. So when women go out and buy their costumes, they are more bound to get a slutty one because they are taught to believe that is what men want. So thank you for challenging that misconception. You just made my costume decision so much easier.

53. Judy says:

Hahaha. Well said! I totally agree. Thanks for finally laying to rest the Harry Potter thing. Now I have a visual image. :)

54. Kate says:

I have a different perspective. When I dress in a way that’s considered “sexy”, etc., I do it for myself. Its my way of saying “This is MY body. No one is entitled to do anything to it without my consent, regardless of what entitlements other people may *think* they have based off how I dress.”

It’s the point many of my female friends are making as well, and the point of Slutwalk: It’s not about how someone is dressed, and it never should be! That perception/perspective is part of rape culture, and should never be confused as a “mixed signal” or “mixed message” being given just for wearing certain things any particular way. As evidence of America shows, it really doesn’t matter what women wear. Men who perpetuate rape culture will interpret it how they want to suit their needs, because it’s more about what it means to *them* than what it means to the female wearing it.

So if I wear what’s considered “sexy” on ANY given night, it *is* in fact because that’s how I want to look to fly in the face of societal expectations and perceptions. Fortunately I’m lucky enough to have a partner who totally gets it and supports me in doing so.

• Rumors says:

Very good point…

• E says:

“As evidence of America shows, it really doesn’t matter what women wear. Men who perpetuate rape culture will interpret it how they want to suit their needs, because it’s more about what it means to *them* than what it means to the female wearing it.” Tru dat.

After I was, lets call it accosted, at what people would say is a respectable job, I overheard a male bystander say “well she shouldn’t have been wearing a skirt and then it wouldn’t have happened to her”. The skirt I was wearing was a solid half inch above my knee, and if I’m not mistaken I was also wearing tights. Man what a slut I was (sarcasm).

I can see how sometimes it can be confusing to guys based on what they may have been taught. And I completely get a guy could want a girl who dresses conservatively. I want a guy like that because that’s how I dress. But just because a girl dresses “sexy” or “slutty” in public (at whatever level that is to the person assigning the title), doesn’t mean she wants any guy in the near vicinity to jump her.

Just like if a guy has a full beard I don’t automatically assume he’s a lumberjack ;)

• Rivka says:

Matthew is NOT supporting rape culture, neither here, nor anywhere else.

55. Paige says:

This Halloween i am going dressed as demeter (it is a great plus to a guy who guesses it and knows their greek gods). I did have to make it myself because I agree as others have that there is way too many trashy slutty costumes to dig through. But I would like to add one observation here: my most intelligent accomplished friends dress the sluttiest. They explain it as it is one time of the year that they can feel “feminine”. They work successfully in male dominated fields so they don’t get to be sexual, then all the year’s sexy piles into one night. That is who they want to be for that night because they can’t be that way the rest of the year. So question to who are reading this: Aren’t the prostitute costumes a result of female’s desire to be sexualized after they work on depressing it all year?

• Kate says:

I agree: Women are given two options in this culture. In psychology it’s known as the madonna/whore complex. Women are either viewed as one or the other; suppressing their sexuality to gain the respect of men, or being viewed as a slut/whore for owning their sexuality. Sadly there is no in between.

• Rivka says:

I’m sad that they have to dress as a Haloween slutty cat or whatever, in order to feel sexy. Me? I feel sexy all the time.

56. Jess says:

I’m sooo happy you dressed as Harry Potter!! Made my day :)

57. Lavinia says:

Mat,

You make a wonderful point. Thank you for challenging my gender. I see the male perspective and I fully agree. By the way, very creative costume. Well done!!

That was just a great ending. Thanks for the smile.

59. Kooky says:

THANK YOU HERO .
    I don’t know what to say , but you made this sunday funny for me . i couldn’t stop laughing .
    because of my friends now I know what I should wear like . of course ALIEN . thank you again for making me happy .
    may god make all your days be like you .full of peace ,love and happiness .
    THANK YOU HERO , I MEAN Harry Potter .
    ;D :D :D

60. Erin says:

I agree if you dress hyper-sexually for guys on Halloween, you may attract the non-relationship type, but some women aren’t doing it for guys, and dressing sexually IS what they want to do be doing.

I dressed up one year as Little Red Riding Whore. I’m sure someone in the history of the world has thought of that costume besides me, but at the time it popped into my head I thought it was hilarious. I wore a long red dress, a cape, and carried condoms in my picnic basket. My dress still covered everything, and no one probably would have gotten the “whore” part unless they took enough time to look in the picnic basket.

I wore it because I’m fairly conservative in “real life” and I wanted to do something different. So different that I had to borrow the condoms because I had no use for any (and still wouldn’t until way into a relationship). And I never have, and can’t see myself, actually ever calling anyone a whore. I wasn’t doing it for guys, or to attract attention. It was almost ironic, or something.

