What A Difference A Year Makes

It’s been an amazing year for my team and I. With this video I want to stop by to say hello, to say thank you for making happen all that you have, and to reflect on the year and tell you some of the things I’ve learned along the way.

Leave a comment below and tell me one thing you’ve done this year that you appreciate, as well as one thing you’ve learned.

293 Responses to What A Difference A Year Makes

1. Kasia says:

Thanks Matthew! :)
    This year you tought me never to loose oportunities!
    I just fell for the guy that was teaching me italian and I was sooooo crazy about him! I decided to keep fighting for him, to take my chances! And guess what… I didn’t get him after all, but I can’t say I’ve lost! I won something much more! Somehow, while trying to get him, I learned that italian language and… next year I’m going to start my great adventure and study in Italy! :) Think how I could give up at the very beginning& run away, just because I was afraid of fail! Maybe I didn’t get exactly what I was expecting, but I can honestly say I’m the happiest girl in the world right now! :) As for him, we’re good friends now!

2. joy says:

Tanx matthew, u are d best thing that happen to me this year. u really boost my love life. I now know were I do go wrong when dealing with guy. Tanx a lot. merry xmas and a happy new year. Greetings from Nigeria.

3. Coral says:

You are the cutest man ever ,i honest to god would never hesitate if i had the chance to spend a day with you ,just listening to your wisdom and caressing voice,i’m IN love with what you represent as a men to me,you really helped me through my enormous breakup of my life ,definitely my worst phase ever,THANK YOU<3

4. Geneviene says:

it was a great video, and all your videos have helped me so much! This year has been a significant year for me in terms of personal achievements. I have become more confident, self-assured and able to communicate better as well as understand people better.
    Wishing you and your team all the best for the new year

5. Catherine says:

I hear what you’re saying about relationships, how important they are, and how much work they require. Thank you so much for all the hard work you and your team put into coaching! I really enjoy your articles and videos! This past year wasn’t the greatest but I’m hoping to change that! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

P.S. I think the “scruff” is cute!;)

6. jess says:

Hey Matt :)
    Thanks for teaching me things that I didn’t know. Sence I’m disabled on my right side, I’ve learned that I can still be a great, amazing person to other people. my confidence is alot better than 10 mounths ago. I have a hard time talking with people still cause all that I know is nolige, But im working on being fun and sexy haha. So thank and I hope that you have a wonderful year :)

7. Kate says:

Hey Matt,

First of all, thanks for what you’re doing. I’ve never had problems to get a guy tho your advises make me stronger and better person, high value woman, good partner.
    This year has been amazing for me. My life has changed completely, I’m having the time of my life as well! I found a great job, moved in to another country, broke up with my boyfriend that i had been dating for 3,5 year and met tons of wonderful people.

I applied for a flight attendant and it was the best decision ive ever taken. Since January 2012 im not living in Slovakia anymore, im enjoying every singe day, travelling a lot, meeting different people and lots of guys. Its not very easy to find one that is able to follow my lifestyle. Tho recently i met really great guy with just a small problem – he’s got a girlfriend. I’m not giving up – at the time he started to date her he didnt know me and i can see he likes me a lot, we went out few times, he always msgd me like 10 min later after our meeting saying how great it was.. Now hes on 2 weeks holidays so nothing s going on. What should i do in my situation? I dont want to be one that destroys happiness of other people but completely opposite one. But i need to show him that i am better than the other girl and its really worth it to be with me.. ;) Please, help me with this..

your follower
    Kate

Hi Kate,

My job on this blog is to empower women and help them avoid the pain that comes from making mistakes in their love lives. By showing you how to get this guy not only would I be causing pain to a woman I don’t know but I would be landing you a guy that a cheater. No one wins. Remember high value women aren’t mistresses and they deserve loyal men.

8. Michelle Woolnough says:

I’m in the process of getting to know a guy who’s become my best friend. He’s in a band and I follow them so much now. He’s really amazing.

Matthew, hi :)
    I just wanted to thank you for motivating me and giving me confidence; I just found out about you and your crew over a month ago and you guys truly helped.

There’s this guy I really like and all I did for the past months is look at him and he would always catch me— it’s like he knows I want to talk to him, and I do.. But we just can’t. We both seemed shy. Really shy. Matthew + ‘get the guy’ you taught me how to approach a guy and how to be the one choosing, not the one to be chosen. I can’t wait to see him again and actually do something about it.

I became more cheerful and ‘not-boring'(?). I’m able to make great conversations not just with guys but also with my friends and famillies! And I thank you!

Have a Merry Christmas ‘Get the guy’ crew and Matthew! I’ll be with you guys all the way (:

10. Crystal Toussaint says:

Hey Matthew,
    I have to thank you for all you wise advice i have learned a lot, looking back in my pass i realized the mistakes i have done in my decision making in guys. i even told my mother about you and she thinks its a great thing you doing.
    I hoping that next year I wouldn’t be in the same position as this year, but my gold next year is to say yes to more offers according to you, well good ones, you have to be wise right?,I have been following you for maybe a month now,I tried your eye contact advice and i got some great results but i got a little scared. so lets hope next year i would be brave! Thank you and Enjoy the holiday season,
    P.S Wish You can visit Trinidad where I’m From, its beautiful here I’m sure it be a great vacation spot for you. :)

11. Adri says:

1 thing I have done this year? Cry.
    1 thing I have applied from wathcing your videos for the past 4 months? Confidence.
    Has it worked to attract guys? Yes.
    Have I been in a relationship after , or even before this? No.
    Reason? I am scared; very scared. =(

Hi Adri,

I’m happy that watching the videos has helped you with your confidence. Fear is a huge issue for all of us to deal with, there are no easy answers but I hope that through this journey we can work on it together.

12. Alex says:

Hello Matt:

My name is Alexandra and I’ve been watching your videos and reading your blog every time I had a chance for the past couple of months. I was born in Venezuela but moved to America and boy, so far, it has been one hell of a ride. Not only I am at a point in life where my dreams and ambitions can come true, but also I feel as if I’ve finally let myself enjoy from learning as I get older and wiser.

I’ve always wanted to comment on your videos and letters but I’m still working on expressing myself the best way I can. I decided that I couldn’t take more time to avoid what I wanted to say and so I’m being courageous to write and putting my words out there.

Several things happened this year that have shaped my entire outlook on life forever. I hit a low point by being with someone who used me and disrespected me in so many levels that I’m still suffering the consequences. I left that toxic relationship a few months ago and started building relationships with new friends and old family members. As I opened up with others about my struggles and victories I started healing the most important relationship one can have in the whole world, the one with your own self. Through this discovery journey I figured out what career path I want to pursue, I started defining my own values and beliefs system and surprisingly my so called love life became way better and richer in experiences. Flirting it’s no longer a death sentence and talking with strangers delights me nowadays.

I know I still have a long way to go. I’m only 22 years old but today I have the confidence to say that I’ll be okay as long as I keep cultivating acceptance, perseverance, self-love, compassion, humility, forgiveness and overall positivity. I feel in charge of my reality and having this kind of security has unlocked a lot of doors for the future.

Thank you and all the members of your team for sharing with us amazing advice and meaningful hard work. In those times when I felt so hopeless and frustrated I knew I could count on your videos and words to cheer myself and continue moving forward. The next step for me will be finding a way to give back and help more people by sharing my life story…

I’m so excited for the new projects to come for all the people in this community.

Merry Christmas and an exciting New Year.
    Much Love,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for sharing a part of your story with me, it means a lot. It seems you have come a long way this year and I wish you continued success on your journey in 2013.