I’ve also dressed as a goth rocker, and a shadow (dress all in black-simple!)

As for what costume I’d want to see a guy in: I don’t know. Maybe Sherlock Holmes? Since I like “smart”. Otherwise I like a down-to-Earth guy in jeans and a t-shirt, so really he could just surprise me and do whatever he wanted.

• Kate says:

I love that costume idea, Erin! It reminds me of a friends costume years ago: She dressed as the “Goddes of STD’s”, haha! She wore a simple, classy/classic black turtleneck and pin skirt, and had two mugs. One contained Hershey’s kisses, and the other small slips of paper. When people went up to say hello, she’d say. “Have a kiss!”, and hold out the Hershey’s kisses. Then she’d say “Choose your gift.” holding out the other mug while smiling *so* sweetly. Each slip of paper was the name of an STD.

Clever, simple, and made people think! ;-)

• Rumors says:

Very good point. As I said before Halloween is a good time of the year to wear things you usually wouldn´t and experiment.

61. yangease says:

I just had to comment this time..never have before, I love the Harry Potter Costume! Love Harry Potter! hahahahhah

62. G.J.S. says:

Well done M!

63. Vicki says:

Yes, it is confusing, but when I dressed up as a scary, ugly witch, no one
    aked me to dance. Same thing when I went as William Wallace. So last year, I went as a female pirate, and I got
    asked to dance. And I dressed modestly, covered from head to toe; I just didn’t want to go as a scary, ugly pirate and get ignored. Remember, when we go to a party, we are competing with all the slutty witches and pirates for attention, too. So what are we supposed to do when we
    would like to meet a handsome pirate?

64. Kathleen says:

Hey Matthew,
    Just wanted to say, nice video, the Harry Potter thing was a bit on the scary side.
    Anyhow I went to the costume shop the other day with a friend of mine and while there all I could think while looking at the female costumes was “where is the rest of it?”
    I mean come on, there was absolutely nothing to them at all.
    I felt, in my opinion, they were a bit degrading.
    Here is a list of the costumes I looked at in the womans
    section
    SEXY VAMPIRE
    SEXY NURSE
    SEXY ZOMBIE… LOL yes even zombies are sexy.
    SASSY NINJA
    SEXY SCHOOL GIRL…that is disturbing!!!
    oh and my most favorite of the day…
    SASSY RICK GRIMES of The Walking Dead…WTF!!! this is a zombie apocalypse!!! I did think for a second “I’d rather think it be sexy to see Andrew Lincoln in this get up.”
    here is a link
    As for my costume…well I’m just not sure anymore….

65. Randa says:

Yep, I recon I was one of the bunch that went through 3 halloweens as slutty something (leopard, Mrs. Lovett, and Lady Gaga) along with the other half of the character who’d be my boyfriend at the time (either weird looking leopard, Sweeny Todd or Michael Jackson) and actually made the costumes myself. Here in Spain, slutty was not at all a tendency until last year, the year IIIII decided to stop slutting myself up (simply because it just bored me! And I wanted something more original haha) So I decided to dress up as a Minion from Gru. No slutty whatsoever! (As soon as I find my pictures from last year I’ll post it here or whatever) And guess what? That night I met the guy that was my boyfriend for the past year ^_^ I was on my own with my “slutty” costumed girlfriends looking as funny and ridiculous as possible enjoying myself all the way until a male Minion came up to me! hahaha probably the funnest night ever. So yeah totally agree with Matt here. Sure if you want to dress up slutty for the fact of dressing up slutty or because you want to dress up slutty then, as we say here, ADELANTE! but don’t do it to impress anyone, just be sure to dress in a way you’ll enjoy yourself! :)

66. Leslie says:

I just had to comment this time..never have before, but I just so thoroughly enjoy your videos..they are so clever!:) Thanks for the regular dose of humor along with the encouragement for us to value ourselves…it means more than you know!

67. Addie says:

Love, love, love.

68. Anjali says:

If you search for women’s halloween costumes online, most of what comes up are slutty, tight fitting outfits. An interesting question would be how did it start? Did women request these outfits, or did the costume manufacturers imposed them onto women? Either way, I don’t see anybody protesting it, so the sexy costumes are here to stay. It is kind of a testament to self-objectification that’s taken over. Women thinking they can only stand out through raw sex appeal.

69. Carmel says:

One year I went as slutty evil Snow White. I didn’t feel comfortable so I ended up wearing swords as well to make my costume kickass like you see in some anime cartoons/comics. Other years before that, I would dress up in funny costumes such as the grandma carrying the baby, The Crow, and other things like that. When I was in preschool all the way up until I was in 2nd grade, I asked my mom if I could be a princess, but no….. she insisted on me being a clown. I had the angriest clown pictures 4-5 years. Then when 3rd grade hit, I started wearing funny costumes and I would win the school’s Halloween costume contests in y grades. It was awesome and none of the princesses ever won. I got more attention/compliments because it was original. As an adult, at 28, I still find Halloween to be fun and you can be anyone you want to be and that’s the fun part! In the last few years, I’ve been a yellow teletubby, hamburglur, Jake the Dog (since my nephew was Finn), and this year I will finally be Velma from Scooby Doo. I don’t understand why people have drawn her to be slutty in comics. Must be her chest. Anyway. I am excited and can’t wait for next Halloween. I would like to thank my mom though for not dressing me up like everyone else.

70. H says:

This is so spot on! I love your costume…hilarious!

71. Anna B says:

That was so great! Ahaha :D
    I love ur videos :)

72. carla says:

Honestly, if i could dress up like i want I’d dress up as Maggie from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, the Liz Taylor version, obviously. personally i feel sexier dressed in what is quite conservative by today’s standards. sex kittens should purr, not roar…and the likes of liz taylor and audrey hepburn worked that in the ultimate way.

73. HH says:

Excellent point. Personally, I’d rather draw attention to myself with a clever, original costume. But that’s a personal choice. I would argue that, in an ideal world, the way a woman presents herself – whether it be as a katsup bottle or a slutty vampire prostitute – shouldn’t have any affect on whether or not she’s objectified.

I do agree that women shouldn’t go as sexy something just because they think that’s “what men want.” But I think it’s also important to remember that some women really do want to go dressed as a slutty vampire prostitute, and if that’s the case, they shouldn’t be objectified any more than the women wearing a katsup bottle.

74. Rivka says:

Could there be a regional difference in what people wear for Halloween, a difference from one part of the US to another? Because I used to live in a small town in the East Coast, and did NOT see prostitute costumes there.

75. Verónica says:

Oh my! You sure look like Harry Potter! hahahahah that’s awesome! I agree… I as a Spaniard love carnival and we celebrate it but we sure don’t “sluttify” all costums at all. I don’t see the point of dressing up as something but in a slutty way, should be fun or scary or ok, sexy as well if the costum requires it, but why make a sexy version of every costume? If I want to dress up as Maria Antoniette I would like to wear the full gown, not a playboy version of it lol.

76. Toi says:

YASSS Hussface I love it! I have not stopped laughing since I saw Harry Potter’s blonde doppleganger. No Voldemort scar though, I see…

Anywho, i’d probably want my guy to dress up like a favorite TV/movie character like Chandler Bing, Puss in Boots or Thor. I like capes, I guess.

This is my favorite of all your videos!
    You are so right about the slutty costumes women wear on Halloween. I couldn’t agree more.
    But dressing up as Harry Potter made my day! So fun because you look just like him! LOL

78. Jo says:

Oh Matt, you managed to make Harry Potter sexy….actually I’m lying, even you can’t pull that one off hehe. Oh and please don’t wave your magic wand at me like that, it might inadvertantly go off haha.

Have a good one. Happy Halloween.

Jo x

79. Katrina says:

It’s funny because there is a lot of ‘prostitute-wear’ on Halloween, from boys and girls, but growing up in a very passionate trick-or-treat city in Canada, I can say that there is also a huge part of the population that put together the most hilarious, absurd costumes. One girl I remember went to the bar as a giant gumball machine. I have a male friend that went as a toaster… every detail in place, and this costume became a legend. I think your video rings true for some parts of the population, or maybe what you’re saying is more relevant in the United States… but I’m here to say that hilarious and original costumes most definitely haven’t died and are what makes Halloween still, a charming night.

• Kate says:

I went to the biggest gay bar in Seattle for their costume contest (because it was known as the place to see the best costumes) and the guys who won weren’t the slutty ones. It was a guy who’d dressed up as a washing machine. LITERALLY a washing machine: He’d altered it with a welder and was wearing a washing machine, walking around all night. It was pretty damn awesome, lol. :-D

• Katrina says:

Exactly! haha that’s what Halloween is all about, the funny and original ones will always win over a crowd. Your sense of humor can shine on Halloween.

p.s. Washing machine costume? Epic.

80. Marian says:

It’s the kids who dress up, not the adults. I’ve never seen a woman dressed up on Hallowe’en as a prostitute.
    Where did that come from? Is that the way they dress in L.A.?

81. Yaro says:

Before I liked you but after this video I’m really deeply inlove with you <3 <3 <3

82. Rumors says:

I totally love you beeing Harry Potter!!!!!! And don´t lie, we all know that it´s really you, Potter, trying to get a muggle life.

About this video I totally agree about the thing that everyone can be sexy as a prostitute-something. It´s nice to try the limits and see what happen if you are dressed as a Teletubbie. But there is one thing I don´t agree Matt: maye these women just one a one-nigth thing and this is the perefect time of the year to be so explicit about that.