13. Cheryl says:

Hi, Matt thank you for your wisdom shared over the year. I’m happy for you having the best time of your life right now, you deserve it!
    From April this year, I made a plan- going out every weekend till december , meeting people (mostly guys, lol) with open mind, in hoping that I could find the right one. Plus I also give this time for myself to find my true passion for my future career. ( btw, I turned 26 last month and I’m currently an accountant) .. So, after all the bars, drinks and wonders with cigarettes over balcony , I’m here still single , with lots of unamed or named phone numbers, which i could not bother to take the time to delete.. Matt, I’m sick of going out meeting ‘strangers'( a.k.a going on a date) it’s all the similar routine, you going out, out of 10 guys trying to talk or filter or whatever, you give your numbers to 2 or 3 of them. The next day or so, they call you for an ‘amazing’ place to eat ( that what they always call, but most likely jz some ordinary fine dining) and then having those introductory conversation. the guys are, some funny, some very successful, some younger and some are even fraking marriaged. but they are all smooth talker, a bit of play boy and after for one thing. and you know they all end up the same, it didn’t go anywhere further than average 4 weeks. And Matt, trust me I always try to make it fun or different, every time. But after all these people, now I’m sitting here thinking, I jz couldn’t be borthered no more ! I know you gonna say be positive and don’t give up.. I won’t. but i come this thought, maybe you disagree, in our time, people are all too busy with too many distractions, we are all quite satisfied independent individuals. we can be happy with A jz as much as with B. long lasting relationship become really rare. because we dont really need anyone! yes, from time to time, we feel a bit longly, but we can easily find another C for company for a while. this probably sounds really negaive and twisted. but i believe you can understand what i mean. On the other hand, I do have some real progress about what I’m gonna do for finding my true passion. Right now, I think I should jz work on my own battles first, work hard and be happy and successful! How do you think of that :)

• gettheguy says:

“i come this thought, maybe you disagree, in our time, people are all too busy with too many distractions, we are all quite satisfied independent individuals.”

People want distractions BECAUSE they are lonely, they don’t have meaning, and they don’t have something to really drive them. Finding the right partner can help with all of these things. And remember, people who are satisfied, independent individuals are the BEST at having relationships.

Thanks for commenting!

14. Amy says:

HI, Matthew! Lots of things happened this year. I’m reinventing myself and have included some new people in my life. Absolutely agree with you that relationships change our lives. Life is more fun now although I’m still single. I’ve always reminded myself to strike a work-study-life balance. I’m very happy for you, Matthew. Can’t wait to read your book. Am sure more successes will come to you!

I have learned that it is ok to let go of the past and all of the things that I did or didn’t do. I try to approach guys I think are cute but have learned that sometimes I am unsure what to say. Do you have any tips Matt? I would also like to know how I can get attraction and what I can say to a guy I like that I have talked to already.

16. Lucy says:

Hey Matt,

One thing I have done this year that I appreciate is starting a gratitude journal.
    I have been doing the FTTMR program and have learned some great tips so thank you. I have found that at times I still don’t know what to say to a guy. Any advice?

Hi Lucy,

Find one thing about them that sticks out or that you’ve noticed (for example his shoes, laugh, haircut) and tell him how much you like it. Everyone loves getting a compliment.

17. Pauline says:

Hey Matt,
    I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for all you have done because you have helped me a lot. Thanks to you I have one of the best guys in the world. You have helped me gain confidence and believe I can do things and not just sit and watch things happen. I hope you have a wonderful year.

Pauline

18. Sandra says:

This sounds strange, but I’m so proud of you and your work!
    what I’ve done that I’m proud of has to be that I have made ​​a plan of what to do with my life ..
    Next year I am moving from Norway to London to go to university.
    I’m very happy with this decision even though my parents are less happy about it… anyway .. looking forward to your book, but you can buy it online?

Love you lots xx

Hi Sandra,

The book is available for pre order on Amazon right now and will be released January 31st. Thanks for your support!

19. Briony says:

I actually met a guy and things have been going very well. I knew that one day it would happen but I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you so much for inspiring me. Since I first saw this website I have become much more secure with who I am.

Life is pretty crazy; I’ll never understand it. My life isn’t going to get easier or less hectic anytime soon, but for once I don’t care. I’m happy and that’s all that counts. Nothing else matters, and logic is ridiculous when it come down to matters of the heart. I know I’ll make it because I have learned to trust myself. I think my first New Year’s resolution will be to have more fun because I know I deserve it. :)

20. Marissa says:

Hey Matthew,

I’ve been following you for almost two years now, and I’d like to thank you for all the work you’ve been doing. I finished the FTTMR program and feel like I’ve learned SO much from it and it has given me so much new perspective.

This year I graduated from college, and a few months ago I uprooted myself and moved to Washington, DC. It has been kind of overwhelming and I’ve been so busy that I haven’t been able to make as much progress in my love life as I’d have liked. I need to work on putting your advice into practice by talking to lots of people, which is normally scary for me!

One thing I learned this year is to not lower my standards for a guy just because I THINK I like him, because this will never end well, and I learned it the hard way!

Thanks again for everything! Come back to the East Coast sometime!!

Hi Marissa,

I’m glad that you are realizing your high value! Keep up the great work. I hope to be out on the east coast soon!

• Amy says:

Hi, Marissa. Absolutely side with you on that line: not lower my standards for a guy just because I THINK I like him.
      Take care!

21. mcecelia2 says:

This year I finally got myself back into the dating world and since I am disabled and not working and home so much, I decided to try online dating. I realized that no matter how smart you are, there are many men out there who are just out to take your money and that’s all they are in it for. Unless of course its one night of sex. So I am quickly learning what not to do. Question is, what to do. Still very lonely and want a relationship with a man. Maybe next year. Am confident you will help me. I am far too trusting. M

• gettheguy says:

There are many men out there who aren’t in it for the right reasons just as there are many women who aren’t but the fact that your brave enough to be here in the first place and learning this material means that the results will come. Lets make it happen together! x

22. Tiril says:

This year has been a special one in the terms of relationships. my parents are divorced (my dad have had three wifes)and my mom is in a sort of relationship with a horrendous guy because of his money. watching them both wither because of bad relationships(especially this year has been bad for them) I still find myself believing in happily ever after. I`d like to think that I will not make the same mistakes in marriage as my parents did, but history tends to repeat itself…
    watching your videos and hearing about your achievments gives me hope! I am certain I will meet great guys in the future and one day I will meet my future husband too(hopefully only husband)

Hi Tiril,

Being able to recognize the pitfalls of bad relationships is the first defense against having one yourself. Your knowledge and insight is bound to steer you clear of any guy that’s not worthy of you.

23. Princess says:

This year has been one of trying new things and yes it hasn’t always been easy but I have tried stepping out of the little parochial bubble in which I sometimes live!! I have definitely started to care less what people think of me- which is really liberating and yes have made alot of mistakes but this is where you often learn most.Perhaps the biggest lessons from the year has been to expect the unexpected and NOT to judge other people. This is something we can all learn from but I have made some friends in very unexpected places and who in the past I would have overlooked. Have a fab Christmas,
    Princess x

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your lessons from the past year! Trying new things isn’t easy for any of us but I’m very happy that you’ve reaped great rewards from it.

24. Danni says:

2012 turned out to be a great year for me! My relationships with my friends and family just seem to be getting stronger and I have a strong appreciation for how beautiful that aspect of my life is. I got a new job by working hard and smart, being a team-player but also planning for and pursuing my goals.