Let´s be real, woman are not this saint criature that allways is looking for the love of their lifes. Sometimes we want just a little adventure. Or maybe just explore how the limits of their provocation with costumes. You know, try to explore the more naugthy part of themselves in the one nigth of the year it will not be weird if they do.

And no, I have never dressed as a prostitute-something in Halloween (that time when I was dressed as a fallen angel I think i was not slutty, but who knows if for others standars it was…) but I do believe that sometimes a little bit of wildness is not so bad.

About the question of the day I gueess I would be a Disney princess. Yes, too typical but since I was 4 years old I REALlY want to try that. It would be great to be Khalessy or someone from Game of Thrones.

83. Paula says:

Sadly as mentioned by Rivka is that the market only provides slutty costumes. The only thing you can do is make your own costume which can be time consuming. I made myself a sword fish costume once with the help of my mom. I rented out a knight costume, which was about $50 for a night. So yes it’s possible to not be slutty but the industry makes it so easy to be slutty and maybe someone should invent a non slutty costume company

84. Agostinha Jacinto says:

OMG!your hair down…haahhahaha! So funny!
    Love u!

85. Sharlene says:

So where’s your “sexy ketchup bowl” costume, Matthew???

Thanks for this video. I had a great belly giggle at the end. :)

86. Mara says:

My guy and I are going as Fry and Leela from Futurama, because my nephew (who we’re taking to trick-or-treat before the adult fun begins) wanted to be the robot from ‘that space show with the old guy.’ :D Forget sexy, I’m going to be a cyclops!

87. phoenix says:

Thank you, Matt! I’ve always thought that you and Daniel Radcliffe looked similar and you’ve totally made my day dressing up as Harry Potter. :)

88. Sainara says:

Right?! That is confusing! I agree and I am a woman.
    Just a way to dig ourselves into a deeper hole making it harder to get a man because we might end up with that one night stand and then next day *surprise surprise*, guy leaves and we begin asking ourselves AGAIN why we can’t get a man to stick around.
    *Sigh* Doubling that sigh… *sigh*

I think the only place we should be dressing up in a prostitute costume is if we were doing role-play with a man we are in a long-term relationship with. I’m old fashioned. So what?

Funny video too!

89. Rivka says:

You should wear round glasses more often!!

90. Rivka says:

I should add that, these are the costumes that are widely available, so it’s possible that a lot of women are just wearing it because it’s what’s out there, it’s what they saw over and over again in the store or online.

91. Pam Love says:

I just this morning… a mere 2 hours ago… finished reading a book called, “The Gender Knot” by Allan G. Johnson, talking about patriarchy and how all of us, men and women alike, are complicit in perpetuating it. Thank you for this Halloween video… it is spot on. I hope you have the opportunity to reiterate the message in your sessions on the Today show.

92. Erin says:

YES! ALL OF THIS! A few years ago, my then bf dressed as the painter Bob Ross, and I (jokingly, and mocking the trend) went as a “Sexy Easel,” which meant that I was wearing fishnet stockings with otherwise completely conservative clothes, and I made a wooden frame to wear around my neck with a painted canvas in the middle. It was either going to be that, or a “Sexy Tree.” Easel was easier.

93. SP says:

Very true. I get why you’d still want to look nice but I went out last night and the desperation from some women to get noticed is really sad! This women dressed as a ‘prostitute vampire’, as you would say, had blood running down her boobs. That desperate attention-seeking is, in itself, incredibly unattractive.

I like the ketchup bottle test idea!

94. Rivka says:

Oh man. We were having a discussion about this on the forum I frequent. http://www.aspiescentral.com/blogs/ghoulbler/1086-feminist-rant-halloween-costumes.html
    I’m adding a mention of your video to that discussion, Matt.

95. Annama says:

This is your funniest video by far! Great work Matt! :D

96. Plamena says:

And you look sexy with that costume by the way! ;)

97. Sheila says:

Ha ha ha, just when I thought you couldn’t be any cuter– now this!

Keep the great messages coming.

98. Plamena says:

Hahhaha that was interesting! I would like my guy to be dress up like superhero or medieval gentleman or marine :)
    I wouldn’t be dressed as prostitute for sure:) x

Pam

99. Alena says:

Hey Matt!
    Fabulous way to start the day with a funny video from you. You’re message was right as usual. Was hoping you would have been a “prostitute Harry Potter”. Maybe topless with a sequined wand cover ;)
    Have a fantastic week!!

~Alena

100. rivy says:

i think im in love with you right now…well i’ve always been….you have made amy fantasy of seeing you as harry potter come true…well technically i never really had on but if i did…this would be it

Brainal Bloopers! + Why We Shot This…

(If you're yet to see last week's video 'Brainal', be sure to check it out before watching the below). We...