I did this with a relationship too – but as it turned out working for something doesn’t always get you what you want. So I had one hiccup on the relationship front… Someone I thought could have been a love interest turned out to be a player. As much as I blame him for misleading behaviour, I was silly for letting him treat me poorly longer than I should have i.e. at all! For me the signs were subtle, but in retrospect, they probably weren’t. I just didn’t want to see them and the false hope was better than no hope at the time. I didn’t have the self-awareness to recognise when my boundaries were being crossed by this guy and I know his boundaries were clearly up – everything was on his terms! And because I was more worried about impressing him than whether he respected me (and showing I respected myself) I took longer to move on than I should have and my self-esteem took a bit of a beating in the process.

I was super disappointed that just because you choose to treat others well doesn’t mean they operate by the same moral compass and will treat you well too. This doesn’t have to be a heavy lesson to learn though, I learned that I was forgetting my responsibility to treat myself well regardless of anyone else. I’ve smartened up now and hope to put what I’ve learned into practise with the next relationship. I hate the idea of ‘the games’ people play in relationships and if I see any signs, instead of playing along next time, I hope I’ll realise that’s just not the relationship for me and happily let that fishy go.

My lesson for 2013: if it’s not good for you, let it go. You have to in order to be open and available for something awesome!

Hi Danni,

Thanks for sharing with everyone. I agree that you have to open and available for something awesome to happen and I think its a great slogan for 2013!

25. Hannah says:

Well, what I have done this year: I graduated from High School (with exellent grades, I worked my butt off for it) and I moved to Granada, Nicaragua to work at a circus school… :D

And Matt, I am thinking about writing a huge mail to you because of my current situation… The men here are diffrent (a lot) and in one of your viseos you talk about how you have to learn to profit from your passions… I have no Idea how to do that… If that´s not too much trouble…

26. C says:

Matt, are you living out in LA permanently now? The UK misses you!

27. Petra says:

I learned not to judge and blame others and simply focus on myself and the way I can change/improve/keep being positive. I totally reconstructed my mindsets during nearly last 2 years. Now I act like I’m the only one responsible for what is happening in my life.
    And a big move just happened a week ago – I moved out to my new flat. I’m living on my own (alone – no flat mates) first time in my life, gonna take a good care of myself and create my own space, where I can invite sb else ;)

28. paramesh says:

Your dedication is just remarkable !
    One thing im glad about this year was :
    The confidence that it brought into my life after putting in lots of hard work in one direction .
    I wish next year becomes all the more happening trying to achieve several milestones .

And i cherish every moment of your work !!
    @@@@@@wishing a happy christmas and a great new year ahead !

29. Valerie says:

Hi There,
    First, I just wanted to say how grateful I am that I stumbled across your you tube videos. That and the other materials that you produce about confidence have been really great tools for me to move forward after a difficult but important year.

One thing that I’ve done this year that I appreciate is that I followed my heart to try a job that wasn’t a good fit but I appreciated the elf-awareness and growth that came from that experience.

What I’ve also learned is that to get anything truly worthwhile in your life it involves some degree of risk.

Thanks for all the great content this year! Congrats!

*Valerie

30. sharon says:

Hi matthew !
    i’m following your blogs for like a month now and saw all the videos on youtube.
    I went on a date with a guy. He was at my home, we watched a movie, had fun, get to know eachother and we kissed. The day after i was supposed to go to the club with him, but i got a car accident. The first thing he asked me was.. are you okay ????
    after that suddenly he stopted talking to me (mainly texting messages)
    he told his friends he didn’t regret, him coming here, but he thought i was expecting more from him. but i never did, and i never was pushy towards him. we texted for like 2 days, so i do not understand.
    with all our friends we went to the club and he told my friend he wanted to apologize to me about his behaviour. but he never did.
    suddenly he sended me a text message and apologized, that he gave me the impression that he was ignoring me. i told him i don’t want to talk trough the phone because i don’t want any more misunderstandings. he understand what i ment, but now i still don’t hear from him???
    with new years eve we will celebrate all together with my friends and he is also there. i don’t know what to do.
    i never gave him the impression that i like him more.. but i think i am hoping that one day it will be more!
    greetings from holland !

Hi Sharon,

In the next couple weeks I’m going to be addressing this very issue on the blog. Keep coming back!

31. Anastasia says:

I’m sooooo happy for you, this is amazing and very energizing to hear all about your success!!!!!!!!

I’ve done also very well this year, I have a great creative job, I’m travelling a lot as I wanted and I have many great people around me.
    My life is exciting and interesting, but I still haven’t met a guy, or all of them that I’d like have girlfriends already.
    I think I started loosing my hope and don’t know what to do…and I feel very scared flirting with any guy now, as I automatically think that he might have a GF…

32. Helga says:

I’m happy for you.
    Hope for much more blessings
    Helga –

33. Jhoana says:

Hi Mathew! I have followed ur blogs for long time and I love your positive outlook on life! I am 21 and i live on my own. I’m confident and have a positive outlook on life too. This year I’ve accomplished to begin to understand my needs, my self and create a goal. I have always dreamed of becoming a soccer player so I have set myself to investigate and learn on how to achieve this. I have begun training at the gym with a coach and running to gain endurance. Keeping healthy and eating the right foods. I also read books to keep me motivated such as “The Alchemist” by PAULO COHELO. That is a great book!
    In terms of relationships I have a lot of male friends but none that I’m interested in so far, in a way is good that I have no-one that may interrupt me from working hard on a goal and achieving it.
    I want to say your an idol to me in a way that you achieved something your passionate about and you took risks. So Good Luck but I’m sure opportunity will keep dropping as long as you persue it.
    Great Quote “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” -Milton Berle

I can’t wait to see what you got in store for 2013.
    So exited! :)

Hi Jhoana,

You’re dedication is awesome! So inspiring for everyone here at Get The Guy and for everyone who reads the blog. Thanks for sharing! x

34. Cathy says:

I’ve learned a lot about relationships with men through your work. I started the year as clueless and doubtful that I’ve ever have a meaningful, intimate relationship with a man. Now, I’m dating two amazing, successful and wonderful men. Now my problem, is who do I choose? Thanks for your lessons that have helped me understand better and discover what keeps a man attracted to me and want a relationship with me

35. Jess says:

Hi Matthew! I have just recently found your video’s and website and am very thankful that I did. This year I got my A liscense in skydiving and am having an amazing time while learning more about it. After that, I decided to go to school for aviation. That has helped me gain confidence in myself a lot, but not so much with dating and meeting people. That is why I appreciate your messages so much, they help me have a confident outlook and make me look forward to an exciting future. Thank you again for everything and can’t wait to see what next year brings!
    Hope to meet you one day! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!
    Jess

36. Aurora says:

Hi Matt!

Well, I like watching your videos and everything that I manage to read here and your advices about guys they have helped me lots :-). I have never had what you will call a good love life in my own perspective I had made some mistakes myself and also I kept choosing the players most know by **k but thanks to your advices I realized it was cause of my lack of security in myself and how guys have broke my trust every single time so to win it back I start looking things more positive and thinking I am the best girl in this world(none offence to the rest of the girls in the world they are too :-) ) and started to go to Pilates that has helped me lots too and yes I am in a long distance relationship since 2 years and 5 months and 11 eleven days to be exact, I think he truly loves me and yes nobody is perfect he shows his love to me in different ways :-) so has been a good year for me and I hope I manage to win my whole security back and be more confident with myself and with my man as well.

I will like to ask you in specific about certain things that I am clueless about what to do(in matter of love of course) so if there was any chance to ask you those things but not publicly I will be happy to hear your opinion.

Thank you and yes keep going and never forget where you come from as a part of being a successful business man.

Thanks Matt!

xx

• gettheguy says:

Congratulations on the success of your relationship, Aurora. Becoming more confident tends to help in area of life. I’m glad that it has been helping you.

37. Emanuella says:

Hey Matt! I am so glad that I found your blog this year!! every time I go on a date or im too scared to go talk to a guy I remember things you wrote or one of your videos.. It’s crazy! ;) love you!!

38. Jill says:

This year has definitely been interesting sometimes very exciting and sometimes very confusing. The highlight has been getting to meet this lovely man. I realized I too have a gift for lifting others up as well as matching people up. I am still trying to get Matt to add me to his team considering I live in LA and he wants to have a base here. Maybe one day it will pay off.

39. C S says:

I need to learn to consistently say yes to opportunities…the right one is unlikely to arrive at my door & even if he did, I usually don’t answer it if I’m not expecting a caller! Thanks again x

40. Rana says:

What do you think about staying virgin till mariage ? And what about dating ? Is sex important in a relationship ?

41. Lyne says:

This year I finally approached a guy that I was interested in after being super single for a couple of years. I am proud of myself for that as I am awkwardly shy. We went out a few times, it did not work out, but I am happy to have had the experience again. I need to work on reacting. Often, and in this case, I don’t react to what happens or is said to me. It’s like I have to take time to take it in. It can make things even more awkward and leave the person/guy assuming something because I did not react to it or share what is really on my mind. Your blogs and videos have really helped me along the way, through my journey of coming out of my shell. Thank you.

42. Anneke says:

Hi Matthew and The Team!
    This year I discovered Get The Guy and this blog.
    The positive and charisma of Matt recharge me with good feelings every time I come here.
    Thank you for your job, guys, and Merry Christmas!

43. Joanne says:

Hi Matthew, I would really like to purchase the Secrets of Attraction video but you only have it available to buy using paypal. I wish you would change that to accept credit cards. Please let me know when and if you will be doing that. I really love all the insight you provide, it has made me become more aware of myself.
    Thanks,
    Joanne

44. Lil says:

First out thank you so much! I have not been following you for very long but I have gotten some of the best advice ever and that without even taking part of one of your programs yet. I hope to sometime because I think I would truly benefit from it. There are so many things that needs to change in my life and one of the things I have learned is that I need to really make things happen now! The realization that I need to work on my confidence in all areas of my life has been painful. However I can now see that its not too late for change.
    Thanks again and I wish you all the best for 2013!

Hi Lil,

It’s never too late for change and I’m glad that you are taking the time to work on yourself. You are the most important thing!

45. Betty says:

Matt, I am so happy for you. Just within the past month or so I purchased the get the guy program and within the last month I have made many changes personal and love and I am looking forward next year. I learned to appreciate people more and even people I would not even get close too and like you said before say yes more often. Thank You again for all you do !!!

What have I been up to this year – after some dates with a man I liked didn’t work out this spring, I realised I was getting too hung up on dating, so I decided to take some time out over summer and just have fun.

I did some amazing stuff! Camping at Port Isaac to see the last Fishermen’s Friends open air gig of the year, rib ride and jet-skiing with a friend, camping in the New Forest with another friend… along the way I met another man. Didn’t work out – ‘I fancy you but I don’t want a relationship’ (just split with his ex of 8 yrs – and yes, I followed GTG’s advice and pulled back a bit whilst still having fun myself!) but it’s shown me that just doing what I enjoy doing results in mixing with men who like the same things.

I’ve also done a *very* full-on self-development course and wish I’d done it years ago. I’ve learnt a huge amount from that, and finally realised what ‘You’ve got to love yourself before you can love someone else’ really means. Dating advice was useless for me until I’d understood that.

I’ve realised just how much fear has stopped me from being ME and living my life. I’ve started talks with work to take a 1yr career break to travel… eeeeeek!

47. Gabriel Gonsalves says:

Hey Matt, thanks for your year end message. I so appreciate how boldly and courageously you put yourself out there. I value your vulnerability, your authenticity, and most important your desire to connect with others. Been following your work for a bout a year now, and though I’m not a chick looking for a guy – I am a guy looking for a special guy, not settling for less than a heart to heart connection – your advice has always resonated with me. I’m also a coach, and very much look at you as a role model of what it’s like to build a powerful community around a topic that you’re most passionate about. Funny you know, you’re moving to LA, and I moved from LA to Cape Town about 5 years ago. It’s amazing how people just move in and out of LA.

For me this past year has been about finding my own voice. I realized I had been copying other coaches and what worked for them, and though I learned a lot, what I learned most was that I needed to just be me, and do more of what works for me. This year I launched my a new coaching consulting business ‘Heart’n Mind Consulting’ around my passion for Heart Intelligence. I’ve proven myself that I can do it, that I can create the things I want. This year I also left behind old ways of relating, and relationships that were no longer working for me. Also, after 18 months of no sex (with another) I’ve grown in my own ability to connect more with others at the heart level, and to connect with others from a more authentic space. It’s almost as if this year I’ve set a new foundation for what is to come, to making a greater impact in the world, and to letting more fun and more love, and more abundance in.

Anyway bro, just wanted to connect, let you know how much I appreciate your work, and the love that goes behind it. I can feel what a big heart you have.

Keep on shining bro. LA is a place for stars!

Love. Gabs

Hi Gabriel,

Congratulations on your new business! Thanks for your kind words and I wish you tons of success in the new year.

Thanks!

48. Denise says:

I appreciate having faced a part of the past long forgotten, which has, over time, made me stronger. I’ve learned that I have unfairly judged significant others based on my past and the importance of giving each relationship a fresh start.

49. Lia says:

Hi, I feel like I have been following ur blog for a very very long time. I wish to attend one of your talks in the UK one day . I’m from Singapore and its 2.30am here!
    I’m so happy for you hearing about your growth and success!
    And about me, I’m 20 and have never been in a relationship. Although this 3 months I’ve had confessions every week, literally. But I never seem to feel any sense of chemistry with any of them. I’m still confused . I hope to learn more from you and grow together while watching your videos, really enjoy them alot!

With love. Xx

Hi Lia,

I’m glad that you’re getting a lot out of the videos. I hope that we see your face at one of our seminars very soon.

Thanks

x

I’ve learned to let go of the things you can’t control in life or love this year. The thing is when I did let go and didn’t try to hard as I have done in my past with guys I discovered that when I was in California for 5 weeks this fall, i felt like myself and that’s when people loved me the most. That’s what I have leearned…But I have a hard time beeing myself in my homecountry, coz I don’t feel like this is my home…But I know where I wanna go in life and what I want. And I have a question for you: Why do YOU think I do this: I love talking and beeing myself around guys i’m not attracted to, coz I se them as my friends, but that’s when they fall in love with me…But When I am attracted to a guy, I don’t even have the courage to say hello..I freeze and regret everything after that I didn’t do something..I do this all the time..Why? I’m like stuck on that level, over and over again..:S Any thoughts..Please? :) Hugs/Michelle in Finland

• gettheguy says:

Hi, Michelle We all tend to get nervous around someone that we are interested in so don’t be too hard on yourself. Keep in mind, he’s probably nervous too. x

• Michelle says:

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I just wanna ask something: Do you think this guy thinks I’m stalking him or is and weird if I sent a letter to try find this guy. I met him in Grand Canyon, at the worst awful timing ever where this only happend over 5 minutes. Then we had to leave back with the helicopter. So this is my story: I was on a 4 day trip to Vegas with a bus group alone and just wanted to explore America while I was there. And I took this helicopter trip down Grand canyon and a boat tour, this guy was working down by the river there. And heading back and waiting for our flight back. He started to look at me and not in a creepy way and he really smiled at me with soft eyes, And I looked him in the eyes but I got so shy I smiled a bit but as I was turning my head away. And he did that several times, and I did smile but maybe not so that he noticed it enough. So I started to look at him, look away- thing. he did the same. And we both knew it by this point. There was just something in his eyes that was so real, like “You are so beautiful”-look towards me. I can’t forget his moment. And then he started to joke around and then se if I was looking at him a bit. I was to frozen to get it at that moment I think. But as I left he didn’t say anything, and I wish I would have just said hey and that he has gorgeous eyes. And now I think about it all the time and wish I didn’t had to leave. Coz he is there And I’m in Finland. I don’t know his name, but I wrote a letter to the company that he worked for.I wanna send it but don’t know I f it’s any point. But I don’t have anything to loose, I mean what if it could have been something if I just would have done something. Don’t wanna regret doing nothing. It’s the worst feeling ever.. What should I do?Should I send it and what should I say? Please help :) Hugs/Michelle In Finland

• Michelle says:

another thing. He said to this a bit older women from China that she was beautiful but more like a non serious level, she might have ben like 40, but with me he just froze with words atleast and just couldn’t stop looking at me. And he held his eyes and didn’t look away at one point when I was looking at him. he just smiled..allooot! Could he be interested?

Hi Michelle,

As I always say, you can wait or create. The only way to know what is going on between you two is to reach out and ask. Good luck! x

• Michelle says:

Thanks, I’ve made my decision to create. Coz I always go for what my heart tells me to do. Thanks for your answers. Hope you will have a great new year ahead for you! x

• Michelle says:

And thanks for your videos on youtube btw! I started to follow them about a year ago. They make so much sense in life an I think that I have learned some things, but need to work on myself still :)But I am starting to just be able to be myself more around people. Sometimes it feels like it depends on if I feel I can trust that person. But sometimes I just forget to think about anything and just be myself. And that Feels like such an amazing big step for me this year! so Thanks again for you support to all of us out there! x

51. sophia says:

Hello Mathew,
    I have followed you and your blogs for ages now.
    I am 22yr. Learning as im progressing in life about love and reltionships.
    Your blogs are benefial, from you i have learned to say “yes’ to things, through saying yes i can have oppotunities to build friendships and relstionships.
    I have been single now for 4 years, just cant seem to attract or get a guy.
    But i shall keep with you.
    I have learned that not all men are the same, as some of us say!

Thankyou for your useful advice.
    Sophia x

52. Jackie says:

Hi Matthew!!

You are the cutest thing! So adorable… I love how you are so open, honest, and vulnerable with us. It’s like listening to an old friend. Thank you!

I’m learning many things as well… though I haven’t had the successes you have had, I’m learning to let go of attachment to people and things. Just to be myself, and let others be who they are… without trying to change them. Those relationships are so crucial…like you said… but we can’t make people be in our lives… only those who want to be will be. And there is a reason for each one who enters into our life..no matter how brief… each one has a gift to bring… as we have a gift for each one we meet. Maybe love, acceptance, a listening ear, an embrace… whatever… but we need to appreciate each one who crosses our path.

Much love to you! <3

Hello Matthew,

I only discovered you and gettheguy.com recently, but I am so glad I did! I love your videos, and especially how detailed they are – you actually give us examples of what to say and how to act around guys, and that, I believe, is hard to find elsewhere. So great work!
    The reason I felt like leaving a comment here is because yesterday, I “broke up” with a guy that I’ve been dating for the last month. It has made me realise how difficult love can be, and what an effort it must take to work with it every day, and to motivate people in their love lives. So creds to you, I really admire what you do!
    I also have one question (and you are not at all obliged to respond, of course). You see, the reason that I ended things with that guy, was because I had a doubt. I was not sure if I’d ever have mutual feelings for him, although I did feel something. So my gut feeling told me that in these cases, when it’s about love – well, there’s one rule: if you have a doubt about going into a relationship with a person, then don’t do it. Then it is not going to work. And if you do try, you’ll just end up hurting the other person even more.
    Today, I am so sad and so incertain about whether I made the right decision or not (because he is a really great guy!). So, I just wondered whether you think that it is true, the “rule” I followed? I am not going to base my future actions only on your answer, of course, but I would be so, so pleased to hear what your experienced mind thinks of this – if you find the time of course.

Thanks so much for guiding women (even 20-year-old ones like me).

Greetings from Norway!

Hi Victoria,

That’s a great question. I think that if you are generally a confident, secure person your ability to see people who are harmful in your life is going to be high and you gut feelings are probably pretty accurate. On the other hand if you find that you tend to doubt yourself you will for sure doubt other people.

54. ruth lordan says:

ah relationships–now that you have one with nbc please develop your own insightful show that won’t be hokey–as a professional psychic (43 yrs worth of hard work) I feel compelled to tell you this. thank you

55. Althea says:

Dear Matt,

Thank you for doing what you are doing.

During the past year I’ve done many things I have been very scared to do but despite my fear and all the struggle things have worked out in a good way.

I decited to “jump into nothing” last summer and it’s been very stressful for I’m such a control freak. Have been learning how to see myself in a new light, how to be more gentle and more strong at the same time.
    I have found new friends, started a new work project that has been very inspiring and fruitful, and I ended one relationship that was going on for years and years and was actually making me very sad.
    I’ve realized I needed to torture myself to realize I am worth much more. And I need to see and believe it really myself. I’ve learned to open up more, bit by bit, and I feel like there is so much in life I have never really understood before.. I made up my mind to put some very dark things behind, and that old version of myself, and I’ve been learning to get to know me better. And I have also been again learning how to have more fun!
    Every day is a miracle. And a challenge – not to go back to my old habbits of not respecting / taking care of myself. And I have maybe found the man of my dreams, but there’s still a long way to go. For I need to learn to trust myself more.

Thank you for your work! And keep on rocking in the free world.

Kind regards,

-A

Hi Althea,

Thanks so much for sharing! Over the next couple of weeks I’m going to start posting about some of the very issues you have talked about.

Thanks

x

I moved to London to start my degree which was a dream of my entire life as I remember myself. The thing I have learned is that life has two ways of getting you down: either by depriving you of what you want or giving it to you.

57. Amina says:

Hey Matthew,

Just wanted to say that I think it shows true character that you are not only helping to guide others in THEIR growth but that you are also comfortable enough to share YOUR OWN growth. I think that’s really nice. I only just discovered your vlogs and blogs yesterday but I have a feeling that your insight will be a good thing to have. Happiest of New Years for you- Cheers from NYC!

Hi Amina,

So glad to meet you and welcome! I truly think that we are all in this together and hearing from everyone on the blog is what keeps me going.

Thanks

58. D says:

P.s. The unshaven face is a good look Matt!

59. kahlua67 says:

I have only been on here a few months and one of the biggest things I have figured out is to just breathe. Learning how to relax and be myself around men. Losing 45 pds has helped with the confidence. Thanks for being here for us and Merry Christmas. Karen

Hi Karen,

Congratulations on your improved confidence! I love to hear about people taking steps to improve their lives, it’s inspirational.

60. D says:

Hi GTG team and Matt,

Really pleased to watch how genuine you are about your reflections in the past year.

I hope to be able to pre-order your book Matt. I am happy to have discovered you this year and am proud of myself for being more outgoing and learning to say yes to more things with the aid of the WW programme. I hope to work on my communication skills and confidence in the next year. Love your Confidence Secrets e-book – that really inspires me every time I read back.

Keep empowering, inspiring and growing,

Dash.

61. Hidz says:

Hey Matt,
    You are looking tired and definitely need some rest…really :)
    Ok for update, I am still struggling with my relationship because now I am so clueless what are “we” … but since I am a PhD student and this is my dead week….so now is ME ME time… hey…thanks for the advices…
    please take care of yourself. Bye for now Matt!

• gettheguy says:

Thanks so much for your concern. It is definitely a busy, busy time! I think we have something coming out in the very near future that will help you with your problem. Stay tuned! x

62. Eveliina says:

And I’ve never had a boyfriend.

63. Fatisha says:

Congrats on all of your succes and I wish you continuted blessings. I am here in the U.S. you said your book comes out here in April? What is it going to cover? I am a single mother of two wonderful boys 12 and14, I have been out here looking for love 10 plus years and can’t seem to find anyone who wants anything other than a hook-up, who are really not avaliable emotionally, or don’t want to date a woman with kids. Starting to think something is wrong with me. Will you be covering or giving any advice for single mothers?

Hi Fatisha,

The book is available now for preorder on Amazon and it comes out on April 9th. I think the book will have lots of advice that will apply to you.

Thanks x

64. Andi says:

I’ve been following you this last year. Last spring my 12 year old daughter told me, “you haven’t been on a date in a while. You should date.” I was like, “Thanks for noticing, kid.” I began on line dating. Met several nice guys within a couple of months, but no one I’d hit it off with. I got discouraged and took a break when it started feeling like work. In October I went to a Halloween party and ran into a guy I’ve worked with for 4 years who admitted to me he had a crush on me for 4 yrs. We are now dating…it’s wonderful and scary. And it was right in front of my face the whole time. I am so grateful I wish everyone can have this feeling.

65. Eveliina says:

Hello, I have learned to try to be myself and while not caring about what others think and say. :) And I’ve noticed that three guys looked at me this week and last week, but a guy in my previous school and the class looked at me and defended me against another guy that was a little mean to me. :) But I do not know if he still likes me because he said hello to me in high school that I go to now. :/: (

Hi Evellina,

Great to hear from you. Don’t over think it just be playful and have fun and the right guy will fall in line.

66. Holly says:

P.s. looking forward to read ur new book in new year and please keep posting videos!!! I’ll follow all the way!

67. Katelynn says:

I’m very happy for you :) you help a lot of people and deserve happiness yourself! Thank you for the helpful information have a happy new year!

68. Holly says:

Matt, I love your blogs and video, they are very motivated. It was not great year, ups and downs, but discovered your blog and following your blogs have made me feel better. I am glad you had a great year and hope next year will even better. I’m hoping and sure I will have a better year in 2013 too!!
    Sorry I have been reading and following your blogs but haven’t left message before. I shall try to leave messages more in future! Merry Xmas to you and your team and happy new year!

69. muri says:

Hello Matthew,
    Congratulations on your success. I have been quietly following you for about 2 years now :) You deserve all these great happenings so much!

Thank you for the ability to pinpoint how grateful you are for all that has happened in your life during this year, because that is exactly how I feel.

My most daring event this year was to move from Portugal to England by myself, get a job and be enthusiastic about all the little things that I would normally take for granted. I have learnt that nothing is guaranteed and that there is a reward for nurturing your dreams with the necessary action to make them happen :)

I can only wish that 2013 will bring you even more light and happiness!

I hope to be able to meet you soon!

All the luck,

Muri

70. Ana Díaz says:

Hi Matthew!
    This year has been a rollercoaster for me. I moved three times between cities, (and countries), changed jobs three times and made two very important decisions in mi life:
    The firs one is that I DO wanna be an opera singer no matter how hard it gets or how long it takes and that most of my effort is gonna go towards that direction. That was one.

The other was to fix my love life and really learn. That’s how I started taking your online course. And I have to be honest, all started because of a particular guy, yes. But as time went on by I realized that guy was not worth it. I am too high value for a man who cannot make up his mind. So right now, the year is ending with the realization that yes, I am a very high value woman and I do not need that kind of men in my life.

Thank you so much Matthew, you’ve completely changed my life and I am so very grateful for that. I hope 2013 comes with so much more blessings and work also. I hope I get to go to one of your seminars one day. You are a complete inspiration. Thank you!

Love,
    Annie

71. Ramona says:

Hi there Matthew (and the rest),

Thanks for the great vid’s who where quite inspirational… not only for finding “the guy” but more in respects of changing the way one thinks… add a more positive vibe into life as you will. For me it has been a most interesting year aswell… It had many changes, It began with a promotion early this year and having a boyfriend to loosing it all just a few months ago. The firm I worked for 17 years got bankrupt and the guy I thought who really cared for me.. turned out to be afraid of comittments.. So I had to let him go. Now this all may sound all very sad and such, did feel like that for a little while to (won’t lie about that) But… Luckily there is a ‘but’. I also learned alot about myself at the same time, I learned that I am way stronger as I thought I would be, Learned that I “can” let go, if it doesn’t work out.. and that failing isn’t the end of the world, you just get up and go on…cause there isn’t a way back. Am atm working on starting my own business (using my creativity, which I neglected for years) and have a friend now, which may or may not be something more… but I give it some time and see. The good thing is that I don’t feel any pressure for anything no more and feel quite liberated in a way :-)
    That’s what I learned this year.. that one always can discover new things about one self.

Have yourself and your coworkers and friends a very merry Xmas. And thank you for the inspiration!

Hugs Ramona

Hi Ramona,

You have had quite the year! I’m glad that you were able to come through it all with a positive attitude and with soem valuable lessons learned.

72. Alison says:

Hi Matthew!

I found your program when I was going through a rough time this summer. And even though this year has been pretty awful (multiple deaths in the family, living in a place I don’t want to live, took a risk on a job that turned from a great opportunity into a nightmare…) the best moment of my year was influenced directly by you! I went to a concert out of town and I saw a gorgeous guy that I would normally assume was out of my league, and I somehow managed to pluck up the courage to say something to him and we ended up hanging out the rest of the show and having a great time. And even though nothing really came of it, knowing that it was possible completely changed my mental state.
    So that you so much! You’ve given me back hope.
    Congrats on all your success – funny how the best things in life can be simultaneously amazing and terrifying. :)

Hey Matthew,

Great to see that you’re well, and I hope you’re factoring in plenty of time to nurture your relationship with yourself, as well as with everyone else!

While I keep as positive as possible, your enthusiasm and energy for the work you clearly love is deeply sustaining when the fear gremlins (who say things like “I’m not going to find anyone”, etc!) snap at my heels; thank you.

This year, I’ve put myself out there more, and opened myself to opportunities – this has lead to being invited to attend events and training courses at cost/free and out of the blue! I am now making headway towards my calling to coach others to be more compassionate towards themselves :)

I put myself out there emotionally, too; it didn’t work out, but I can look back and say, ‘at least I dared greatly.’

I really believe you’d love Brene Brown’s work, if you haven’t come across it already? Your sense that vulnerability and relationships/connection are the keys to success is echoed and developed further by Brene; her TED talks and her new book Daring Greatly have – along with your blogs posts – helped me to appreciate vulnerability as the foundation of living with more heart.

For the coming year? I want to get out more, physically, as I know that all the good men are everywhere (and, yes, I talk to people everywhere I go); I sense that by creating more opportunities for connection in person, maybe I’ll find someone who sees beyond my illness!

Have a splendid festive season, have fun and remember to recharge your batteries; 2013’s going to be HUGE!

xx

74. Silvia says:

;) so are you still single?

75. Celine says:

Hey Matthew,
    I just wanted to say congratulations on the new televion series!
    I’m Canadian but am hopeful that I will be able to watch the series here.
    All the best!

76. Alida says:

Matt, you’re doing sooo well!
    It’s amazing, watching you evolve into this amazing Role Model to so many people!
    I can see you staying in LA but don’t forget us in London! I still have a lot of friends who want to come to the seminars!
    Miss you loads!
    Alida xx

Thanks a lot for your videos and e-mails! I write down new expressions and words that you use and learn them. I also enjoy your accent a lot! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

78. V says:

I really appreciate stumbling across Matthew and Get the Guy, and all the information and advice that comes with it.

I have learned to take opportunities when they arise even if they dont have the ultimate outcome that I would like.

79. Marina says:

Mathew,
    I’m just an 18 year old who is really really really awkward and who’s always falling in love and getting into serious relationships I can’t handle.
    Since I moved out for university and broke up with my boyfriend because of the distance, I found out so many things about myself. One of them, is that I have NO IDEA of how to flirt, and that meeting new guys scares me.
    So I found you on youtube and watched like 10 of your videos in a row. They really helped.
    With your help, I’ve realised that its not so much about how pretty he might find you, but your entire package, and most importantly your personality. Now when I meet guys I look at them in the eyes and I just try to be my best self with a smile because that’s what I’m comfortable with and that’s why a guy should appreciate.
    Thanks to you I’ve also realised how important it is to show your passion for life. People tend to hide their “sparklyness” and pretend to be mysterious and down so they can have your attention. I’ve learnt to stay away from those poeple and I’m not afraid to show my hyèr-happiness anymore. Also, if I get a smile or a look down the street now I won’t hesitate to smile back.
    Today I almost get hit by a car just for smiling back, but it was worth it, the guy waved at me! :)
    You’ve taught a few tips which are very true and helpful.
    There are dicks and there are nice guys and I think all girls should always be receptive to anyone, not just for love, but in general, as it’s always good for your confidence.
    Anyways this is getting kind of long, I also wanted to say that I love the way you’ve done this whole “get the guy” project. However, I think that the way its called “get the guy” gives the wrong impression, it makes it sound like its a channel for desperate women, when its actually just a magical place for anyone who needs a little advice on finding their love life (but that’s just my opinon).
    Aso, Mathew, you’re a beautiful man (you probably know) and I really like your blonde beard. You have the cutest way of smiling while you speak :) Merry Christmas and hope that your non proffesional love life is good!

Hi Marina,

I’m glad that you’re smiling, Marina! Everyone around you will be grateful that your happiness is shining through. Thanks for the comment!

80. Allison says:

Hello, Matthew, I am from Hong Kong.I just started to follow you yesterday! haha..

I have learnt how to let go of past and I am not that stubborn anymore. I am happy about it.

At the beginning of this year, I ended a relationship that I should have done it long time ago. I was very upset and thought of many things,what i have done wrong etc. Then I started to read books about guys, I realized that I don’t know guys at all.

Books really helped. I am happily in a new relationship now. But still, I have many things to learn from you! haha.. I like your videos because you tell us more specific information. *thumbs up*

And I am looking forward to your new books!!! Hopefully, I can get that in Hong Kong soon :D x

A new might be better. even though I am still new to this uplifting advice. Thanks to you tube, I still wonder though. Ill keep watching these advise clips to help me along, I hope it helps me. I’m glad you found success, even though I don’t know you but heard some of your stuff, I would like to say thank you for being one person in the wonder that cares. It’s like when humanity ever sees any light from the sunshine that brings joy or happiness because of others pure intention, It destroys it. I hope your work carries on and happy new year. Thank you for bring some people out of the darkness and into the light.

Hey Michelle,
      Happy to help in whatever way I can. I hope the videos and articles I continue to put out will be of some benefit to you in your life x

82. Greatgal says:

I am a divorcee and what I achieved this year is that I have met many different men and have had multiple second/third dates etc. Thanks to you videos I now understand men’s body language better and also how to be attractive to guys. I have finally met someone I quite like and he’s a Londoner and younger. He speaks with a charming London accent like you.

I have only ever dated American guys before so I’d like to ask you, do English guys assume we are exclusive right away? Or is it more like US dating where it’s not assumed until a proper conversation. Also, I’d like to know about how to deepen our relationship from dating to more serious.

Thanks!

Hey Greatgal,

It really depends on the guy. People like to talk about the American ‘dating culture’, which we don’t have in the UK in quite the same way, although increasingly Brits (esp. in cities) are treating dating in the same way as in America. My rule is to always assume the conversation will be necessary on some level, or at least that you find a way to communicate that the two of you are exclusive.

I’m going to bring you something in the new year which goes DEEP into this subject in a way I’ve never done before. Can’t wait for you to see it x

83. katie says:

I have gained so much more confidence in myself. I tend to be a bit shy, especially around people I do not know. I think that was always my excuse to say well I’m old school and want the guy to ask me. This year I walked up to a guy and asked him to dance with me. He said yes and even texted me that night. I know this does not sound like much, but it was a huge boost in my confidence. I did not feel any chemistry between us, but it was more about the experience. Now if only I could find and talk to guys at places other than bars and clubs. That is going to be my goal for this coming up year. Any good suggestions of where to start?

• gettheguy says:

Everywhere else! Talk to three guys today in places you wouldn’t normally strike up a conversation and see what happens. Thanks for commenting Katie! x

84. Sabrina Aripen says:

I think I’ve had a pretty amazing year. I decided to pursue my passions, and in doing so, I left a 9-5 job to go completely freelance and do things that I’ve always wanted to do but was too afraid to do so. Sure, money may be a bit hard to come by, but I’m really doing stuff that means a lot to me, and it’s a great feeling! Something that cannot be measured in dollars and cents.
    What have I learnt? the first step to getting what you want is the hardest, you’ve got to be brave enough to try. But once you’ve overcome that, the possibilities are endless.
    Oh, and I still haven’t found my happy-ever-after, but that seems to matter less when you’re happy with yourself and your life.

• gettheguy says:

“I still haven’t found my happy-ever-after, but that seems to matter less when you’re happy with yourself and your life.” More than that, this is exactly the time when crazy things happen in your love life. Happiness attracts happiness. Stay happy and proactive (in your love life too) and he’ll come.

85. Crystal says:

just wanted to say thank you for all of your great advice in the last few months!
    you’ve taught me alot and even though I’m still quite young I’m glad that I am learning these things now rather than later.

Thank you for everything you’ve taught me, from what not to do on a date to how to get a guy at work without looking stupid (which I have been able to accomplish!).

I hope you have a great Christmas and new years and I cannot wait to see what happens next year.

thanks again

Crystal

• gettheguy says:

Thanks Crystal. It’s going to be a mad time for sure, but you’re going to see crazy things happen here with us, and you’re going to be part of it! x

86. Cabbage says:

Matthew, I LOVE your videos!! I’m in US and would LOVE to get that DVD of yours, but I looked at the price convertion and shipping from UK and it gets rather much….
    Is any way you make it available for us in USA?
    That’d be soooo awesome!!
    xoxo

Hey!

I have a complete online programme which involves ZERO shipping, you just access the videos from your computer. You can access the videos here: http://www.themanmyth.com/products/. It’s only $29.95 to get started and includes a free trial to my 6 part immersion programme. Give it a go and let me know what you think, I’m very proud of it!

Enjoy x

87. muyemi says:

I could nt watch the video cos of ma fone type, buh hv learnd a lot 4rm u. Jes met a guy thru ur techniques nd hv bin using ur proceedures nd all. Tnx hussey. Hv a nice xmas nd new year, luv ya

88. shi says:

thanks for this nice videO :D
    this year I start writing my book ,though i wrote ony half of it lol (Guilty you or your child ), for me it was a year with so many ups and down ,yet it was a gr8 year
    and learned how love can destroy some1 ,saw friends getting depressed ,its horrible

• gettheguy says:

Love can be really hard. But that’s why we have a place like this to come together and be positive in overcoming it!

Now write the other half of your book! x

89. Emily says:

I signed up to get your emails/videos last year. For many years I didnt think I could overcome a break up and I couldnt fall in love blah bla blah but after a year of listening to what you’ve said I’ve turned my whole situation around. The problem is now I dont have time for a relationship cuz I’m so busy. I have many guys who are interested but I dont have the time to have a serious relationship. I am a music major and I teach music, compose, I have 6 classes, I practice 3 hours everyday, and work for 20 hours a week. I am successful but I would enjoy a relationshiop too. Any suggestions?

• gettheguy says:

Hey Emily!! That’s AMAZING. Thanks for letting me know how it has affected you.

Between now and January I’m going to be talking a lot about commitment and relationships. You need to listen because it will help you decide what you really want and what you want to prioritise in your life.

Speak soon x

90. Marion says:

Hey Matthew :)

Thanks for this video. I’m happy to see you’re having so much success. :) That’s great. I live in France and the idea of being guided in one’s love life is not really well received but I truly believe that, if I want something, there has to be solution to get it. So thank you for the advice and for spreading this idea that you can actually learn how to seduce which is totally true. (reminds me of own personal high school experiments ^^)

So…this year…I guess I’ve learned to maintain balance in my life between my studies, my friends and what I really like to do. I had lost so much confident in a thing I wasn’t good at but that I truly wanted to do! So this summer, I decided to take a break and to go back to the roots. I took an art course and I became the best student of the class because I’m quite good at drawing and because I really love that. And the best is that this confidence I have found again actually help me to succeed now where I used to fail!

Here, that was what I learned. Thanks again for yours videos. It’s funny because it makes me laugh each time I receive the newsletter. So thanks^^ Have nice winter

91. Kelly says:

Hey Matthew! So great to hear about your achievements this year. You seem so genuine and relational and offer great nuggets of wisdom!
    What have I learned this year – that being single and divorced has freed my spirit and soul:) God provided me with a great job, most importantly favor and friendships in the new work enviroment. I started compteing in fitness shows, and was placed 5th and 2nd in both shows I competed in. I have a whole new set of fitness competitor friends whose energy and zest for life matches my own.
    Started doing some fitness modeling, all the things I couldn’t do being married:)
    What I need to improve on – being vulneralble and open to love in all its power. Focus on getting my book out to publishers (rewrite 2 chapters by year end, to pitch)
    Improve staying connected to my family that live overseas.
    I wrote this as much for me as for your site.
    You keep doing the great job you’re doing – and we will continue to learn and grow!

92. Rebecca says:

My New Year’s Resolution this last year has been to make memories. I think it will be one I renew this coming year. It meant I made time for my friends and family as you said, because I wanted to have people to share those memories with. One of my memories is actually visiting your team in London with my Mum for an event. My one regret of the year? That unfortunately you Matthew were in America so we weren’t able to meet your charismatic good self in person! However hopefully we will see you at an event next year. Here’s to a fantastic 2013!

Hey Rebecca!

That’s so great! I love that story!

Well keep following because you might just get your moment to tell me your story in person soon ; ) x

93. Ann says:

I’ve learnt about how to communicate better. I’m sad about maybe messing things with a guy i liked and i can so relate to anyone out there who feels that way, but i’ve learnt how to get past that and not focus too much on that and create make the things that I can do better than what I would have done in the past.

Hey Ann!

It’s always good to look forward not backwards. Continuing to learn better communication is absolutely key. And once you feel more equipped there, it’s amazing what you can turn around from your past. More on this to come. Stay tuned : )

Thanks for commenting x

94. caroline says:

Hi
    I wanted to say a big thank you for your help, this year i have made a decision which was break away from my dead marriage and is now on the beginning stages with a new completely different guy. I have found myself once again.
    Thank you again and hope you have a wonderful Christmas. x

95. Claire Martin says:

Hi!

How are you doing?

I decided to move back home from Australia this April,( sounds crazy, but I love England!) I’m 33 and I had to start again as all of my friends have moved on.

It’s been really hard starting again ESP during the GFC, I came across your YouTube videos a few months ago and I noted down all your advice on my iPhone and joined a social gym were lots of guys go.
    I have been having more dates and fun than I had in my 20’s thanks to your advice – I still make mistakes now & then from old bad habits and its a shame I’ve learnt so late on about guys – its a good job I found you online otherwise I would of carried on going down the wrong road. You give great direct advice that’s simple and to the point. I tried other sites and many dating books that contradicted themselves and made me more confused, but your way of explaining things just made everything click for me.

I have always been a physically fit and attractive woman, but in my 20s guys just used to stare at me and I didn’t understand why and how to break down that barrier, I’m now giving advice to my 20 something year old girlfriends who I can see are having the same problems I had.

I hope I can get to watch your new show I’m the U.K, I’m really looking forward to watching your methods in practice.

Hope you have a great Xmas!

Love Claire

Hey Claire!

This message made my day. So lovely.

I’m so glad to see you’ve been getting a lot from the trainings. I’ve put a lot into them so it makes me really happy to see people benefit.

In January I have something brand new on the way that you can watch, and it won’t matter that you are in the UK! Speak soon x

96. Marga says:

I’ve learned that co-dependency is bad for me and I appreciate all people around me who are helping me to get out of troubles I put myself into because of it.. And I am grateful for all the tips I am receiving from your videos too!! :)

97. Louise says:

I want to write so much more but I immediately wanted to reinforce your comments about making time for the relationships in your life. I ran my own business for 6/7 years and I absolutely LOVED what I did. I loved it so much I worked ALOT of hours. I enjoyed it so much but I was guilty of putting work before my partner. I lost my relationship because I thought the world would fall apart if I didn’t put in the hours and give my job my all. I couldn’t see it until it was too late, until I had lost everything. PLEASE everyone, make time for the important relationships in your life. x

98. Tracey says:

Hi Matthew, have been following you for a while now. I will be 50 next year – haven’t dated for 5 years following a very abusive marriage. Have had lots of counselling, mindfulness etc. and now feel ready to start again – but where do I start, where do I meet anyone. I still have fairly young children, my youngest is 10 so cannot visit museums, art gallerys easily as have to watch the clock as it were! It’s scary stuff but I feel I have a lot to offer, I have no bitterness or anger left just loads of love to give – help – where do I begin this exciting journey!

Merry Christmas to you and may your journey into 2013 be great and everything and more!
    Tracey
    xxx

• gettheguy says:

Start by reading the blogs. There’s lots on here that can help you. And if you feel inclined, the best place to actually get a roadmap is http://www.themanmyth.com/products/ There I have an entire programme that is perfect for anyone looking to start making massive leaps in their love life.

Thanks Tracey for being brave enough to ask WHAT you can do. Proud of you x

99. esme says:

Thanks for continuously giving us updates wish you would come to Australia to present a seminar we have a lot of presenters from a lot of overseas people that come here.

100. Katy says:

I am going through a very painful break up and what you are doing really motivates me not to shut down. All the best luck to you and the whole “get the guy ” team. New year will bring something good with it.

The Holidays Are Coming…

As Coca Cola would say… the holidays are coming. The holidays are always an interesting time for the way we...